Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

splking, are you running the same compound of tires and same tire sauce as them? Something must be amiss if you are pushing with that setup. Which track set up is it? The one for Warehouse 3 may cause you problems unless you're a JConcepts Team driver as you can't get the grey closed cell foams yet. So if using that setup, what inserts are you rolling with?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

You guys started your outdoor season bob? I thought it was still chilly ouy there. Once I sell off some stuff I plan to pickup the mm car. Also once its availible. Moving to an indoor track soon and plan to run both and compare
Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
You guys started your outdoor season bob? I thought it was still chilly ouy there. Once I sell off some stuff I plan to pickup the mm car. Also once its availible. Moving to an indoor track soon and plan to run both and compare
Yea outdoor season has started on the ice coast....err I mean east. LCRC season opener was last weekend...it was a high of 42 deg and flurries were flying. They had down to an E main for eBuggy (they don't race the little buggies) but if you look at the results a lot of people left before the mains. They finished around 9:00p, I can't imagine how cold it was later in the day.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mason
splking, are you running the same compound of tires and same tire sauce as them? Something must be amiss if you are pushing with that setup. Which track set up is it? The one for Warehouse 3 may cause you problems unless you're a JConcepts Team driver as you can't get the grey closed cell foams yet. So if using that setup, what inserts are you rolling with?
Everyone at that track runs aka typo or protex ion's. I have both. Both were having same issue. My car didn't push like this when it was 1578 grams. Just need to figure this out with the car this light. Car is faster and motor runs way cooler
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by splking1
Everyone at that track runs aka typo or protex ion's. I have both. Both were having same issue. My car didn't push like this when it was 1578 grams. Just need to figure this out with the car this light. Car is faster and motor runs way cooler
Well your under the roar 1499 weight try putting some weight up front under the steering link see if that helps. Good thing about being under weight you can add where u want and still be nice and light.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I miss read his previous statement. I thought he was running it outdoors. I was going to ask for his setup
There isn't much support for outdoor racing anymore. Offroad is slowly evolving into onroad with jumps. I mostly run outdoor sand/clay low/med grip. Also run some indoor high grip. I tried for week's to find a lightweight outdoor setup but I was still about a second off the pace. Running weight at 1520g, the heavier Losi's(1620g+) came out of the corners so much harder than I could. I ended up adding weight, going back to the kit setup, and from a 10.5 to an 8.5. I bought some 1/4oz weights from Habor Freight that I pin beneath that battery which allows me to easliy change the weight from 1520g-1640g, toward the front or rear, depending on the track conditions. I finally ran a faster time than my Team C car which I had been driving for the last 3 years but it took a heavier car to do it. When I go back to the indoor track I'll only have to remove some the weights and change the trailing axle from 4 to 2.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b52.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b53.jpg  

Last edited by Franchize04; 04-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Did you jot down your weight %'s before you started reducing weight? You would need to keep the afterwards weight % as close as possible to previous to have a chance at the same handling. Necessary shock changes aside.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah, when I look at the picture of people cars, I rarely see DD's, Holeshot or Tazers. Mostly some onroad looking tires. I will be moving soon and will have access to 2 indoor tracks and no outdoor tracks. Hopefully my RM car will work for me, but I have been wanting to give MM a try indoors. I tried it outdoors and it was too much work for me to drive. I dont like aggressive cars very much. I ran my b5 at 1535 outdoors and it was kinda all over the place, but with saddles it cornered too slow, but handled the bumps great. The track is blowout enough enough that you can "hop" into the air going down the straight. The light front end of the B5 does not help, lol. Hit a bump on power and you can wheelie easy in 17.5 lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Did you jot down your weight %'s before you started reducing weight? You would need to keep the afterwards weight % as close as possible to previous to have a chance at the same handling. Necessary shock changes aside.
I'm trying to find a set up for this weight. Car is faster motor runs cooler. Don't want to get back to 1578 grams. Car is more forgiving just need to get it to stop pushing

Was thinking if going to 3x1.4 pistons all around. But not sure that would help
Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

boy don't say anything on here about a heavier car being faster sometimes... they will call you the devil and say your wrong for sure...

lol...

funny thing is I smoked the stock and mod buggy classes outdoors last weekend with my mid motor b5m.. and my car isn't the lightest either..lol
my times were actually faster then 4wd mod.

with running the square battery my buggy comes in at about 1600 grams.

wildcat.. once you get your midmotor I have an awesome outdoor setup for it.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

scale your car now and get your current corner weights. calculate your front and rear %'s. let us know.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rickster
boy don't say anything on here about a heavier car being faster sometimes... they will call you the devil and say your wrong for sure...

lol...

funny thing is I smoked the stock and mod buggy classes outdoors last weekend with my mid motor b5m.. and my car isn't the lightest either..lol
my times were actually faster then 4wd mod.

with running the square battery my buggy comes in at about 1600 grams.

wildcat.. once you get your midmotor I have an awesome outdoor setup for it.
yeah, I was bumbed when the LHS got in 5 kits and they all sold before I could get off work, lol. And we have not seen any since. I also like the "right" amount of weight in my cars. Going light is fine, but IMO you need to add the right amount of weight in the right place. I have never liked any car at 1500 grams. Normally something around 1540-1550 is where I like it.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

scale your car now and get your current corner weights. calculate your front and rear %'s. let us know.
The car weight 1478. I'm not sure how to calculate what your asking. Any help would be great and I'll get that info. Thanks for the help
Old 04-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Prophet

typically 4 scales are used. one for each wheel. if you just want to check f/r bias, you can probably just use 2 scales. But you will want the scales to be of the same size (height)
Old 04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

yeah, I was bumbed when the LHS got in 5 kits and they all sold before I could get off work, lol. And we have not seen any since. I also like the "right" amount of weight in my cars. Going light is fine, but IMO you need to add the right amount of weight in the right place. I have never liked any car at 1500 grams. Normally something around 1540-1550 is where I like it.
i think its funny how people say weight vs no weight,everyone drives different,everyone likes a different type of car or the way it handles,i hear so many people dropping so much money on crap to lighten up there car to make them faster,you can drop all the money you want on your car to lighten it up but if you can't stay on 4 wheels its all pointless in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.