Wiki Posts
Search

Which VRC Sub should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Which VRC Sub should I get?

Ok so I've been thinking with all of these 45% off deals that I'd get one of the VRC subscriptions. But do I get the everything pack for ~$214 or the off-road expansion for ~$140?

Currently I only do off-road stuff, I have already purchased some SCT upgrades but not many and I did buy the old Silver Dollar track. $214 seems like a ton for a video game...but obviously $140 is as well.

Anyone bought the off-road and wish they gone for more? The unlimited and wished you'd saved your money?

If I'm not doing ANY onroad is there any reason to get more than the off-road pack?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok so I've been thinking with all of these 45% off deals that I'd get one of the VRC subscriptions. But do I get the everything pack for ~$214 or the off-road expansion for ~$140?

Currently I only do off-road stuff, I have already purchased some SCT upgrades but not many and I did buy the old Silver Dollar track. $214 seems like a ton for a video game...but obviously $140 is as well.

Anyone bought the off-road and wish they gone for more? The unlimited and wished you'd saved your money?

If I'm not doing ANY onroad is there any reason to get more than the off-road pack?
I went from a month to month to the full deal right around Christmas. I do both, but I do not regret it at all. Knowing I will have full access to all future cars and tracks, on or offroad, it was worthwhile.

When I look at what I spend at the RC track, it's less then 2 months expenses (way less once summer and outdoor 8th scale starts back up), and this is forever. I love that I can go home after work, turn on my laptop, and run for a few min to a few hours without ever having to pack the car, charge batteries, fix anything, or clean up afterwards. Not having the month to month, I don't feel obligated either and can just enjoy it.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. The future product wasn't in my thinking and really should be. I think that's a strong push toward the full membership.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I do 3 months at a time. I just resubscribed after having no subscription from July-Dec
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I got the full sub a while ago and use it from time to time. Being in the same position you were, I'd say go for it and here's why.

How much do you spend every week on races, cars, maintenance, gas/tolls (to and from the track), food at the track, etc?

For me this paid out in less than a month of practice (generally run 2 classes onroad ($25 a week), a set of sedan tires ($27 a month+/-), $7 a day at the track for food, $12 a trip in gas and tolls, maintenance....)

You'd be surprised how much you really spend without thinking about it and everything adds up. VRC makes it alot cheaper to get wheel time.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Well my issue is that there are no tracks near me so I only race every other week at most...thus I NEED the wheel time. Currently been running on the free to play and bought a couple tracks and a couple hop ups for the SCT. I don't race SCT though so the buggy is appealing (do wish they'd made it an eBuggy lol) as is having access to all tracks.

So I'm spending like $27 for 2 classes every other week plus fuel which amounts to about $20 each time I race. One set of tires for all of indoor season so that's not really a concern. The time is the thing...the ability to come home from work and run laps is really nice...I need to get back on the free to play.