Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Ok Guys let keep this positive please thank you.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gticlay
You'd be surprised what you can do by selling your old car, buying used electronics, batteries, and motors. I am proudly sponsored by Lunsford racing and Pro-Line. But yeah, it's a really nice car so thanks for the compliment!
My request was not a compliment nor any sort of derision. I was merely curious about the amount of money some of you racers are spending to improve performance.

I'm thinking about getting some front axles and top shaft myself.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

also my old cars go on the shelf because I wouldn't unleash that amount of abuse on some one else lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
also my old cars go on the shelf because I wouldn't unleash that amount of abuse on some one else lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
My request was not a compliment nor any sort of derision. I was merely curious about the amount of money some of you racers are spending to improve performance.

I'm thinking about getting some front axles and top shaft myself.
too much. I try to keep it minimal for stock racing and barely anything additional for mod.

The things I like are:
- lunsfords ~30 (mod and stock)
- Avid Slipper ~30 (mod and stock)
- Alum top shaft ~15 (mod and stock)
- alum rear camber block ~18 (mod and stock)
- alum rear bone (tlr22) ~18 (stock only)
- Avid revolution bearings ~25 (mod and stock)

so about $136. Now that I am pricing it out......maybe I should buy less stuff....For mod the stock top shaft is probably fine, but for stock I found it was not terrible free and cause extra heat. And for mod I could just use the vts I guess. so in the 50-136 dollar range for me. I dont go stupid on upgrades. I got over that finally in the past 2 years. For a very very long time I was an upgrade crazed fool. But i finally got it...most of these upgrades are useless for mod . stock....well its a money sink, but I refuse to go all in (pucks, cut gears, replace batterys and motors every 4 weeks)... unless I get really good and goto nats and have a shot at doing well.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i think you guys worry about stuff you shouldn't be worrying about,i don't care how much you spend on your car,if you can't stay on 4 wheels its all useless
Old 05-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
too much. I try to keep it minimal for stock racing and barely anything additional for mod.

The things I like are:
- lunsfords ~30 (mod and stock)
- Avid Slipper ~30 (mod and stock)
- Alum top shaft ~15 (mod and stock)
- alum rear camber block ~18 (mod and stock)
- alum rear bone (tlr22) ~18 (stock only)
- Avid revolution bearings ~25 (mod and stock)

so about $136. Now that I am pricing it out......maybe I should buy less stuff....For mod the stock top shaft is probably fine, but for stock I found it was not terrible free and cause extra heat. And for mod I could just use the vts I guess. so in the 50-136 dollar range for me. I dont go stupid on upgrades. I got over that finally in the past 2 years. For a very very long time I was an upgrade crazed fool. But i finally got it...most of these upgrades are useless for mod . stock....well its a money sink, but I refuse to go all in (pucks, cut gears, replace batterys and motors every 4 weeks)... unless I get really good and goto nats and have a shot at doing well.
does the aluminum top shaft help for mod? Which upgrades are more essential for mod? I already have everything for my stock one, pucks, cut gears, top shaft, clamping fronts, lunsford shock mounts
Old 05-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mxracer458
i think you guys worry about stuff you shouldn't be worrying about,i don't care how much you spend on your car,if you can't stay on 4 wheels its all useless
and this is why I dont do mega upgrades anymore Just durability and a little to reduce motor temps in 17.5. Then its TIRES TIRES TIRES. Not practice because I only have time for 2-3 packs of practice a week
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
does the aluminum top shaft help for mod? Which upgrades are more essential for mod? I already have everything for my stock one, pucks, cut gears, top shaft, clamping fronts, lunsford shock mounts
The machined topshaft just seems to be smoother. Meaning, when I spin the spur with my fingers I get more revolutions and it much more free. I assume this is because its machined and not because its alum. Durability wise, the alum top shaft seems to hold up fine in mod. Also, my tranny seems quieter and I just dislike loud trannies. I would not say its required for mod. The "smoothness" does seem to help with temps in stock, which is very nice. Essential upgrades for mod? Well, the alum rear camber block for durability and IMO the titanium turnbuckles. Although I see sponsored guys and some fast guys running the steel. But the steel bend pretty easy. IMO nothing else is "required", I dislike DNFs so I upgrade anything that is "weak". For the MM car the rear camber block is the only "weak" part and it is not overly weak. I see lots of guys using the kit plastic one without issues. As for bearings, you can also replace as needed. the beefy rear bearing are unlikely to explode like the ones on the b4 and the front will get gritty, but probably wont cause a DNF. But I like to have spare front wheel bearing so I normally pickup a 10 pack of front wheel bearing from AVID. Kyosho and TLR use the same front bearing, so if you ever switch brands, they are usable on other cars.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DWill
Say goodbye to your lexan body.
Yea... don't think I will need to use anything on it. It's seems to be peeling off pretty well on it's own!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So being that this is my first experience with a brushless system, I have a couple of questions about the ESC:

1) I hooked everything up last night so I could start the diff break-in process and noticed that the ESC fan spun quietly for the first minute or so, but after that the RPMs really climbed and you could really hear a whirring noise coming from it. This was with the electronics just turned on... no applying the throttle or wheel. Is this normal?

2) Do I even need the ESC fan if I plan to run stock?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DropPass
So being that this is my first experience with a brushless system, I have a couple of questions about the ESC:

1) I hooked everything up last night so I could start the diff break-in process and noticed that the ESC fan spun quietly for the first minute or so, but after that the RPMs really climbed and you could really hear a whirring noise coming from it. This was with the electronics just turned on... no applying the throttle or wheel. Is this normal?

2) Do I even need the ESC fan if I plan to run stock?
1) In my experience as the fan runs it is normal for it to gain some speed...its just getting warmed up.

2) Most likely no. But keep an eye on temps to be careful.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
Yup
Old 05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

finally got my servo in and the wiring is complete.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What gauge ESC wire are most running in mod with 7.5 - 8.5 motors? Are you going with the heavier 12AWG or dropping down to the smaller 14AWG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.