Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Leigh
C'mon man i don't know why you all expect perfection from these kits. Some are tight in one place then others. Transmissions. Steering components, arms they are susceptible to some degree of bind. It's called hand fitting and making it smooth. It doesn't just happen. All the kits losi, xRay, Durango come with some degree of hand fitting. It's part of the process.
All the kits I have ever built required it. From 12th scale to all the b kits. To 8th scale. Just like you said it will get looser as you run it. Why does it warrant a complaint. Put a b4.2 together and see how bad it was. This car is butta compared to the b4.2. Jump all over me guys I can take it.
Jake
Some people are just lazy and have no clue what it takes to make a toy car go arounnd a track fast.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Im pretty new to r/c how would i go to 1 mm ackerman to help with steering cause mine pushes a lil as well?
I am going to keep my car the way it is. And see how it is on the new track this upcoming weekend
Old 03-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Im pretty new to r/c how would i go to 1 mm ackerman to help with steering cause mine pushes a lil as well?
In the back of the manual there are settings and recommendations for trailing axles and how to match that to Ackerman settings. Changing trailing axle you should change Ackerman. I had never played with axles so it was news for me also. There are also caster block recommendations too which I have not played with to match my 2mm trailing set up.

Anybody have some insight if I move the spacer from front to back and what that will do overall to steering and any other changes that could happen?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If you use carbide should replace them .
They flat spot if the diff slipped.

Replace with ceramic balls, they will never flat spot and can be used over & over saving you money ...
With ceramic are they harder to adjust? Any changes to expect with performance?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cridd
Did you go to 1mm on steering for standard Akermann?
From what I read, the 2mm washer makes the steering more aggressive and if too aggressive go down to a 1 mm. The car is pushing so I should stay with the 2mm
Old 03-24-2014, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cridd
In the back of the manual there are settings and recommendations for trailing axles and how to match that to Ackerman settings. Changing trailing axle you should change Ackerman. I had never played with axles so it was news for me also. There are also caster block recommendations too which I have not played with to match my 2mm trailing set up.

Anybody have some insight if I move the spacer from front to back and what that will do overall to steering and any other changes that could happen?
If you read the page it says 2nm is for more aggressive steering
Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ceramic vs Carbide ( tungstan )

Putting MIP puck system in my B5rm, Looking to upgrade my diff balls. Ceramic or Tungstan Carbide? I heard Ceramic won't flat spot if you spin diffs and you can reuse them........Looking for opinions
Old 03-24-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default shock spring cup 5mm offset

Hi guys just a little confused with the shock spring cup.
all the spring cups are marked with a number but there is no number 5.
i tried measuring 5mm on all of them but none are that size what gives???
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15
Thanks for the info... It was hard to believe that there was a 111 gram difference between the wolf pack shorty and the square. Surprised amain and tower have it listed at 318
I think what Amain listed is the total shipping weight of the battery.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are 3 different cups that come with the kit. If you lay them flat you will be able to see the different heights of each. You want to use the middle set of the 3 on both the RM and MM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

"That's strange that so many of you have had issues with your Reedy packs - I've had my shorty for 2 years & picked up a lightly used saddle pack for my B5 and have always found Reedy packs to be strong packs, albeit, at the top of the battery pricing scale - so far for me, they've been well worth it."

Same here, I've spent the extra coin on the Reedys cause the cheaper ones crap out on me. Had Reedys for 4 years in all my cars. No issues what so ever.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ryan73
Hi guys just a little confused with the shock spring cup.
all the spring cups are marked with a number but there is no number 5.
i tried measuring 5mm on all of them but none are that size what gives???
Don't care about the real size, juste use the middle sized one on clay tracks, or the smallest one on astro / carpet if you need a small ground clearance.

About the spacers on trailing axles, you can reduce the wheelbase and get more aggressive car in slow turns / slow tracks.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Some people are just lazy and have no clue what it takes to make a toy car go arounnd a track fast.
lol
Old 03-24-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
FACT!!! And then they complain on here about how bad their car is!!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldgearhead
FACT!!! And then they complain on here about how bad their car is!!
who said the car was bad? Ir was simply an observation of the build. I have not driven it yet, so I have not commented on it track ability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.