Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I found something out in my garage:

Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DKSPLIT96
Anyone know if these ball cups will work for the offset cups on the steering spindles?

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ic-Rod-End-Set
Those look like the smaller ones. I doubt it.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
This is my personal experience. Dont hate if you disagree.

1-Year warranty
2- As smoother or smoother than any other brands. The throttle and braking feel can be adjusted via PWN changes
3- All alum chassis, for better cooling
4- Small form factor. Really nice for todays tiny chassis space.
5- "My" versions have pre mounted caps on top of the esc and dont require taping them down to the chassis. again, more free chassis space
6- Hand held LCD programmer about the size of a credit card
7- 8 prebuilt profiles that you can customize to whatever and quickly load track side via a single button
8- Never had an issue with them.
9- Strong customer service presence on these boards.
10- BEC up to 7v and never had a brown out
11-shuts itself of from 1-10 minutes if not input. configurable and can be disabled

Dislikes:
1- the color orange
2- sensored ONLY. if a sensor wire break mid race your done. The HW and Orion series esc's will keep going, but cog.
3- cant run a 4x4 sct with the vtx10. Not really a huge deal, but nice to have a smallish esc to run all of your 10th scale cars. Thar sais, I used a speed passion gt2.0 pro in my scte, but sold my scte and the esc it really tight in the 22 or b5 series cars.
4) if you need a fan...maybe wheeler class ( I didnt), the viper fan system is just silly. But I have never needed a fan, so meh.

My second favorite esc's are the HW v2.1 and 3.1 class of esc's. very smooth and robust, but its size, weight and the firmware swapping are annoying. But given enough chassis space, these are pimp esc's and soooooooo under rated my most people. If you only running stock 17.5, you really cant go wrong with the HW Justock for $49.99 shipped to your door

I havent tried it yet but a friend uses the vtx10r in his durango 4wd SC w a 4-pole motor and says its fine just use a fan,
Old 03-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teambcw
Wish I could find a kit for sale.....
hobbyetc.com

***edit: nevermind sorry they must have sold them all
Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
I havent tried it yet but a friend uses the vtx10r in his durango 4wd SC w a 4-pole motor and says its fine just use a fan,
yeah, they work fine in the durango because its light. Not so great in the scte or tekno. And they are not rated for 4 pole motors. main reason I said vtx8
Old 03-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcgman
For people who switched to 3mm trailing axle, Did you also adjust the Ackermann with 1mm on the steering rack and center the caster block with 1mm shims (front & Rear) as per the instructions?

Was curious how important it is to do all three adjustments for 3mm trailing Axle or leave the rack at 2mm for now?

Have people gone to 0mm on the rack with 3mm trailing axle. Does the B5 like more Ackermann?

What has testing shown for people playing around with the front end.
You should make all the adjustments to prevent the ballcups on the sterring block from rubbing the rims. making the adjustments keeps the geometry the same unless you want more or less akerman. if you move the axle then you must move the casterblock, they go hand in hand.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
I found something out in my garage:

you're making a motor plate out of mdf? (probably cancer causing in california for those health conscious).
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would be interested to try a rear sway bar on this thing, will a b44 sway bar work?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skinny_j
I would be interested to try a rear sway bar on this thing, will a b44 sway bar work?
2nd lap I saw this thing I had the same thought.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

if you don't have the caster block shimmed properly you will end up with some fairly active camber changes. probably some wacky toe issues as well.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Rcgman
For people who switched to 3mm trailing axle, Did you also adjust the Ackermann with 1mm on the steering rack and center the caster block with 1mm shims (front & Rear) as per the instructions?

Was curious how important it is to do all three adjustments for 3mm trailing Axle or leave the rack at 2mm for now?

Have people gone to 0mm on the rack with 3mm trailing axle. Does the B5 like more Ackermann?

What has testing shown for people playing around with the front end.
I have done a good amount of testing on the front end. Will do more tonight. I am running 3mm trailing with centered caster block. Running 0 shims on the rack and like it better then 1 mil and 2 mil. I have tried 0,1, and 2 mill of bump steer and 0 feels best. 0,1,and 2 mil on the camber link on the front tower and like 1 mil the best. Running 28grams on the front end. My car turns in very aggressive and pushes wide. Trying to get the car to rotate better and take that wide push away. Wanna hug the pipes! Gonna mess with rear camber link length and rear hub placement tonight.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mason
you're making a motor plate out of mdf? (probably cancer causing in california for those health conscious).
Nice mill work
Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I'm running the peak shorties and they're awesome no problems what so ever..and I have a bad habit of leaving my stuff in my trunk to
Old 03-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Nice mill work
Thanks.

I am a total noob when it comes to machining.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the incubus
Well I have a reedy saddle pack that cost waaaay more than I should've spent and just 5 months later THIS happened:

[URL=http://s.photobucket.com/user/theINQBS/media/DEX410v3/C22F0A39-6C33-4D7B-9E70-35305A0BD2B2_zpsytjqocak.jpg.html]

Approximately 30 cycles maybe because I usually run my Trak Power saddles for qualifiers) and practice and use these for mains but 10-12 cycles in and these would lose their punch a little over a minute into a run. Did several charge and discharge cycles and it remedied the issue for a few charge cycles but then began dumping again. I decided to run them for practice and setup, but today I go to work on my 410 and saw this.

You best believe I'm calling up reedy first thing in the morning!!!

That's a awful lot of packs to have puff. How do u care for your packs? Do u put them into a storage charge when not using them? Leaving them charged for too long and excessive heat can cause puffing. Do u keep them out of the Sun or out of hot temperatures when not in use? I never charge my batteries mote than a hour or two before using them. I don't leave them charged after I'm done using them either.

I have ran promatch racing, venom, and turnigy lipos with out a single pack puffing. Have promatch packs that over a year old with tons of cycles that are still incredibly strong packs. I just followed the directions on promatch racings web site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.