Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the Pics!

I appreciate the pics on the long Battery configuration on the B5M. I will probably do something simular. When I get done with it I will try to upload some pics.

The final set-up would be great! To give me a starting point on the setup..
Old 07-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Advice for Wildcat, just put on the stock setup or a setup from a pro driver on similar surface, pick the right tires, and just drive and practice. Don't tune yourself out. Don't worry about the lightweight crap and silly stuff like that. Spend that money on something that matters like tires and spare parts.

And if you think your car is really twitch right now, slicks will only make it worse. Unless you are just on the incorrect tires at the moment...
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I was running a standard setup. Lol nothing creative about it. I had my own personal setup on the car. Imo it was better. Sometimes like to baseline the car and start over and try a few new things. Going to go that now. I didnt like how much my old setup rolled. I wanted it flatter. Fyi it drives flatter but to much steering now
Old 07-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Here how i got the same offset (about 4.20mm). I had to cut and drill stock 22 hex. It feels the same as stock wheel and i can mount the tires back to back on each cars.
[/URL]
How about the rear? I'm guessing tlr and ae rear wheels have different offsets? what a pita
Old 07-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well I love this car so much I bought another. For what I don't even know lol
Old 07-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
How about the rear? I'm guessing tlr and ae rear wheels have different offsets? what a pita
They are all identical out back. TLR, AE, Kyosho, B44, TLR22.4, and others. Look at the Proline rear rims and it gives a pretty good list. Only Xray and Durango need adaptors.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sweet. I was comparing my tlr and ae's and they looked different....just deceiving.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Sweet. I was comparing my tlr and ae's and they looked different....just deceiving.
the tlr wheels have a thicker hub. like about 2mm thicker. AE brand wheels there for dont work great on tlr 22 with the narrow hex. The tlr wheels have issues on the rb6 because if its shorter axle. But the AKA and AVID b5/22 wheels seem it fit most cars well. and the tlr22 rear fits the b5 just fine.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Selvaggi
surprised no one's mentioned anything about the diff. Just my opinion, it's displaying the characteristics of a diff that's not tight enough. But it's really hard to tell from video, unless you're actually there it's hard to give advice.
That's exactly what I thought. Indoors I always run a tight diff or my car behaves like his. Also if you're on super soft tires and guys are on clay, you are going to struggle. I suggest you walk over and ask the fast guys what they are on, what foams and what traction compound.

Obviously I'm not there but just judging by the video I would be on clay typos or clay dejavu / pinstripes.

Just watched the MM video too. You drive the MM car like a RM and the RM car like a MM. You're total point and shoot with the MM and you try to just let the RM flow around the turns.

Fix your diff, get on the right tires, pick one car and shelf the other for a month. then record that race and show us the difference.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
That's exactly what I thought. Indoors I always run a tight diff or my car behaves like his. Also if you're on super soft tires and guys are on clay, you are going to struggle. I suggest you walk over and ask the fast guys what they are on, what foams and what traction compound.

Obviously I'm not there but just judging by the video I would be on clay typos or clay dejavu / pinstripes.

Just watched the MM video too. You drive the MM car like a RM and the RM car like a MM. You're total point and shoot with the MM and you try to just let the RM flow around the turns.

Fix your diff, get on the right tires, pick one car and shelf the other for a month. then record that race and show us the difference.
I'm not bein rude at all wildcat but I +1 this comment.when driving a MM car I feel like slowing down the steering input from your hand to the transmitter and creating an arch type shape around the corners will speed you up at least a second per lap without any additional throttle input. It put me from the back of mod buggy a main to mid pack it took me a couple weeks to learn it but corner speed improved in every class I run. If you can drive a 2wd buggy fast you can drive anything fast!!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Legend

Going to be interesting tommorow watching how our 17.5 guys react to learning about the lead under the battery trick.

Think they will be stubborn about using until someone does it and go faster.lol
Old 07-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
I'm not bein rude at all wildcat but I +1 this comment.when driving a MM car I feel like slowing down the steering input from your hand to the transmitter and creating an arch type shape around the corners will speed you up at least a second per lap without any additional throttle input. It put me from the back of mod buggy a main to mid pack it took me a couple weeks to learn it but corner speed improved in every class I run. If you can drive a 2wd buggy fast you can drive anything fast!!
yeah I'm not saying it to be rude. I think he knows. I just don't sugar coat stuff. I've seen his other videos. He's a much better driver than those 2 let on.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
yeah I'm not saying it to be rude. I think he knows. I just don't sugar coat stuff. I've seen his other videos. He's a much better driver than those 2 let on.
It is fine. I was already planning to not run the RM for a while. But I think I will keep temptation at bay and just leave it at home. I have a habit of switching to my RM car once the MM car does anything I dont like. I guess the RM has been my goto. I think I will spend the next month or 2 and only drive and work on the MM car. I watched the video for the first time last night. Holy crap the MM car looked bad. Man it looked super hard to drive, lol. I was carving the corners with the RM car because it will traction roll in some of those corners. It may not have looked like it, but traction was plenty good. I talked to a few locals and plan to pick up some different tires this week. It seems that clay typo and pin stripes are good. I have some typos for the rear, just need to get some fronts.

Oh, and on the diff, I think my diff is tight. But tightness is a relative thing. I will have someone that can feel the diff give their opinion.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Built my car yesterday and the front end seems really tight almost everywhere....nothing is overtightened....I used the ae ft alum. Rack.....its not binding just the tolerances are extremely tight.....anyone else notice this?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Feels like most posts are regarding stock motor setups. Most people in my neck of the woods run mod. Love to see more folks posting their mod setups. Also, I find in mod running saddles is more consistent at my track vs. shorty setups as our track tends to dry out and get a bit dusty as the race night progresses.

Running about 1670 grams atm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.