Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I will probably get lunsfords, the front pin brace and rear hexes. Thats what $50? So after the tower discounts, I will have like 270 in the car. If I decide to put on the rear suspension holders, that will put me slightly over $300. Still less than a 22 buggy and miles below a rb6 and slightly more than a serpent (also come with very little option parts). So I am not really seeing an issue. The xrings, I will just put in on my first shock rebuild. Most people that ran the b4.x have some machined pistons for tuning, so that wont be required for many people. The gold shafts? I will replace those "IF" the silver shafts are an issue. I am not really a fan of the color gold anyway. Since I race stock, most of the alum bling will only make me heavier, so I may skip on those, unless there is a durability issue. Dont get me wrong, if they released the FT kit at the same time, I would probably just get it. But at the current price point, I just dont see an issue. I mean it is the cheapest 2wd buggy that is actually raced at events. And it has threaded bigbores, 3 disk slipper, carbide diff balls, and captured CVA's. And if you have ever had a cva/cvd come apart, you know that is very nice.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can get the B5M manual here:

http://www.rcgearhead.com/RC10B5M_Team_Manual.pdf
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Also, in that interview. I found 2 things interesting.

1- his explanation of the arms and what they change.
2- His reasoning for not making a convertible car. He basically said the the RM config would have suffered due to chassis flex and positioning. Remember, they went alum chassis on the MM car because it requires X amount of flex, that they could not achieve with plastic and webbing. They wanted to go plastic, but could not make it work. I beleive AE gave these cars a best effort and didnt just slap it together for sales.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by langsky
This was posted over in the B5 thread...

Detailed pics of both cars from Neobuggy and an audio interview. Finally get to see the bottom of the chassis.

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/01/22/e...lead-designer/
Hmmm the on-body pic of the B5M isn't working for me I just want to see those dang rear posts for the body in action… I love where they are positioned but I have yet to see them being used

B5M has been preordered, now I just need to figure out what crap I am going to put in it.. And which chassis protector I'll be using because there is no way in hell I'm scratching the bottom of that aluminum The bottom of that rig looks suuuuper clean!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

in one of the interviews a designer said the ft version wont have anything that changes performance at all and just a few parts that are only different because tey are alu. and blue
Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I'm tempted to go through the whole thread to count how many times people ask about waiting for an FT kit.
Let's outline what "FT" means or did mean.
  • Graphite plastics - hasn't been the case since before the B4.1
  • Threaded shocks - comes with this
  • ti turnbuckles
  • coated shock shafts

In recent years "FT" has added alloy rear hubs and hexes, both of which are unnecessary (If you're not going to adjust rear width the pin drive is adequate).

Also interesting to note, when was the last time AE offered a "Team" level B4 kit? If I'm not mistaken, that went away with the release of the B4.1, if not before.

Factory Team = strong Kool Aid.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where is the switch for the ESC? I noticed that the outer steering ballcup is oriented different. Should'nt the angle be away from the axle? That way the cup can reach around the edge of the wheel on Max turn angle instead of possibly rubbing against it.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Where is the switch for the ESC? I noticed that the outer steering ballcup is oriented different. Should'nt the angle be away from the axle? That way the cup can reach around the edge of the wheel on Max turn angle instead of possibly rubbing against it.
switch is on the esc, like the hw v3.1.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C4PT4IN
Yeah, I was wondering what their lap times were on the track there so I could compare Even though there wouldn't be much of a comparison..
The fast mod guys at our track (two of them are running reedy and are Team C drivers) run low 16 and high 15's on that layout currently. That vid was shot a few weeks ago from my understanding.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Let's outline what "FT" means or did mean.
  • Graphite plastics - hasn't been the case since before the B4.1
  • Threaded shocks - comes with this
  • ti turnbuckles
  • coated shock shafts

In recent years "FT" has added alloy rear hubs and hexes, both of which are unnecessary (If you're not going to adjust rear width the pin drive is adequate).

Also interesting to note, when was the last time AE offered a "Team" level B4 kit? If I'm not mistaken, that went away with the release of the B4.1, if not before.

Factory Team = strong Kool Aid.
To me, Factory Team Kit means that they are selling a kit that has the words Factory Team on it.

Now if you want to debate what made up a Factory Team Kit based on history then yes you are almost if not 100% correct.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

It looks like AE has all of the usual option parts, but I noticed there are not any alum rear hubs. I know they are not required, but thought it was a little odd in todays rc market. It is one of those things that sells, but does not help performance.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is this the beginning of the end for standard stick packs, now that the latest generation RC10 doesn't support a standard stick pack? I think it's a bold move for AE.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Is this the beginning of the end for standard stick packs, now that the latest generation RC10 doesn't support a standard stick pack? I think it's a bold move for AE.
You have to understand that the current lipo stick packs were made to fit an area the size of the old 6 cell nicd/nimh packs. Now that lipo's can be made in basically any size you should start to see companies design a car to be the most efficient in weight and layout. And that means the part that weighs the most is going to change as well.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can someone make the case for the square pack over a shorty pack? I don't see why anyone would want the square. Unless the car is unstable with a shorty and needs the brick in there?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gticlay
Can someone make the case for the square pack over a shorty pack? I don't see why anyone would want the square. Unless the car is unstable with a shorty and needs the brick in there?
Capacity maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.