Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
Anybody running on hi bite or maybe even medium bite give the gear diff a try for sure! The sc10 gear diff works great. Didn't loose any traction actually gained some if anything and it's tons more consistent and gives more exit steering and takes away more of that push. Car is feeling awesome with the hard parts and gear diff.
That car looked great, and your driving looked super consistent. Might give the gear diff a try when my ball diff goes. Wondering how it will do at Dave's (outdoor dirt). What oil did you use?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Had a really great evening of practice with the car last night. I just love this darn thing, so balanced, so smooth, so predictable, and man can this thing take a beating! I got into a few hairy crashes and came out unscathed. Unfortunately 10 min before the track closed I clipped some chain link fence in mid air through our big triple. The fence grabbed my left front tire and yanked it to a dead stop. You could here a loud crack and everyone on the driver's stand cringed. I knew it wasn't going to walk away front that one. Carnage report, bulkhead snapped and pulled through the top plate and kick up plate with a bent front left turn buckle.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So, tested my B5M yesterday for a lot of packs. Here's my report:
The motor gets hot in this car. Dunno why but much hotter than in a RM B5 or a RM 22 or a MM 22. Same motor, same final drive. Not damaging hot but much more than normal.

Oh, and if try to run the hard rear shock tower and camber link, you might break the camber plate in less than one lap without crashing like I did. wtf?

Anyway, I started with the kit setup. We have a medium-high clay track here and what I ended up with was:
3mm inside rear camber ball stud height. This added a significant amount of side bite
Gray springs all around. Kept me from traction rolling and made the car more consistent. white - white was good but just a little rolly polly.
35wt front and 27.5 wt rear. More viscosity out back lost traction and didn't help anywhere else useful.
OH, and the big thing for me was to lean the upper rear shock mount in. This made all the difference in the world - moving the upper location to the "inner" hole.

Anyway, really enjoyed driving it for multiple packs yesterday. Sorta wish I could go back today....
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
So, tested my B5M yesterday for a lot of packs. Here's my report:
The motor gets hot in this car. Dunno why but much hotter than in a RM B5 or a RM 22 or a MM 22. Same motor, same final drive. Not damaging hot but much more than normal.

Oh, and if try to run the hard rear shock tower and camber link, you might break the camber plate in less than one lap without crashing like I did. wtf?

Anyway, I started with the kit setup. We have a medium-high clay track here and what I ended up with was:
3mm inside rear camber ball stud height. This added a significant amount of side bite
Gray springs all around. Kept me from traction rolling and made the car more consistent. white - white was good but just a little rolly polly.
35wt front and 27.5 wt rear. More viscosity out back lost traction and didn't help anywhere else useful.
OH, and the big thing for me was to lean the upper rear shock mount in. This made all the difference in the world - moving the upper location to the "inner" hole.

Anyway, really enjoyed driving it for multiple packs yesterday. Sorta wish I could go back today....
Sweet. Why do you have chainlink fence there anyway?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone using the battery spacer for the bottom of the tray? looks nice to keep the battery padded, but would be a hassel to access the servo wire if needed. I was thinking about puttng it in and just not sticking it down so it can be pulled in and out.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Drove it with the inline shorty.

Very good, weight balance is improved & more steering.

I really believe this will be the hot ticket mod

You grind off may be 7 gr of plastic & loose more weight from the shorter motor wires.
Pics or it never happened.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by suby723
Pics or it never happened.
Its WC. It probably didnt.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cweb
Anyone using the battery spacer for the bottom of the tray? looks nice to keep the battery padded, but would be a hassel to access the servo wire if needed. I was thinking about puttng it in and just not sticking it down so it can be pulled in and out.
mines in but i never stuck it down,i just lay it in so i can remove it when i need to
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by 34x17
That car looked great, and your driving looked super consistent. Might give the gear diff a try when my ball diff goes. Wondering how it will do at Dave's (outdoor dirt). What oil did you use?
Car felt great. I was kinda all over the place cause I was under so much pressure. I heard from people it won't work at Dave's but who knows. I'm sure will be a must have when we go carpet. I'm running 3000wt oil. I didn't realize how gritty my diff was till I actually pulled it out and it felt horrible.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Why do you have chainlink fence there anyway?
It's ran all along the back of the track as a barrier between the track and the pit tables...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxracer458
mines in but i never stuck it down,i just lay it in so i can remove it when i need to
Thanks mxracer. Yeah that seems to be the logical thing to do, just wanted to get some racers opinions on it since the trucks don't run with one.

And while i'm at it, what's up with the front foams for 2wd buggy? glued up my first set this weekend and I had to cut the sides down some to get it to fit properly without bunching in the tire.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cweb
Thanks mxracer. Yeah that seems to be the logical thing to do, just wanted to get some racers opinions on it since the trucks don't run with one.

And while i'm at it, what's up with the front foams for 2wd buggy? glued up my first set this weekend and I had to cut the sides down some to get it to fit properly without bunching in the tire.
for the front foams,most people use rear open cell foams cut to 3/4 of the size.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Had a really great evening of practice with the car last night. I just love this darn thing, so balanced, so smooth, so predictable, and man can this thing take a beating! I got into a few hairy crashes and came out unscathed. Unfortunately 10 min before the track closed I clipped some chain link fence in mid air through our big triple. The fence grabbed my left front tire and yanked it to a dead stop. You could here a loud crack and everyone on the driver's stand cringed. I knew it wasn't going to walk away front that one. Carnage report, bulkhead snapped and pulled through the top plate and kick up plate with a bent front left turn buckle.

The nice thing about the B5M is that you can replace those three parts fairly cheap. If that was the B5 RM or or the B4.X you'd be replacing a chassis in addition of the other two parts in addition to having to un-mount and re-mount your electronics.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxracer458
for the front foams,most people use rear open cell foams cut to 3/4 of the size.
Yeah, I compared the front foams to the rears and they were the same. This is my first buggy so I thought it was a little strange how they came like that.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Legend

You guys have something to understand , my cat dump my digital off the desk, its broken....

So I can't give you a image of the mod easy like

I'm gona try to get someone else to go though the trouble for all of you.

Its important, already know from the first test run most of you will like to do.

GTI grey way to stiff for your rear, you need green and switch back to middle hole.
If you feel like it try white rear. I Doublt you will even like compared to green.

Your gona find the B5 has mass grip & like us will be working for more steering & less stall in the corners..

And

middle holes on b5 towers are like the inside holes on b4 .

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-11-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.