Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

When will a FT version be available.....sorry if its recently been asked.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
When will a FT version be available.....sorry if its recently been asked.
I say not anytime this year....the original has plenty of preorders still.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
What does more or less trailing axle do for the car?
Check out the back of the manual
Old 04-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Asked Brent and he said they have a couple tracks in Cali with the same or more grip like Trcr.
Awesome grip & stays consistent though out the day.

Kudos to JConcepts for hosting a great event for us here in the N/w..

Tires
The dirt webs wear a little longer , front tire is smoother and has same steering.
Rear offers more around grip with out slowing rotation down.

The bar codes were great also after the grip came up later in the day.

Don't forget Aka and their new tires, they were doing great also.
I believe AKA tires took stock buggy and stock short course wins.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
So the gold barcode in back finally has a replacement... any idea how many runs they were getting out of the dirtwebs?
Just like the Barcodes I was getting a crap load of run time out of them on my track after I got the pins wore down to the angle they get to at my track after a few runs. They are still basically a fresh 90% tread tire with tons of life after a weekend of hard racing. (look at the IRCR April Fools setup Steven Hartson was running at our track ~petitrc~)
His buggy and wheeler were dialed! He was literally hooked up after a minimal amount of time at our track using Dirt Webs.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
I believe AKA tires took stock buggy and stock short course wins.
Of note: stock buggy winner was a Rear Motor B5.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rigor
Thanks. I see another few people have also now confirmed this is good to go. This is the one I had my eye set on, but just wanted confirmation before pursuing.
I have the ryobi cordless screwdriver. The only downfall is it does not have a setting as low on the slipper setting that goes low enough for me.

I ended up picking up the dewalt Gyroscptic cordless screwdriver. On the lowest setting it usually won't even screw the bolt in all the way on my Rc cars. So u don't have to worry about stripping out the plastic or aluminum threads. At the same time it has more power overall tho. Best of both worlds.

The gyro feature is odd and takes a bit to get used to. U don't have a forward or reverse. Or even a speed setting. U pull the trigger and turn the gun the way u want to go. The farther u turn the faster it goes. Simply turn it the opposite direction to reverse and again the farther u turn the faster it goes. It's just like using a hand tool the way u normally would. It does still have 15 slipper settings.

The other model I would concider is the Hitachi cordless screwdriver. It's just as adjustable with standard controls.

Both are more than the ryobi. But worth it to me. I have 5 cars. Saves a lot of time. I keep it on a low setting and tighten the last bit by hand to prevent stripping anything.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Of note: stock buggy winner was a Rear Motor B5.
Rudy doesn't own a mid motor....still on back order
Old 04-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Legend

Lol

All I get is " you don't have your B5 yet " ?

A cruel joke ....
Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
thanks for the confirmation So that means the maifield warehouse setup would be like using the the plastic ball stud mount with no spacers.
Which is a dialed setting, always been my preference. That and I like the inside rear shock tower mounting hole as well.

I drove my B5m today with the B5 rear arms, shimmed forward. Rear is totally planted. Had a great day at the track

Last edited by rigor; 04-14-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justinb86
I have the ryobi cordless screwdriver. The only downfall is it does not have a setting as low on the slipper setting that goes low enough for me.

I ended up picking up the dewalt Gyroscptic cordless screwdriver. On the lowest setting it usually won't even screw the bolt in all the way on my Rc cars. So u don't have to worry about stripping out the plastic or aluminum threads. At the same time it has more power overall tho. Best of both worlds.

The gyro feature is odd and takes a bit to get used to. U don't have a forward or reverse. Or even a speed setting. U pull the trigger and turn the gun the way u want to go. The farther u turn the faster it goes. Simply turn it the opposite direction to reverse and again the farther u turn the faster it goes. It's just like using a hand tool the way u normally would. It does still have 15 slipper settings.

The other model I would concider is the Hitachi cordless screwdriver. It's just as adjustable with standard controls.

Both are more than the ryobi. But worth it to me. I have 5 cars. Saves a lot of time. I keep it on a low setting and tighten the last bit by hand to prevent stripping anything.
Thanks for the detailed insight on this. I'll look into the others before doing anything.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Rudy doesn't own a mid motor....still on back order
I could have sold him one of my 3
Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Wow cool that's a pic of my car! Seems to be working pretty good. Here's A pic of the outside!

3M or Scotch Outdoor Mounting Tape. It's a red & gray roll. Stuff is fantastic. Super strong, rolls off completely clean by finger. Only like $8 for a huge roll that'll last you years.

I'm going to be changing my electronics configuration today as well, but I need to do be able to swap out between 2 lipos while at the track. So I'll be doing the following like the attached pic.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

rigor.. I run the alloy rear mount with the -2 deg. side and no spacers.. for outdoors it really smooth's out the rear and plenty of traction when you have the rear arms all way forward with spacer.. even on dry dusty tracks.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the detailed insight on this. I'll look into the others before doing anything.
No problem. Spend the money on a good one and u won't regret it. If u turn wrenches a lot ur gonna kick Ur self for not doing it sooner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.