Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Stadium Trucks :) >

Stadium Trucks :)

Stadium Trucks :)

Old 12-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Davidka
I was pointing to the cancelation of the 22t and the other fresh models not selling well as a strong indicator of the class' continued decline. If it were doing well TLR would not cancel their model so quickly, especially considering how well the buggy is doing.

I enjoy ST too, just sharing my observation.

I understand . Yea i know that TLR has stop making them which i think is a bad idea since the class is slowly growing at diffrent places. But really if them trucks where not selling well than why is it Associated updated there truck to the T4.2 and never stop making the T4 series . Than Kyosho also came out with a competly new R6T .

Thats what im getting at.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i hope your right. yes other tire ppl still making tires. but even proline has scaled back ST tires. im sure others will follow soon. I really dont want this to happen as ST is so freaking fun. plus a lot of them are the smaller pin indoor type tires.

im about to look into the panther step pins. how awesome would it be for the outdoor crowd for a enduro or blockade was made for ST!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I understand . Yea i know that TLR has stop making them which i think is a bad idea since the class is slowly growing at diffrent places. But really if them trucks where not selling well than why is it Associated updated there truck to the T4.2 and never stop making the T4 series . Than Kyosho also came out with a competly new R6T .

Thats what im getting at.
TLR has stopped making ALL tires... not just ST. Still have new tires coming out from AKA, They said in the AKA thread Typos will be out for ST soon.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/12843584-post471.html
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc barn too
check out x-factory x-60cf mid motor statium truck
something new and different platform
be carful what you ask for
you will love truck !!!!!
My 2wd rig is already xfactory, and I think its way ahead of every other 2wd, people who think different should really give it a try, even on lower bite surfaces, its much different from the normal mm converted buggies. but I do now have a x60 on the way and my t4 will soon be converted
Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I doubt that TLR will let their stadium truck die, yes they stopped making it but truck has been a flagship since forever. They dropped the price of the 2WD SC truck too and I don't think they will let that go away. They may bring a new SC out before truck since they haven't discontinued it yet, but I'm hoping for a new 22T 2.0 this spring (keeping fingers crossed).
Old 12-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The tire thing is a non issue as long as everyone has the same crappy tires to choose from. My ST makes me hate my sc truck , its so smooth to drive . Our outdoor track is a 1/8 scale track , and the ST just has a tough time getting around it in one piece, however the indoor clay track , thats a different story .... They are making a good comeback at that track .
Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my opinion, short course has wounded stadium truck and will ultimately kill it. (flame suit on)

Personally, I will not mourn the death of it. I've always thought they looked goofy and the newer "cab-forward" bodies are just hideous.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

I have an sc10 roller to trade for an ST losi kyosho ae doesn't matter, just want another one
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Stadium Truck class is fine at our track. If it were me I would go with a T4.2. But the Kyosho RT6 running at our track looks really nice. If my track sold parts for the Kyosho I would be getting that.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
In my opinion, short course has wounded stadium truck and will ultimately kill it. (flame suit on)

Personally, I will not mourn the death of it. I've always thought they looked goofy and the newer "cab-forward" bodies are just hideous.

Its not that really Staduim truck is a old time class and lots of guys who raced them like me which i raced them in the mid 2000s . Way before SC trucks ever came out. When the 2wd SC came out like the Slash it was promoted like crazy and the Staduim trucks were not at all its the same still and thats what made 2wd SC draw new racers.

But i think its slowly changeing with interest of Staduim trucks im noticeing when they watch them race.

So no i dont ever see SC killing them.

You can get diffrent aftermarket bodys for them trucks just not the cab forward bodies.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its not that really Staduim truck is a old time class and lots of guys who raced them like me which i raced them in the mid 2000s . Way before SC trucks ever came out. When the 2wd SC came out like the Slash it was promoted like crazy and the Staduim trucks were not at all its the same still and thats what made 2wd SC draw new racers.

But i think its slowly changeing with interest of Staduim trucks im noticeing when they watch them race.

So no i dont ever see SC killing them.

You can get diffrent aftermarket bodys for them trucks just not the cab forward bodies.
Another big part of it is how clean open wheel racing is vs SC. Many of us that used to run ST back in the day don't like the basher style racing that SC is.

But locally you know there will be a SC class at every race. You might bring your ST and not get to run it.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DsWright
Another big part of it is how clean open wheel racing is vs SC. Many of us that used to run ST back in the day don't like the basher style racing that SC is.

But locally you know there will be a SC class at every race. You might bring your ST and not get to run it.

Got that right ! On a tight indoor track when you have to practice out there with the 2wd SC with a Staduim truck its very hard not to get into each other . You try to just let the guys with them go buy and they ethier hit you or dont listen .

Yea thats true for me though i only have a Staduim truck for carpet tracks . Lucky enough i have some local guys near me with the trucks and we get enough of them to have a race usually at diffrent tracks.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Got that right ! On a tight indoor track when you have to practice out there with the 2wd SC with a Staduim truck its very hard not to get into each other . You try to just let the guys with them go buy and they ethier hit you or dont listen .

Yea thats true for me though i only have a Staduim truck for carpet tracks . Lucky enough i have some local guys near me with the trucks and we get enough of them to have a race usually at diffrent tracks.
I was at Kennett HS today for a basketball game and regret not going to the mushroom bowl to practice with my ST. I need to go when they got the carpet oval set up and learn to drive again for the first time since i was a kid. Last time i was there the wall ride and big jump were out of my league. But no excuses i will be coming to the mushroom bowl soon regardless that's a promise.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Not having ST in the worlds is hurting it. If it was I think it would come back. Tebo is probably the best St driver.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
Not having ST in the worlds is hurting it. If it was I think it would come back. Tebo is probably the best St driver.

Yea i guess but to be honest i dont care what the Pros run or if its in the worlds i know others do though.

Jack; Its fine man yea there was about six of us for the trophy race on Saturday . The layout was big time diffrent for the race.

The thing im hoping is that there will be at least more than three trucks on the club racing days just not the big race days. We only race there two times or three a mouth.

Yea the wall ride is tricky you just need to let the truck roll up and down it . The big jump witch one is that one ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.