R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Off Road on board Camera VIDS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/78181-off-road-board-camera-vids.html)

1 Xtreme R/C 07-17-2005 12:45 AM

Off Road on board Camera VIDS

Here are a couple of video's taken with my wireless camera.

One lap on board my BK2

On board 1/8 scale buggy vid

DinoXXX 07-17-2005 01:02 AM

way cool. What camera do you have?

crazyjr 07-17-2005 10:12 PM

Should come with a motion sickness warning. Just kidding great video. :nod:

1 Xtreme R/C 07-17-2005 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by DinoXXX
way cool. What camera do you have?

It's a small wireless camera I got of ebay. Search ebay for wirless camera, lots of em on there, most are video only though, mine is audio/video.

Here are some pics of the camera.

Camera pic

Camera, Car & reciver pic

crazyjr........ :lol: :lol: :lol: Another guy told me he had to go lay down after watching it cuz the room was spinning, LOL :D

Give's you a good example of the scale speeds these cars are going and how fast stuff happens.

Bigedmond 07-17-2005 11:08 PM

I can see the pictures of the camera you have, but i just got a camera, that has audio from ebay. Shipping was way more then the cost of the camera, but i plan on using it on my xxx-nt. should be good fun editing that video.

Edit:: OK, they came thru. Looks like the same camera i got. How did you mount it. I was thinking about using double side tape, with a zip tie, on a beater body. Also use a ziptie for teh 9volt battery

DinoXXX 07-18-2005 12:18 AM

How far can that thing transmit? LOL This could be trouble. I can see beater rc10's running around the beach, girls locker rooms, dare I say bathrooms. LOL Hum, maybe a pay website, "Dave's rc upskirts", just $10.95 a month all access.... oh geez someone help, I forgot my pills LOL

1 Xtreme R/C 07-18-2005 02:16 AM

On the BK2 I just used double sided tape, It held prety well.

On the 1/8 scale we used double sided tape and a zip tie. To get the best camera angle we decided to mount it on the wing, although not the safest place to mount it :lol: The plan was to record the entire 30 minute A main but the camera came loose after a hard hit off the quad. So we didn't get much after the start, what you see on the video is just warmup befoe the A main.

The range is about the same as the cars transmiter, it will get a little fuzzy if you get way out there

Team Duratrax 07-18-2005 05:48 AM

Thats something different.You really get to see the shocks having a work out.

Sean

mailboxck 07-27-2005 06:35 AM

Great vid. Saw one of those in one of the shops here and had the same idea as you did. Cool shots.

By the way, i don't see the vid for the one in the 1/8 buggy.

1 Xtreme R/C 07-28-2005 03:11 AM

I uplaoded it again and fixed the link in the first post, try it now, should work.

Not shure how RCpics works, old stuff must be deleted to make room for the new stuff automaticaly. The four stroke Revo vid I put on there was gone too. Oh well, can't complain it's free hosting.

mailboxck 07-28-2005 03:22 AM

4 stroke revo? Cool. Thanks. Keep up the GREAT work.

DOMOisCOOL 07-28-2005 02:36 PM

Sweet. Do you know if this is resistant to dust or dirt? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my Rally Car (WRC Style).

1 Xtreme R/C 07-29-2005 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by mailboxck
4 stroke revo?

A guy here in the northwest built a four stroke powered REVO with, I think a OS .52.

It's the coolest thing I've ever seen, and the sound is totaly wicked, like a YZF 450 dirt bike.

Follow the project HERE

The camera holds up prety well to dirt spraying on it and bashing. The lense is tiny so if you get any dirt on it a shot of motor spray cleans it right off.

mailboxck 07-29-2005 04:59 AM

That nitro buggy video really messed my head up. It really made me dizzy. I could only focus on the shocks and wheels. If i stared at the track too long, my head would start to spin. COOL VID!