Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
I like the yokomo, one of the factory drivers was at my track. The yokomo is smooth a lot more steering but the price point is high
Yeah my GF has a Yokomo and I really like it. Smooth but oversteer-y. I just got an XRay 2wd out of curiosity, but if it isn't fun, I'm going to make it 4wd and get either a Yokomo or B5M. Just curious how they compare.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
You stopped using 3 pads and dont wish to go back to them yet they cant be beat performance wise.....
...or at least that's what his "teammates" tell him to use.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Legend

Most of my team mates have been using the VTS.

only a few with V2 right now..

On their Centro 's quite a few used the V2 ..

I just wanted everyone to hear which slipper I use and why...
Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The Avid slipper is very good and very smooth with a large tuning window. At least with the avid spring. Unsure on the v2 spring. The 2 pad system has always had complaints of fading and was "locked" down in the "old" day before the vts. I remember setting my slipper and feeling it fade even outdoors on lower bite. The only reason to run a 2 pad AE system is: 1) you want to use commonly found AE spurs 2) you want a "lighter" setup but dont want the avid or locker setup.

My lhs does not sell avid spur gears, so I kinda want to use the 2 pad system just in case I get a rock in my spur and ruin it mid race day. As of now, I run the triad and keep the AE vented slipper pads in my parts box for an "emergency"
Old 03-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Oh good, now I can exhale and get on with my life knowing this.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Oh good, now I can exhale and get on with my life knowing this.
Forget the like button

add a SMH smilie instead .
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why is everyone using the orion speed control? Is there something special about it that I dont know about?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proraptor
Why is everyone using the orion speed control? Is there something special about it that I dont know about?
more money = more better
Old 03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

You need to start a blog or your own website or something, that way you can share your "teamates" info with people that actually care about what you and your "teamates" run. 9/10 times your posts and the drama that follows them, turns AE threads into jokes.

In one post you go on to say how you don't run 3 pad slippers, and you say the VTS is for low traction tracks....and you always rave about how TRCR is "ultra high bite" but....then you go off and say your "teamates" all run the VTS?!!

pass whatever it is you smoke, cuz it's some good ish!!

Stuff like that, (hypocritical, contradictory, erroneous info) is what ruins the AE threads...and it almost always seems to come from you!!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fellas quick build tip that I caught on my buggy n a friends........pg14 Bag J step1. Double check that u need the ballstud washer!! (1mm) For some servos if u install it, it will pull the steering link to close to the servo n limit steering or bind to the right!! Most will finish the build, then set end points on the bench n make the endpoint at the point where the link contacts the servo body if u do that u will lose a good amount of steering to the right!!! Don't use the washer n with a xacto knife cut a little material off the link so it can pass smooth right next to the servo.....n you will have full throw! Anyone complaining of poor steering prob has the washer installed
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That pic is full throw! If the washer was installed the link would hit the servo.......so double check ur setup! I'm sure all servos r different
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Needs a thinner servo mount saver?
Old 03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Pretty much what Matt said. matt has been a "Brand" name shopper for a long time. He is "trying" out some of the more economical stuff. I am sure if you PM him, he will give you feed back. I have been preaching it for a couple years and no one listens and over spends. lol. I tire of talking to walls, lol. I just let people over spend and if they ask me, I will give them feedback on the many many esc's I have bought and sold over the past 1-2 years. I have pretty much owned every major and high end budget esc. But I find most people will buy the shiny stuff or their personal brand they are loyal to.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
That pic is full throw! If the washer was installed the link would hit the servo.......so double check ur setup! I'm sure all servos r different
I have run into issues like this before. its kinda servo specific. Some cases protrude forward more and it hits. Mostly I see this with LP servos and some spectrum. But, yeah the washer under the ballstud on the servo is probably not really needed.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

I am running the Tekin RSX. Awesome esc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.