Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

you should just build the car.. it only takes 10-15 minutes to change out the front end parts when you get them.. then you can compare the 2 front ends.

personally I like the gull wing better as its a little quicker reacting. but again its not the arms its the tower that makes the difference, but you have to use the gull tower with the gull arms and same with rmb5 tower and arms.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

How can you achieve more side bite? Less rear droop? Move hubs back? Longer camber link? More anti-squat? More rear roll? I'm running on a high bite indoor clay track and have the same tires as everyone else so that's not a problem. Can't figure out why my car slides around so much.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
How can you achieve more side bite? Less rear droop? Move hubs back? Longer camber link? More anti-squat? More rear roll? I'm running on a high bite indoor clay track and have the same tires as everyone else so that's not a problem. Can't figure out why my car slides around so much.
What is your complete setup?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

If you don't mind- shoot me your email and I'll send it to you.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like the gull wings myself, but a lot of good things said about the flat arms.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Where are you in terms of setup now and how would you say it's handling?

I was there a few weeks ago and the comments I'd make would be don't grab a high traction setup and think it will work, I'd call SDRC more of a medium bite traction surface. When I got there I too was pushing like a dump truck. I spoke with Tyler Hicks who was very helpful (so it suggest talking to him) and I made some changes that seemed to help a bit. At the end of the night I was still pushing a little but I think had I had open cell inserts in the front I would have been pretty happy with it (my open cell indoor fronts were shot so I ran on a set with closed cell).

I can post my setup a bit later, don't have it in front of me at the moment.

I have been chasing too many changes over the last few weeks so tonight I returned the car back to stock minus one change. I put the car at 3mm trailing axle.

I might just have to go and start asking the fast stock buggy guys at SDRC for setups.

I can run mid 25 sec laps on a good day but some of the fast guys are putting down 22's in their sleep. Even in practice I just can't hold the tight line they do.

Some of those guys have their cars dialed in so well, it's impressive to watch.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So the B5M and B5 come with different springs in the kit? My B5 came green fronts, white rears. I just got 2 B5Ms in the mail and both have green rears, white fronts.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
A while probably. No date was given by AE. My guess is later this year or next year "if" they release one. People waiting for the FT to buy the kit crack me up. Aside from Ti turnbuckles the current kit is fine. I dislike the AE TI turnbuckles, so I would most likely replace them with lunsfords on the FT kit when it comes out. Unless your racing stock, the kit is fine as is. For stock, your spending has just started and even the FT wont have what you need. In fact, the FT kit will be even heavier because of the alum parts. IMO the alum parts are for durability, but the car does not really seem to be weak anywhere accept maybe the rear inner ballstud mount. That might be the only "required" bling.
Thanks for your feedback
racer
Old 04-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
So the B5M and B5 come with different springs in the kit? My B5 came green fronts, white rears. I just got 2 B5Ms in the mail and both have green rears, white fronts.
They should be different, yes.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's everyone using for a battery pack outdoors? Shorty or square/saddle pack?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
What's everyone using for a battery pack outdoors? Shorty or square/saddle pack?
Square/saddle feels best outdoor. Shorty is too light esp for mod
Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcgman
I have been chasing too many changes over the last few weeks so tonight I returned the car back to stock minus one change. I put the car at 3mm trailing axle.

I might just have to go and start asking the fast stock buggy guys at SDRC for setups.

I can run mid 25 sec laps on a good day but some of the fast guys are putting down 22's in their sleep. Even in practice I just can't hold the tight line they do.

Some of those guys have their cars dialed in so well, it's impressive to watch.
Well I was nowhere near the fast guys but I was doing 23-24 sec laps...the night I was there I think the fast guys were around 21 sec or maybe even 20 for fastest laps. One thing I noticed (don't know if the layout has been changed since I was there) was that the fast guys in stock could triple, single the 4 jumps under the drivers stand and the couple times I tried it I would come up short. I was told the fastest guys were running all the trick lightening stuff in their cars (cut gears, Pucks, AL shafts, Ti screws, hot motors). I was running my B5 nearly box stock...just Ti turnbuckles and AVID Triad slipper.

Here was where I got my setup by the main...wish I had open cell foams in the front but I was talked out of using that set of tires because of their wear/age.

I was getting better all night and finished 3rd in the B main after getting hacked early in the race while in 2nd and going to the back of the group. If I had more time I think I would have bumped as I was catching 2nd...1st had checked out on the whole group. With that setup I had a slight push and never felt like I was going to loose the rear end. I really think that if I had the proper foams up front the car would have been about perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-04291401.jpg  

Last edited by Grasschopper; 04-29-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rickster
you should just build the car.. it only takes 10-15 minutes to change out the front end parts when you get them.. then you can compare the 2 front ends.

personally I like the gull wing better as its a little quicker reacting. but again its not the arms its the tower that makes the difference, but you have to use the gull tower with the gull arms and same with rmb5 tower and arms.
Liked the car with the flat arms ,driven it with both...
Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

So...My cups are just not loosening up. I had kinda hoped they would break in a bit. I tried the squeezing method, but it was a very small improvement. I am thinking about moving to 4.8x3mm studs and cups for most part. Aside from the goofy steering link. Has anyone found a sure fire way to free up these stock cups? Otherwise I think I might try the tlr cups and studs.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Seems a bit harsh mate. Try being nicer next time. Life is so short.
That question has been asked and answered MORE THAN ONCE, in this thread! If he cant be bothered to search for it, I cant be bothered to answer it.

Life is to short to suffer laziness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.