R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

Matt Trimmings 08-28-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13497840)
Huh? :confused:

A slipper eliminator is just that. It completely eliminates the entire slipper assembly.

There is a guy that 3d prints a plastic insert to fit into the triad gears so that it eliminates the slipper but allows you to use the readily available triad gears.

Matt Trimmings 08-28-2014 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013 (Post 13497848)
The track I will be racing at is a ROAR track, are the HW ROAR approved now?

They would have to be, they just won the ROAR nats (esc wise), motor wise....check the list on the roar website

Jeepy2013 08-28-2014 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings (Post 13497853)
They would have to be, they just won the ROAR nats (esc wise), motor wise....check the list on the roar website

I asked because at one point they were not, I've been out of racing for awhile. :tire:

Wildcat1971 08-28-2014 09:21 AM

you can see the white slipper eliminator in this timelaps video. It is on the top of his table attached to the Avid spur gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmZxQCTOkY8

Wildcat1971 08-28-2014 09:26 AM

The speed controls I listed are roar legal. If you are ONLY going to run 17.5 stock. I would get the Justock. No real need to spend more.

racer1812 08-28-2014 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 13497841)
not, make mistakes like anyone.
Just that I will admit it when ever I do make a mistake.

GuessN you need to brush up on installing ball cups :p

This is getting old...

You want to tell people that you've never had the same issue, fine. You want to tell people how you do things so that they might not have the same issues, fine.

But stop telling everyone they're wrong simply because you've never had the same issue. If that's a problem everyone will get a "Cherry Free" month of RCTech.

racer1812 08-28-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13497844)
yeah, I know. A guy in Ca is making a 3d printed adapter for the Triad slipper to remove the pads and plates, but still use the Triad spur gears. Thus avoiding this terrible kimbrough gears. So what is your confusion

My confusion came from not seeing any mention of such a product in the last few pages. Only the link to the Exotek eliminator.

~won't start a 6 page long debate on Kimbrough spurs......oops, just did.

JiuHaWong 08-28-2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13497888)
But stop telling everyone they're wrong simply because you've never had the same issue. If that's a problem everyone will get a "Cherry Free" month of RCTech.

:eek:

QDRHRSE 08-28-2014 09:48 AM

I've never had an issue with a Kimbrough spur. Actually, I like them. They're not you're only option. AE sells them too....but they're probably repackaged
Kimbrough gears. If you're gonna run the Avid gears you may as well just run the whole Triad.

Wild Cherry 08-28-2014 09:49 AM

I am not the only member here that has not experience difficulties with the ball cups...

I am not alone...

JiuHaWong 08-28-2014 09:50 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...90127862_n.jpg

I'm surprised Schelle hasn't made these already.

JiuHaWong 08-28-2014 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 13497927)
I am not the only member here that has not experience difficulties with the ball cups...

I am not alone...

There is probably a batch or two with "out of tolerance" cups or ball studs, Cherry.

Jeepy2013 08-28-2014 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13497876)
The speed controls I listed are roar legal. If you are ONLY going to run 17.5 stock. I would get the Justock. No real need to spend more.

Thanks, all I plan is to run stock as I think it's a fun and competitve class.

RussF 08-28-2014 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013 (Post 13497768)
Hey everyone, I've been out of off road racing for a little bit and just getting back into it now. I just picked up a B5M kit for indoor clay track racing and plan to run stock class with it. I was looking at possibly a Revtech 17.5, not sure on ESC yet.

I only used to run Novak, but it seems they are not what they used to be.

Also what would be the bare minimum upgrades I should consider right off the bat ?

Recommendations on ESC / Motor ?

Thanks!

I got a great deal on a Trinity D4 17.5 Tornado edition from express-motorsports.net. They also had the Trinity RevTech brick pack for a great deal. Contact John on the contact page for recommendations and prices. I have had a great experience with them on a couple different motors.

I also at Johns suggestion got the Hobbywing Juststock ESC. He doesnt sell them but TQ, RaceVTA, and Amain do as well as others.

micrors4guy 08-28-2014 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 13497927)

I am not alone...

you just don't get it.

it is because you tell everyone that because you and a few others don't have the issue that there is no issue.

There are more people that have the problem with the ball cups and ball studs than do not. This does not mean that everyone is doing something wrong with them. Last I check installing a ball stud into a ball cup was not rocket science.

what is even more amazing is that once you put a ball stud into the ball cup that is round and does not have the flat spots that there is no more binding issues. I still guess that we are wrong because you have not seen it.