Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
You pretty much just need to get the car close and drive accordingly. Mixed traction sucks and from my experience, even more so in MM.
That is what I did and finished 3rd. I just lost so much time trying to keep it going the right direction while the rear motor guys were just beating their cars like mules, lol So it seems I did all I can do. I did try saddle packs compared to my shorty and the car felt a little better. I'm thinking I may try Hartson's electrics layout first to see how the car reacts.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks. I see another few people have also now confirmed this is good to go. This is the one I had my eye set on, but just wanted confirmation before pursuing.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
That is what I did and finished 3rd. I just lost so much time trying to keep it going the right direction while the rear motor guys were just beating their cars like mules, lol So it seems I did all I can do. I did try saddle packs compared to my shorty and the car felt a little better. I'm thinking I may try Hartson's electrics layout first to see how the car reacts.
Don't be so hard on yourself...

That's 2WD buggy racing in general. Whenever traction is in question, they all get more sketchy to drive, that's just the way the class works. I think a person has to like that round by round challenge. Most every track changes from heat to heat. Here in the Midwest, it can change drastically. A tire that was stunningly good the previous round, can almost be unusable the next. rarely do you have a chance to test in between heats when the program continues through rotation.

I've started paying close attention to the color of the surface. I make a note of it when I do my first run. Usually darker is more moisture and lighter less - sometimes that's all you've got. The rest of the time? Throttle control and wheel it...
Old 04-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slappomatt
really diggen that modified battery tray as I plan to only run shorties and hate all the electronics jammed up front with wires everywhere. How is he doing battery hold down now?
3M or Scotch Outdoor Mounting Tape. It's a red & gray roll. Stuff is fantastic. Super strong, rolls off completely clean by finger. Only like $8 for a huge roll that'll last you years.

I'm going to be changing my electronics configuration today as well, but I need to do be able to swap out between 2 lipos while at the track. So I'll be doing the following like the attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m_batterry_mod.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i like that version with the battery strap.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
3M or Scotch Outdoor Mounting Tape. It's a red & gray roll. Stuff is fantastic. Super strong, rolls off completely clean by finger. Only like $8 for a huge roll that'll last you years.

I'm going to be changing my electronics configuration today as well, but I need to do be able to swap out between 2 lipos while at the track. So I'll be doing the following like the attached pic.

That's how mine is, been working good for a month now.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is the gray "stuff" sitting in the chassis and where do you get it?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Changed up my shock package from Losi 55 pistons all around to machined 1.5 tapers (taper down) and I love it! Handles the whoop section we have very well. Also put on the 30* bulkhead and 5* caster and the steering is very aggressive. I'm still trying to push it around corners like a mid motor. I'm running my Orion speedo at 15% drag break. Think I'll go up to 20% or even 25%.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is exactly how our C4.2's electronics are set up and I think it works great. With 12 grams between the battery and motor goo'd to the chassis the cars are planted in most any indoor clay condition (wet, dry, blue groove, mixed traction) and turn hard with the right tires.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DWill
What is the gray "stuff" sitting in the chassis and where do you get it?
The battery foam ? AE gives you 1 large and 2 thin pieces right in the B5m kit. You can also buy extra if you need to from a number of sources. It's just stiff foam
Old 04-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

When using this 3m tape make sure to clean both surfaces with motor spray. Then use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the tape and surface it will be going on. It will adhere WAY better if its warm. It will hold longer too.

Be careful not to damage anything with the heat gun. Run it on low and use common sense. Have not had any of my electronics fall out since I started taking the extra time and effort to do that.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justinb86
When using this 3m tape make sure to clean both surfaces with motor spray. Then use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the tape and surface it will be going on. It will adhere WAY better if its warm. It will hold longer too.

Be careful not to damage anything with the heat gun. Run it on low and use common sense. Have not had any of my electronics fall out since I started taking the extra time and effort to do that.
I've always cleaned the surfaces with rubbing alcohol or motor spray / brake cleaner... but never used a heat gun. I've never had anything even remotely come loose with that stuff. In fact, it's still quite difficult to get back out. I usually have to use an X-acto knife or real small flathead screwdriver (like for eye glasses size) and get under the mounted equipment to get it loosened up to be able to pry out by hand. I might have to try heating it up to see any difference. Tough stuff no matter what
Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I have used the heat gun to warm the surfaces and tape. Helps for sure in the colder months
Old 04-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Need to purchase a square battery. I know that Reedy and SMC makes them, any others?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...RIREV2027-5!SH

That's $25 less than Stormer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.