Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

thats what i was looking at...receiver small enough for b5m?

also it seems spare receivers are hard to come by for the low end airtronics one.... ever use the hobbyking clones? do they work?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hcopp
What radio does everyone use?

Im a little pissed off about my steering spring breaking yesterday after 8 weeks and kind of want to jump ship from spektrum - It may be extreme, but from what I have read the DX3C was plagued by this issue and if I'm having it so soon it seems they didn't fix it.

I was either thinking of going to the DX4S and flipping the two receivers and my radio when its fixed, but that would just be giving them more money.

What about airtronics / futaba? If I am going to switch I'm going to spend $200+ on a radio - bummer is that I need a second receiver, which is why the DX4S seems to be the best option - are they more reliable? Is there a noticeable difference in higher end radios?

I would go low end futaba but i tried one out and it simply just wasn't comfortable, didn't like the way it felt.

I know I may be side tracking the thread, but you guys have the same car and I'm sure ill get quicker answers than the R&E forum.

THanks!
I'm too deep in with the DX3R Pro to switch brands, but I would highly consider it if you plan on going to big events. I get some weird issues with it not wanting to bind sometimes the closer I get to the amains with all the other drivers having more powerful systems.

But if you do stick with spectrum, use at least the DSM2 receivers for racing as the DSM 1 stuff does not like having many other radio's around and the binding and glitching will be much worse.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

both of my receivers are DSMR which i presume is the newest?
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I run the Airtronics m12 and my son uses the Mt4. Airtronics are the best out there.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Futaba 4PKSR. Will be cheap when the 4PX is released. Best radio I have ever used.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

what battery packs are most popular for the b5m just wondering what u guys think ?
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hcopp
What radio does everyone use?

Im a little pissed off about my steering spring breaking yesterday after 8 weeks and kind of want to jump ship from spektrum - It may be extreme, but from what I have read the DX3C was plagued by this issue and if I'm having it so soon it seems they didn't fix it.

I was either thinking of going to the DX4S and flipping the two receivers and my radio when its fixed, but that would just be giving them more money.

What about airtronics / futaba? If I am going to switch I'm going to spend $200+ on a radio - bummer is that I need a second receiver, which is why the DX4S seems to be the best option - are they more reliable? Is there a noticeable difference in higher end radios?

I would go low end futaba but i tried one out and it simply just wasn't comfortable, didn't like the way it felt.

I know I may be side tracking the thread, but you guys have the same car and I'm sure ill get quicker answers than the R&E forum.

THanks!

Just get a thick rubber band and wrap it around the sterring wheel and around the base. This will apply tension on the steering wheel. It will allow you to keep using the radio. The springs are easy to swap as well. ask around locally i am sure someine has an old rtr radio in your area they would give away. Pull the spring from it and swap it.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Legend

Hcopp
common & any radio can break a spring.

Instead of spending hundreds more ?

Buy a couple replacement springs and call it good.

You already have a great radio, changing to another is only going to make you learn how to adjust to something different.

Better for you to stay with your old radio.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hcopp
common & any radio can break a spring.

Instead of spending hundreds more ?

Buy a couple replacement springs and call it good.

You already have a great radio, changing to another is only going to make you learn how to adjust to something different.

Better for you to stay with your old radio.
The question is WWWCR
Old 08-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had similar issue with spektrum and switched to futaba and then airtronics. I now run an mt4 but both of the futabas I had were awesome. The 4pl and the 4pksr were awesome I just like the feel of an mt4 in my hand better. Nothing wrong with futaba or airtronics there is also ko propo and radio post but those will prob run you a lil more even when used.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

For years I owned a DX3R/Pro and I frequently had issues with unbinding, glitching, etc., especially at big races with many other radios nearby. Each vehicle I own (9) has it's own RX so I too was very invested in Spektrum. However, I bit the bullet and bought a Futaba 4PKS-R and I LOVE this radio! I have had zero issues with it. Performance is awesome and you can run a Life battery pack which lasts months before needing charged.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Futaba 4PL here with a Futaba $39 micro rx. Best radio I have ever had. Get rid of that Spektrum and you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just bought a roller from the classifieds. Was torn between this and the 22 2.0 but after swing one on the new out last week go for the big triple and only breaking a wing mount after countless lawndarts etc. I was sold.

Anything other than wing mounts I might want to stock up on?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

From what I read the springs are hard to come by.

Part of it is how customer service took 4 hours to call back - two days in a row - then said "we will have the radio for 5-8 days"

its 8 weeks old - send me a new one - you want me to be a customer for a while? take care of me.

This may be rantish, but having worked in customer service for years when something that new breaks, you take care of the customer.

The radio works very well for my needs, but I don't want to go all in on something I am having doubts about now - between my two receivers and the radio I could probably get close to $160 - and an MT4 is 220.... only reason why those gears started turning.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Spektrum DX3R, never had a single issue with it and receivers are $25 and pretty small (SR3100)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.