Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Yea Raza, would like to see where you are at and maybe head you back in the right direction. My car is about on rails right now. Just gonna try a few more things before the sway bars come out.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sheeldzy
What effect will going from 5 degrees to 0 degrees of caster have on the car?I'm looking for more mid-to-exit steering..
Less caster means more turn in.
More caster means more exit steering.
Now if you adjust it solely through kick up you will be affecting weight transfer noticibly and also a little bit of jumping.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

will increasing kickup add or subtract exit steering? thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Inline battery up against the servo with the reciever behind it next to the motor? Just wondering going to try that next but looking for some input before I cut up the plastic.

Thanks Chris
Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sheeldzy
will increasing kickup add or subtract exit steering? thanks
I answered this already. Kick up affects caster unless you adjust the front hubs independently of the kick up.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Man, I'm really not liking my B5M that much right now. Something in the rear end is really wonky on all the setups I've tried and those I've come up with on my own. I'm really of the opinion that the team setups are kinda just on the edge of working right and my experience has been that if you change them much, the whole car just comes unglued. This is a rather different experience than when I had my RB6 MM which was kinda polar opposite in the fact that you could really hork the setup and it was hard to get the thing to drive horribly. The B5M just seems like all ducks have to be in a row for the thing to not be just an absolute hand full on the track. Try and change the setup even in small amounts and rear gets affected like you just threw a dart at the wall or rolled the dice.

Now, I don't want to speak bad of the platform, I'm sure I can figure it out, but I guess I'm just registering my opinion now that the team setups are just kinda far out there and going the wrong direction in my opinion. I could be wrong, I'm ready to admit that is a definite possibility, but I feel the rear end of the car is really struggling from a design perspective with the correct balance between high speed and low speed chassis roll. To me, it feels like the rear end's progression is wrong, like the thing has too much chassis roll initially, but wants it deeper in the corner. The fact that any time I put green springs on, the thing feels like instant poop instead of just a little off leads me to believe it's just sitting on the edge of the rear end working. It reminds me of when we went to the big bores on the b4 platform and the rear was just so different and broken initially until we figured it out.

I'm going to spend some serious time with geometry, rear roll center, perhaps sway bars, and shock angles. Something's funny with the platform in general IMHO.

Take it or leave it.

Wayne

I was having pretty much the same issues you explained here, it seems like most setups around the Web are just at the edge of being out of control when pushing them hard. I had to create my own setup to fit my driving style. My car has a ton of rear traction and it's extremely predictable all the time. It still had a bunch of steering g as well. I'm not saying this will solve your problems but I know this setup has worked extremely well for me and my driving style and track conditions. It's even pretty different from what other people are using at my track. I've ran this setup in both mod and stock with great success. Only difference in mod is I ran all the stock drive train components (no lightweight stuff)

Last edited by mjbtaco; 12-16-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mason
I answered this already. Kick up affects caster unless you adjust the front hubs independently of the kick up.
Sorry if I don't understand the adjustments fully.If I change the inserts in the front hubs from 5 to 0 and leave the kickup at manual setting,what should I expect for a change?thanks for the help
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigcracing
Inline battery up against the servo with the reciever behind it next to the motor? Just wondering going to try that next but looking for some input before I cut up the plastic.

Thanks Chris

Best bet is just to try it to see if it works for you, or your set up. I cut mine apart and drilled through the bottom of the chassis, then counter sunk the holes. You can run screws into the bottom of the webbing.....into the same bosses where the battery hold down posts go, this helps make the webbing more ridged.

In any case after you do this it is still possible to re position all the electronics so you can run the battery back cross ways it you don't like it. Even with the webbing cut out.

I just switched mine back to the cross position to try it with my current set up just to see how it works.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjbtaco
I was having pretty much the same issues you explained here, it seems like most setups around the Web are just at the edge of being out of control when pushing them hard. I had to create my own setup to fit my driving style. My car has a ton of rear traction and it's extremely predictable all the time. It still had a bunch of steering g as well. I'm not saying this will solve your problems but I know this setup has worked extremely well for me and my driving style and track conditions. It's even pretty different from what other people are using at my track. I've ran this setup in both mod and stock with great success. Only difference in mod is I ran all the stock drive train components (no lightweight stuff)
Omg. That set up sheet is very tight 180 from what I'm running and I'm really curious so i just might try it lol. Why did you decide to do 1 degree in board toe and 3 degrees of anti squat?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chonchachencho
Omg. That set up sheet is very tight 180 from what I'm running and I'm really curious so i just might try it lol. Why did you decide to do 1 degree in board toe and 3 degrees of anti squat?
I'm pretty sure 3+1 is the standard setup if I'm not mistaken. I try not to change kick up and inboard toe too much because you can easily get lost in setups when changing those things. If I want to ad more toe I usually do it via the hubs but you can't adjust toe with the aluminum rear hubs. I've had good luck with the stock setup in that regard but everything else is pretty different.

Forgot to mention I use rear motor arms on the car as well.

Last edited by mjbtaco; 12-16-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

3-1 is 3 toe and 1 squat
Old 12-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
3-1 is 3 toe and 1 squat
There ya go lol didn't even notice I had em switched in the sheet lol sorry about that, that's what happens when you make your sheets on your phone lol. here it is fixed in the sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-screenshot_2014-12-15-19-33-38.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Post up the setup you have Mike. Always good to see what other people are doing.
Attached, nothing out of the ordinary. I tested 2 stage rcshox pistons on sunday and liked them, I'll have time this week to do back to back testing though since I changed up the front end geometry as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MikeL_stockB5M_12_2014.pdf (243.6 KB, 783 views)
Old 12-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just got my b5m i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a setup. i run on a indoor med bite damp clay tight track. has anyone tried the box setup? just curious what to do before i start building buggy. thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
i just got my b5m i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a setup. i run on a indoor med bite damp clay tight track. has anyone tried the box setup? just curious what to do before i start building buggy. thanks
Where do you race?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.