Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leskai
I thought the b5m build went together rather nicely. Only a few things concerned me. One were the dog bones. It seemed that the molding for the pin wasn't centered in the manufacturing process so if I insert it into the outdrive one way it binds like hell but if i flop it 180 degrees it fits but with a slight wobble (even tried other outdrive still did the same and it was only one dog bone not both). My second issue I had were the stock turnbuckles. IMO they are junk. The lengths on them are wayyyyy to long. You end up having to bury the threads so far into the tie-rod end that you can't even make adjustments to camber or toe with out the damn things popping off. Since they are so tightly buried into the tie-rod end it also acts like a clamp on the ball stud. So that once free moving ball cup, becomes tight with binding once everything is adjusted to where it should be.

With that said everything else in the build went together flawlessly. I contacted AE about replacement dogbones since it has been an issue with other customers and they said they will replace for free! Awesome! As for the turnbuckles I don't know what I am going to do. Probably find me some shorter length ones or perhaps contact AE again to let them know whats going on.
Yeah, if you get Lunsford Ti turnbuckles you won't have that problem. See the pic of mine a page or 2 back and you'll see what I mean.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=bilster44;13239118]But Cherry you are stating something that is just not true...and that in itself will mislead people. I'm done with this.[/QUOTE

forgive me for trying

What I posted was true ...

Or ?
Some of the ball cups must have defects..

Standing by my word..

The ball cups are not defective and the proof they are good is ...

A shorter rod will never bind the cups & will be smooth ....
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
The key here will be to fine tune your front droop and rear anti-squat to keep weight on the front tires when on-throttle.

Subtract a little front droop... add a little anti-squat... that should add some mid-to-exit steering.
Yeah, exactly. I'm actually quite happy with my car how it is now "but if I was gonna complain" is where I'm at. My fix was going to a tire in front in the new softer MC compound and it added a significant amount of steering. I think I'm maxed out on limiting droop up front with 3 as it already can chassis slap the front on certain jumps like at my track or the big one at TRCR in front of the drivers stand right now.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Legend

Of course, my shop doesn't have greys [/QUOTE]

Trcr has lots of um. ha !

Don't waste the time with searching for another brand.

Instead suggest to start with green rear & white front & wait for some greys to try later.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

First ever Associated build and the quality seems pretty decent. Although the diff thrust bolt included in the kit didn't have any threads on the end of it, run to the hobby shop and that was taken care of. Definitely waiting for the lunsford turnbuckles to get back in stock at Amain, used chapstick on the stockers and adjustments still aren't very easy with the cups popping off.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay
Yeah, exactly. I'm actually quite happy with my car how it is now "but if I was gonna complain" is where I'm at. My fix was going to a tire in front in the new softer MC compound and it added a significant amount of steering. I think I'm maxed out on limiting droop up front with 3 as it already can chassis slap the front on certain jumps like at my track or the big one at TRCR in front of the drivers stand right now.
cure is more weight on front , not limiters or Mc compounds
your ride should land as if on a cloud

As traction comes up ?

Heavier oil, looser slipper, lower ride height.

wheelies coming to straight & darty handling are signals to change car to above.

Next ? free up the car by using newer tires or geometry changes like rear camber
Old 05-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

So proud of the B5M build I recently finished
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
I am not a huge fan of weight, but I added 1/2 oz under the rack and it was better for me. I am running 1 limiter front and rear with 1.6 pistons. I like it, but I may goto 1 limiters on the front once if I feel like I need more steering. But it suits my driving style. Also I am running middle down on the hub camber link nd zero washers inside on the camber. I felt like that freed the car up a little. Anyway, I like it.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabulous
To cut the weight down; Titanium screw kit, AE aluminum top shaft, Schelle slipper eliminator. remove battery strap, thumb screws & foam, cut out all braces behind servo, between battery post, and triangle sections next to tranny mount. AKA Typo tires. Oh yea and the dog bones were polished chrome to make it go faster.
Wow, never thought of polishing my dog bones, no wonder why you were so fast this past weekend! Congrats again on a job well done.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The New Buggy

This is my new ride finished painting the other day can't wait to hit the track!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Can some one please answer this ...flex or no flex? Is it good or bad ?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Prophet

it depends.....
Old 05-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm running indoor on clay .
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mw253
I'm running indoor on clay .
less flex make the car more consistent and can be good. it just depends. not really a magic bullet
Old 05-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Legend

@ the track, switching to twin slipper after running the triple for the start.

Also removed 1mm bump steer.

Lets guys know how it goes later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.