Atomik V2MR

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 230
Default Atomik V2MR

The other thread had the old title so I figured id make it easier for people who own the buggy to find the correct thread and share information

Best buggy you can get for $129.00 (from atomic website)
Attached Thumbnails Atomik V2MR-845623025173_pt03.jpg   Atomik V2MR-th.jpg   Atomik V2MR-v2mr_rear.jpg  
knapsty637 is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 12:54 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 230
Default MM

mid motor pic

http://www.atomik-rc.com/V2MR-110-2WD-Buggy-Kit.html
Attached Thumbnails Atomik V2MR-8999-atomik-v2mr-rc-buggy-large.jpg  
knapsty637 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hope to have mine on wed.
Taz_S is offline  
Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM
  #4  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: danbury ct
Posts: 145
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

great buggy for the price
dynastorm is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:15 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
DHooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norwich, CT
Posts: 1,733
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

i borrowed one for todays club race....... and came home with 2 of my own. i really like this car and cant believe the price

i ran mid motor in mod and was competitive all night, with a little set up work this car can be a winner at any track

what ive done so far.....
-team associated b4 rear hexs are one upgrade needed, if you own 12mm hes wheels and tires

-shumacher kr springs 4.0 front and 2.5 rear with 30wt front and 27.5 rear 4 holes pistons

-associated b4 69t spur for stock class but you will have to either cut or remove the gear cove for a large pinion.. i cut just the part the covers the pinion off. ( not a big deal when running mid motor.

i will be doing more and more tuning each week and will post things i find
DHooter is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DHooter View Post
i borrowed one for todays club race....... and came home with 2 of my own. i really like this car and cant believe the price

i ran mid motor in mod and was competitive all night, with a little set up work this car can be a winner at any track

what ive done so far.....
-team associated b4 rear hexs are one upgrade needed, if you own 12mm hes wheels and tires

-shumacher kr springs 4.0 front and 2.5 rear with 30wt front and 27.5 rear 4 holes pistons

-associated b4 69t spur for stock class but you will have to either cut or remove the gear cove for a large pinion.. i cut just the part the covers the pinion off. ( not a big deal when running mid motor.

i will be doing more and more tuning each week and will post things i find
so with the hex, did it screw with the width of the rear tires?
Taz_S is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
  #7  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,930
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

is this supported and sold by any other online sites?
Cain is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (60)
 
rcrickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victorville, Ca
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Taz_S View Post
so with the hex, did it screw with the width of the rear tires?
I run at the same track as Hooter and run the V2MR also. The B4.2 rear hexs still keep the car leagal width. The front b4.2 hexes work well too, just be mindfull that diffent offsets of wheels used the sholder on the stub axle could protrude past the nut seat. With the rear b4.2 hexes this is not an issue.

The car is a solid platform with some items that need addressed out of the box. The servo horn is very brittle and breaks easily, use a Kyosho hard servo horn for the RB6 it has the correct offset and height.

Here is my set up sheet from last night with all the particulars. Hooters set up is almost identical to mine.

Hope this gives a good baseline for those who are asking for some set up tips.
Attached Thumbnails Atomik V2MR-v2mr.jpg  
rcrickie is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 02:34 PM
  #9  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester Hills Michigan
Posts: 7,232
Default

Originally Posted by knapsty637 View Post
The other thread had the old title so I figured id make it easier for people who own the buggy to find the correct thread and share information

Best buggy you can get for $129.00 (from atomic website)
It doesn't seem to make sense to have 2 threads with useful info scattered across them. Please advise of any thread title changes needed/appropriate, and I will merge the threads. Or just close this one, the other appears to have a lot of useful info.
Dave H is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM
  #10  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester Hills Michigan
Posts: 7,232
Default

Title of the other thread tweaked. Let me know of any other needed changes or concerns.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...pec-buggy.html
Dave H is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service