Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 04-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any tips to servo horn attachment? Just did it for a 3rd time, still ended up having to trim to the right. I'm as close to 90* as the horn and servo gear will let me get when I attach it.

Are you guys going 1 tooth to either side?
Old 04-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by intercede007
Any tips to servo horn attachment? Just did it for a 3rd time, still ended up having to trim to the right. I'm as close to 90* as the horn and servo gear will let me get when I attach it.

Are you guys going 1 tooth to either side?
Had the same problem. I found that if you pull the 4 bolts out of the bulkhead and the 2 from the top plate and sort of lift the plate up so you can see then adjust the horn you can get it right that way.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kalio
I've been wondering about batteries too. I thought about getting the ProTek RC 2S 100C X-Light Shorty LiPo because the weight is only 147g (vs ~210g for most shorties), but the capacity is only 2800 mah and one reviewer commented on relatively high IR. I'm not sure if the big loss in capacity is worth it the weight savings. I presume a lower capacity battery will loose more punch quicker then a higher capacity (4000-4500 mah) battery, especially in a 10 minute main.

I am running that in my B5M FL and it would make a 10 minute main. I had to add weight to it though to get traction. 35 grams.

My plan is to buy the AE lipo weight set.

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ry_weight_set/

With the battery and added 35grams it comes in at 1496.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
10 min main? That sounds like fun. I'm getting about 15 minutes on a 4200 pack, don't know if I would make it with that battery myself. Luckily I'm good on weight so a shorty is perfect for me.
Due to low turnouts the last few weeks we have been doing three 8 min quals and a 10 minute main and it is a BLAST! In a 10 min main you don't have to stress out about a crummy start or 1st turn pileup!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soniccj5
I am running that in my B5M FL and it would make a 10 minute main. I had to add weight to it though to get traction. 35 grams.

My plan is to buy the AE lipo weight set.

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ry_weight_set/

With the battery and added 35grams it comes in at 1496.
For mod racers is it better to run a square Lipo that weighs about 300gm or go to a shorty or even a slim shorty that weighs around 145gm? Does weight reduction make a difference in mod racing?
Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekin112000
For mod racers is it better to run a square Lipo that weighs about 300gm or go to a shorty or even a slim shorty that weighs around 145gm? Does weight reduction make a difference in mod racing?
Weight always has an impact. Whether it's positive or negative is up to you. Some people LOVE a heavy car, IE Maifield, some really like a lighter car, IE Tessmann.

You'll only know when you try it.

Last edited by Socket; 04-16-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran my B5m lite in 17.5 Stock for the first time last night, holy balls this is an awesome car. Coming from 2WD Short Course (10.5t motor) the buggy feels so freakin' nimble and so much turn in compared to the truck.

So far the only things I've done to setup and lowered the top hole of the rear shocks inward, using a slipper eliminator and gone up 4 teeth on the pinion. Still yet to to change the rear springs to the Greens. 2WD Stock Buggy at my local track is all B5m's except for one Tamiya and already up there with the fast guys.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Aluminum Bellcrank Set

Has anyone else purchased an Aluminum Bellcrank Set for there b5m or even t5m? Ive got the associated version and had to trim the servo case and chassis with a hobby knife to have enough clearance for the servo horn and ballstud. Im running a low pro savox and still had to trim. Now ive seen 3 other brands,jconcepts,rdrp,strc and every review is saying that they all bend and dont fit proper. Does anyone have any feedback??
Old 04-16-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xfbaap
Has anyone else purchased an Aluminum Bellcrank Set for there b5m or even t5m? Ive got the associated version and had to trim the servo case and chassis with a hobby knife to have enough clearance for the servo horn and ballstud. Im running a low pro savox and still had to trim. Now ive seen 3 other brands,jconcepts,rdrp,strc and every review is saying that they all bend and dont fit proper. Does anyone have any feedback??
You may have to trim the servo case depending on servo. You should not have to trim any part of the chassis. When the T5m came out people started bending/breaking them and many went back to the plastic. JConcepts stopped production on theirs to revise it but havent seen anything come out stating that its been done. Most run the plastic version with no issues.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
You may have to trim the servo case depending on servo. You should not have to trim any part of the chassis. When the T5m came out people started bending/breaking them and many went back to the plastic. JConcepts stopped production on theirs to revise it but havent seen anything come out stating that its been done. Most run the plastic version with no issues.
OK thanks. Im j in the process of building a b5m from scratch. I just got the protek screw kit, fast eddy bearing and a prime waterfall brace. Ive heard that some bodies dont fit if you want to run a fan on the brace. I know that the jconcepts finsisher fits with no issues but I kinda like the proline phantom with the center spliter. Any idea if that would fit
Old 04-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xfbaap
OK thanks. Im j in the process of building a b5m from scratch. I just got the protek screw kit, fast eddy bearing and a prime waterfall brace. Ive heard that some bodies dont fit if you want to run a fan on the brace. I know that the jconcepts finsisher fits with no issues but I kinda like the proline phantom with the center spliter. Any idea if that would fit
Doubt it, but couldn't tell you. The finnisher sits the highest so thats what most use with the waterfall brace fan mount.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

I'm just starting my B5M Lite. Any tips or things to watch out for during the build?
Old 04-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
I'm just starting my B5M Lite. Any tips or things to watch out for during the build?
I would get the caged thrust bearing just because I don't like to mess with building the kit bearing. If I were doing it again I would build it with the titanium screw kit to begin with but that only applies if you want to drop weight.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm in the process of updating and verifying all the links in the first page's Aftermarket section (found a few that didn't work).

If there any links you want to see for products that are not already on there, please PM me or post to the thread.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
I just finished my B5M CE a couple weeks ago. My advice on the ball cups is to use the boiling water method instead of the squeezing with plier method. I just heated up a cup of water in the microwave for a minute or two. After installing the turnbuckles to the ball cups, I put a mini screw driver head through the ball cup and just let them sit in the the water for a minute. Flipped them over to the other side and did the same. When I put them on the ball stud they moved freely. Unfortunately, I didn't do this the first time around and had to do some breakdown when my front suspension was so tight it would just stay up when I pushed it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.