Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree136Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Maybe one that's actually available?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
It seems the protek 2s 4250 mah shorty packs are sold out everywhere. Can anyone recommend a good battery in the $60 range? I placed a back order through amain but wondering if they are ever coming back in Stock!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Approved_.html

I use them in my 2wd, and normal size in my touring car, very common used in my regon and very good comments for the price.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Svendc
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Approved_.html

I use them in my 2wd, and normal size in my touring car, very common used in my regon and very good comments for the price.
Yeah, I looked at the turnigy packs as well but coming from China they won't get here for 3 weeks I assume?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

I got through the first couple parts of the Champions Edition build last night.

Why do the CE supplement instructions call for 6mm ball studs on the steering rack with NO 2mm washers when the standard issue instructions call for 8mm ball studs with 2mm washers? Why did they change the stock Ackerman by taking away 2mm? That makes the steering less aggressive, but they don't give a reason.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Yeah, I looked at the turnigy packs as well but coming from China they won't get here for 3 weeks I assume?
They actually have 2 American warehouses. Ship almost anywhere in the US in 3-4 days.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Really? Had no problem getting mine!

There's also this one.
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...rice&order=ASC

Best bang for the buck batteries and are totally worth the wait!
Who else can even come close for the $?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Really? Had no problem getting mine!

There's also this one.
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...rice&order=ASC

Best bang for the buck batteries and are totally worth the wait!
Who else can even come close for the $?
Those are still pre-order only...same as the others. The one time I ordered a SMC shorty I got 2 of them. They both came with a bulge.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Those are still pre-order only...same as the others. The one time I ordered a SMC shorty I got 2 of them. They both came with a bulge.
Never had that with any of my packs. They had a problem with a shipment of full sized packs back when but Danny took care of everybody and replaced the packs. Shorties I haven't had a single issue with so far and the new 100C packs have some pretty good IR's!

It's kinda hit or miss with Turnigy packs but they are pretty cheap though!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Never had that with any of my packs. They had a problem with a shipment of full sized packs back when but Danny took care of everybody and replaced the packs. Shorties I haven't had a single issue with so far and the new 100C packs have some pretty good IR's!

This was a few years back. I am also looking for some new shorties and cant find anything good in stock.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I just can't get myself to "pre-order" batteries without knowing a ship date, I just can't.

I've seen way to many SMC packs puff. Maybe it was a bad batch and those days are gone, I don't know. But I just can't wrap my head around Danny's comments that "all lipos puff/swell when you run them. You just notice it with ours because our cases fit so tight." (not an exact quote but you the point)

I Danny's defense, tons of people swear by SMC. I'm just not one of them.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racer1812
I just can't get myself to "pre-order" batteries without knowing a ship date, I just can't.

I've seen way to many SMC packs puff. Maybe it was a bad batch and those days are gone, I don't know. But I just can't wrap my head around Danny's comments that "all lipos puff/swell when you run them. You just notice it with ours because our cases fit so tight." (not an exact quote but you the point)

I Danny's defense, tons of people swear by SMC. I'm just not one of them.
That is exactly what I was told when my packs arrived in the 'pre-puffed' state. They stuff soo much pack into a super thin case that its going to puff. Nowadays with how the battery strap goes into the waterfall a puffed pack will create an issue...the strap needs to float in that region, not be jammed up in there. The chassis cant flex properly if the strap/pack wont let it.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tsair
Maybe your inner slipper plate is wrong? For the VTS, there are two different plates, the inner one has a small nub and there should not be much of a gap between the motor plate and the slipper plate. The outer one has a big nub for the spring to go around.

Here's the inner one, which is different:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...sc7485/p176105

Another possibility is the spring, it looks a little weird, but hard to tell if it's the correct one or not from the picture. It should seat nicely up against the plate.
So I the nut wasnt perfect on the thread, now I changed it and I gained about 1mm...this shown setting would work perfect in slipper conditions...giving throttle and the B5 gets up about 2inch!

I also added a picture showing the distance between the spur and the motor plate!

If I leave the spring washer it looks perfect!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-2016-01-08.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-2016-01-082jpg.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
So I the nut wasnt perfect on the thread, now I changed it and I gained about 1mm...this shown setting would work perfect in slipper conditions...giving throttle and the B5 gets up about 2inch!

I also added a picture showing the distance between the spur and the motor plate!
Still does not look right. Eventually that nut will come off.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by man1ac

If I leave the spring washer it looks perfect!
Take the spring washer off..you don't need it. If you aren't engaging the locking part of the thread its going to come off.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

That is exactly what I was told when my packs arrived in the 'pre-puffed' state. They stuff soo much pack into a super thin case that its going to puff. Nowadays with how the battery strap goes into the waterfall a puffed pack will create an issue...the strap needs to float in that region, not be jammed up in there. The chassis cant flex properly if the strap/pack wont let it.
I ordered one of SMC's best 2S shorties.

It arrived puffed, I cycled it easy at 15 amps up/down 6 times. Then I hit it with 40amps and it puffed hard and the IR numbers were garbage.

I'll never buy a SMC pack again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.