Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Using b5r rear arms flipped DONT move the arms 1 to 2mm forward. Its .75mm forward to be exact.
Sorry, I wasn't exactly sure, I'll fix my post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's pretty well established that the RM arm mod is 2mm forward.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-2mm.jpg  
Old 05-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by davidbarton87
Guys over in the rear motor thread have been talking about raising the front hubs, figured I would share over here as well. Used a technique that Luke Smith used on his Centro to raise the hub 1mm. If you were looking for a basically free way to try out the raised hub here is the way to do it. If you dont like it then move the 1mm spacer to the top and you have the original hub position.

I'm not seeing the modification done. Are they grinding on the steering arm, changing/grinding out shoulder bushings or ??? I was under the impression that new shoulder bushings with various thicknesses on the shoulders would be coming out so you could adjust this.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

offset bushings.. where the hell was the 8th AE spamletter this week about these being released??

http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/91403/
Old 05-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
offset bushings.. where the hell was the 8th AE spamletter this week about these being released??

http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/91403/
Cause they were in stock for the last 1 1/2 months
Old 05-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Does anyone else have other cooling mods they've done?

One's i'm currently aware of are the motor band mounted fan, waterfall mod/mount.

Anyone doing scoops or vent holes on the body? gator teething or shimming the gear cover?

My motors currently are running okay. I've been thinking about helping that out a bit in the future but I'm currently mired with a heck of a time keeping my tekin rs cool. It has the latest software (i believe) and I'm in blinky mode with some wimpy mod motors (10.5/13.5). We use a lot of heavy brakes on the currently layout and I'm sure some of that is the problem for the regular RS. Unfortunately with the 10.5 (same elec setup as my previous B4 and never had an issue like this) i've been between 23/81 and 27/81 with very little speedo change (170F!) so I've dropped to a 13.5 thinking maybe something is wrong with the motor and it has not gone down much. Can't drop the gear on it much more either as the 17.5s nearly walk me down the front straight now! Transmission seems okay but I guess I need to take it apart and verify.

So let's see some of your ideas!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,
Is anyone having issues when building their shocks that the top o-ring that sits under the top cap is bulging when you tighten down the shock cap? I've managed to get 2 together by poking the damn thing back in at the same time as tightening the cap down but there must be a better way? It makes building consistent hardness shocks difficult also Any tips appreciated.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I was told by Nick at Associated by shimming it up (thick brass on bottom) you will get more on-power steering, thick on top more off-power steering
i may have to try that then. that is my only problem with the buggy right now, not enough on power steering.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pullstarter
Hey Guys,
Is anyone having issues when building their shocks that the top o-ring that sits under the top cap is bulging when you tighten down the shock cap? I've managed to get 2 together by poking the damn thing back in at the same time as tightening the cap down but there must be a better way? It makes building consistent hardness shocks difficult also Any tips appreciated.
I just built mine this week and didn't have any issues.

Maybe mixed them up with the ones that go in the shock collars or got something on them that would cause them to swell?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hacksback
I just built mine this week and didn't have any issues.

Maybe mixed them up with the ones that go in the shock collars or got something on them that would cause them to swell?
Good point I'll try swapping them over, definitely no contamination on the o-rings themselves though, cheers.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Does anyone else have other cooling mods they've done?

One's i'm currently aware of are the motor band mounted fan, waterfall mod/mount.

Anyone doing scoops or vent holes on the body? gator teething or shimming the gear cover?

My motors currently are running okay. I've been thinking about helping that out a bit in the future but I'm currently mired with a heck of a time keeping my tekin rs cool. It has the latest software (i believe) and I'm in blinky mode with some wimpy mod motors (10.5/13.5). We use a lot of heavy brakes on the currently layout and I'm sure some of that is the problem for the regular RS. Unfortunately with the 10.5 (same elec setup as my previous B4 and never had an issue like this) i've been between 23/81 and 27/81 with very little speedo change (170F!) so I've dropped to a 13.5 thinking maybe something is wrong with the motor and it has not gone down much. Can't drop the gear on it much more either as the 17.5s nearly walk me down the front straight now! Transmission seems okay but I guess I need to take it apart and verify.

So let's see some of your ideas!
run without a body....:-) I would run a lower turn motor that will run cooler. MM cars always run warmer. I gained 30 deg trying to run MM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

iam up to the diff now in the bilud
Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I drove a car with long front and rear links this weekend and it turned on a dime while on power. It also had the +2 trailing insert in also. But the suspension really leaned in the corners making the car turn hard. I run short links and I am undecided which I like better. I plani to do more testing indoors on medium bite since i have 2 b5. Run them both back to back with the same tires. One with shorter links and one with longer and +2 inserts. The car was also using the 30 deg kick
Longer links should be less chassis roll. Maybe he had a softer shock set up then you are used to.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Sorry guys, stupid question time, which one of the spring cups is the 5mm offset?
Old 05-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am running 25 degree kick stock front camber links and 2 inserts and I need more steering so if i shorten my front camber links it will react faster will it do anything negative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.