Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

34x17... your totally right on setups.. but I think its more who is building the car then the setup.. I just helped a kid who when he built the shocks didn't measure any of them and they were all different lengths as when he screwed the shock ends on he didn't do it even, so the fronts were about 1/8th apart and same with the rears.. he also said he couldn't see the piston number easy and I found he had a 1.5 in one shock and a 1.6 in another up front.. one suggestion is to use a perm. marker pen and lightly rub the top to see the number easier.

anyway.. I helped him with his shocks and his car worked much much better for him.

like you said.. both are good cars..
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody for a hooked up set up for indoor clay?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
lol... you guys are funny..

its fun having a cool car and if you feel that taking weight off makes you way faster then I am all for it.

but guys like cherry and bob and wildcat also have points.. a little weight especially when a car is balanced and a good setup can also be fast.. or even faster .. if the weight settles the car down and adds just a little traction going into and thru and out of a corner.. even if its just 1/4 a second per corner.. with an average track having 8-12 corners you may find yourself going 2-3 seconds a lap faster :-)

having a car that's set up to your liking, being able to drive fast without crashing and also learning how to preload to clear jumps like triples coming out of a corner that others find hard to do are all important as well. wont matter what your car weighs if you crash 3-4 times in a race.

point is.. do what you like and have fun doing it.. ;-)
+1000

It doesn't matter what you're "dialed" setup is if you can't keep it on all 4 wheels consistently. Through several cars, I've always found it's best to truly understand all adjustments, and tune the car to what you think it needs, and that you can drive it well (and fast!) for your feel / comfort / style.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Don't let RCTech navigate your RC choices; that's a bad idea. Treat this site as an entity outside of your local track & racing buddies, and you'll be good. The B5m with the right setup for you is a solid car choice man. It took me a few practice days to get mine decent, and now it's more dialed than ever... and a lot of fun!

Last edited by Cpt.America; 04-02-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: edited out deleted post quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Anybody for a hooked up set up for indoor clay?
I'm pretty happy with mine now, and I only drive indoor clay (OCRC & LRH).

Everything is "kit" stock setup if not mentioned here:

Front End:
FLAT front arms & tower
4mm trailing
1mm under the front inner ballstud on tower
32.5 oil / 1.6 piston / AE White spring / middle shock hole on upper tower
24mm ride height
-1 camber

Rear End:
0 or 0.5 hub inserts
0 washers under inner ballstud on "tower" mount
30 oil / 1.6 piston / AE white spring / inside shock hole on upper tower
23.5mm ride height
-1 to -1.5 camber
Standard hub insert position for outer ballstud link

I prefer the car with saddles vs shorty so far. Batteries all the way pushed back.

Good luck
Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Posts cleaned up. Please keep it on topic! The bashing of other forum members has to stop. (cmon guys, it's against the forum rules). Again, if you don't like advice from a particular person, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE (and/or politely correct them)... that is what it's there for. Don't slander them here in the thread. I think were all adult enough to know what's coming next if it doesn't stop.

Lets talk B5m!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
34x17... your totally right on setups.. but I think its more who is building the car then the setup.. I just helped a kid who when he built the shocks didn't measure any of them and they were all different lengths as when he screwed the shock ends on he didn't do it even, so the fronts were about 1/8th apart and same with the rears.. he also said he couldn't see the piston number easy and I found he had a 1.5 in one shock and a 1.6 in another up front.. one suggestion is to use a perm. marker pen and lightly rub the top to see the number easier.

anyway.. I helped him with his shocks and his car worked much much better for him.

like you said.. both are good cars..
Can you explain how to properly measure and adjust the shocks at setup? I saw that in instructions about the measuring but didn't really understand what or where to measure.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
I'm pretty happy with mine now, and I only drive indoor clay (OCRC & LRH).

Everything is "kit" stock setup if not mentioned here:

Front End:
FLAT front arms & tower
4mm trailing
1mm under the front inner ballstud on tower
32.5 oil / 1.6 piston / AE White spring / middle shock hole on upper tower
24mm ride height
-1 camber

Rear End:
0 or 0.5 hub inserts
0 washers under inner ballstud on "tower" mount
30 oil / 1.6 piston / AE white spring / inside shock hole on upper tower
23.5mm ride height
-1 to -1.5 camber
Standard hub insert position for outer ballstud link

I prefer the car with saddles vs shorty so far. Batteries all the way pushed back.

Good luck
+1 on this setup.

I run a shorty however. With the large pad to the rear. I run on a tight indoor track. I also do not run a washer under the front inner ballstud.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know of someone or any place that has the 90-100c 155 gram shortys for sale? Wanted to give it a try in my B5M to see if its really a big difference for lap times since my battery is coming in at 212 grams.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fyrmed2
Can you explain how to properly measure and adjust the shocks at setup? I saw that in instructions about the measuring but didn't really understand what or where to measure.

Thanks
Get a set of digital calipers and measure the "stroke" as defined/pictured on the setup sheet that is provided in the B5 manual and on the associated website. The calipers can be had cheaply and are incredibly helpful for this and other purposes.

Here you can see that Brent Thielke had 21 and 27 mm of stroke on this setup for cactus:

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...us_Thielke.pdf
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks
you want to measure from the shock eyelet to the bottom of the shock body (well the cap). This should match but if your internal spacers vary in size or the shock ends aren't threaded on equally, then you will see some difference in the length which isn't a good thing.

Edit: If you look at the setup sheet there's an image of the shock and lines for Free Length and Stroke of the shock. Personally I just measure the stroke. If the stroke is equal and everything is built properly the free length has be be equal doesn't it?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks
Try this - you measure under the chassis.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...-Gauge-20-30mm
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So I've been just barely holding off on ordering up a set of Lunsford front axles and ti screw kit. I love the bling. Any of you know what the B5 would typically weigh with an R10 Pro ESC, 6040 servo, Orion Saddles? I would think with a saddle I'll still be well over minimum...
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 34x17
Get a set of digital calipers and measure the "stroke" as defined/pictured on the setup sheet that is provided in the B5 manual and on the associated website. The calipers can be had cheaply and are incredibly helpful for this and other purposes.

Here you can see that Brent Thielke had 21 and 27 mm of stroke on this setup for cactus:

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...us_Thielke.pdf
I have calipers how would you adjust the stroke length?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have calipers how would you adjust the stroke length?
Limiters inside the shock primarily and then screwing/unscrewing the shock ends for fine tuning.

Your B5 manual specifies a certain number of limiters in the kit setup but you are free to add or subtract based on what you want to change in the car's handling. In that Thielke setup he used only 1 limiter in each shock, whereas the kit setup I think is 3 front / 2 rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.