Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moto44
Just picked up a B5M. What is the hot battery setup for this car? Also looking for a good steering servo. Was looking at the Savox any good? Which model? I will be racing on a indoor clay track. Thanks
I'll be running "shorty" packs so I can move it for balance if needed. As far as servo, I've been having really good luck using the Savox SC-1257TG's in some of my cars.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
To be honest a FT car wouldn't be a wise choice for AE. If they would just put the FT bearings in the team kit that's already out, it would be perfect for 99% of people that buy the kit. The aluminum stuff adds weight for the guys that run stock, the hard parts are kinda fragile, and I don't know of 1 person that has broke a stock rear camber block. So if they would just add awesome bearings to the kit that's already out it would be an even better car outta the box
Like has been said before, with all the talk about AE's new 1/8 buggy I really wouldn't look for anything new in the 1/10 department any time soon. IMO a factory team verson should be available around the same time as a B5 RTR comes out. That way you can cater to both the hardcore recers with the FT kit or the beginner with a RTR that can be upgraded with the FT parts
Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
I'll be running "shorty" packs so I can move it for balance if needed. As far as servo, I've been having really good luck using the Savox SC-1257TG's in some of my cars.
I'm thinking of running shorty pack also, but I have a saddle pack just in case. Where are you running the shorty, to the front/rear/center??
Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WillS
why replace? get a set of MIP hexes and that will never happen again. I use to do that a lot with other brands. Went to MIP (ya they cost more, but you will never replace them) and havent had the problem since.
my drivers are MIP
Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow I will be going to my first club race. Pretty excited. Don't expect to do well at all, but regardless I can't wait. Any tips? Beginner mistakes I should avoid?

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hcopp
Hey Guys,

Tomorrow I will be going to my first club race. Pretty excited. Don't expect to do well at all, but regardless I can't wait. Any tips? Beginner mistakes I should avoid?

Thanks!
Dont Wreck!! I just had my very first offroad race this weekend with my B5M. I've never even turned a lap with it and had no time for practice before the race because I was gluing tires. They put me in the Novice class this time to see what I could do. My only goal was to not wreck me or anybody else. Watch whats ahead and avoid trouble. You have to finish to win. I ended up winning both qualifiers and the main. I feel like the biggest problem the other racers had were trying to go faster than they could without making mistakes and wrecking. I've been racing for years with onroad cars and Mini-Z's and there is no substitute for practice. I think that just knowing how to race is key to doing well in any type of racing.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
my drivers are MIP
oh LOL then how did you strip them? Are you running an aluminum bulkhead and it bond up?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RussF
Dont Wreck!! I just had my very first offroad race this weekend with my B5M. I've never even turned a lap with it and had no time for practice before the race because I was gluing tires. They put me in the Novice class this time to see what I could do. My only goal was to not wreck me or anybody else. Watch whats ahead and avoid trouble. You have to finish to win. I ended up winning both qualifiers and the main. I feel like the biggest problem the other racers had were trying to go faster than they could without making mistakes and wrecking. I've been racing for years with onroad cars and Mini-Z's and there is no substitute for practice. I think that just knowing how to race is key to doing well in any type of racing.
I've got a couple hours of practice with this layout so I know where the trouble spots are. Not crashing is my number one priority. Id rather run consistent laps and finish dead last then crash every turn and put in some fast laps
Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WillS
oh LOL then how did you strip them? Are you running an aluminum bulkhead and it bond up?
Plastic bulk head and I dont know, lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had some screws that just seemed softer than others
Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj
Like has been said before, with all the talk about AE's new 1/8 scale
New 1/8 scale?....electric? More info
Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
New 1/8 scale?....electric? More info
http://liverc.com/news/special_featu...oils_the_show/
Old 09-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
To be honest a FT car wouldn't be a wise choice for AE. If they would just put the FT bearings in the team kit that's already out, it would be perfect for 99% of people that buy the kit. The aluminum stuff adds weight for the guys that run stock, the hard parts are kinda fragile, and I don't know of 1 person that has broke a stock rear camber block. So if they would just add awesome bearings to the kit that's already out it would be an even better car outta the box
A FT would be wise IMO. To me the chassis is way too stiff for most conditions and a flex-tuned chassis could be an option and standard on the FT B5M. They did it on the B44.3. To me the bent sides are creating most of the stiffness, similar to an I-beam. eliminate the bent sides and redesigned cradle to allow more flex or tuned flex would work. People will say "just get the RM" but having two cars is not a financially viable option for most people. I love how the MM corners, jumps and so on so make it adapt to a wider range of tracks. Another option would make a composite chassis (RM style?) work in MM. Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
A FT would be wise IMO. To me the chassis is way too stiff for most conditions and a flex-tuned chassis could be an option and standard on the FT B5M. They did it on the B44.3. To me the bent sides are creating most of the stiffness, similar to an I-beam. eliminate the bent sides and redesigned cradle to allow more flex or tuned flex would work. People will say "just get the RM" but having two cars is not a financially viable option for most people. I love how the MM corners, jumps and so on so make it adapt to a wider range of tracks. Another option would make a composite chassis (RM style?) work in MM. Thoughts?
Well in interviews when they released the car they said that a composite or plastic chassis wasn't viable for the MM because it would need extra ribbing in the motor area to remain strong. I wonder if a carbon fiber chassis, like some aftermarket companies offer, would help with the chassis flex.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If we use a carbon fiber chassis on the car and flat front arms and tower arent we essentially driving a centro c4.2. cause that is pretty well what it would be. Not that the centro was a bad car, its an awesome car. But the B5m has different and unique characteristics that make it a different car that IMO performs better than a centro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.