Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster

stock and most money wins???? no don't think so..
No, money won't make you win, like i said, but does give you the fastest CAR. That 1500 gram car with shaved gears, Al and Ti this and that, gearing through the roof because you don't care if you melt a motor, the latest and greatest fast motor that meets spec, low friction bearings, and a super high C battery does give a performance advantage.

But, all this won't make you drive or setup your car better.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-1-4-d...2&blockType=G2

for anyone looking for a cheap shock tool lol...CRAFTSMAN... and cheap hahah

Old 03-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With stock I'd spend so much time grinding, shimming, and polishing to make the car more efficient. The b5m seems like it fits together much better (fresh molds?) from what I've seen, so maybe this is less necessary.

Honestly, it has to be pretty overwhelming to the guy moving up from the novice class to find out what measures some of the 17.5 guys are taking on their cars. Slipper eliminators, lightened outdrives, pucks, ceramics, ti screws, and so on. By contrast in 2wd mod you can pretty much throw a box stock kit out there and your success is up to you and your throttle finger. It's the driver's class.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have experience with the different stock rotors offered from Reedy? The sizes are a little different. What does this offer? Is it legal to change the rotor in stock class?
Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by BryanJ

By contrast in 2wd mod you can pretty much throw a box stock kit out there and your success is up to you and your throttle finger. It's the driver's class.
+1 rep
Old 03-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Centro Vs. B5M

Anyone here convert to the b5m from the c4.2, if so what are the pros and cons between the cars?
Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BryanJ
With stock I'd spend so much time grinding, shimming, and polishing to make the car more efficient. The b5m seems like it fits together much better (fresh molds?) from what I've seen, so maybe is less necessary.

Honestly, it has to be pretty overwhelming to the guy moving up from the novice class to find out what measures some of the 17.5 guys are taking on their cars. Slipper eliminators, lightened outdrives, pucks, ceramics, ti screws, and so on. By contrast in 2wd mod you can pretty much throw a box stock kit out there and your success is up to you and your throttle finger. It's the driver's class.
Now don't get me wrong. You are absolutely correct and I agree. But I have never had to go to these desperate measures to achieve success In stock buggy. I obviously would decide to run lightweight as far as battery. But I never had to go so crazy for results. Does this mean our stock scene needs more competition? Probably I guess haha.

Ive always ran a stock b4.whatever in stock and could have won at any time in the greater NW. Its always my stupidity that throws me off the podium!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Thought this would maybe help get the thread back on topic...... Build went smooth, nothing missing, threw in some spare electronics and look forward to trying it out tomorrow evening. Gonna test the B5M, RB6 and 22 2.0 all back to back to back and pick a winner
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-dscn0961.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-dscn0964.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't know who to make yhem all got in the box. The spectrum reciver and Orion esc with all it's parts takes up a huge apint of space
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dirtryder219
Thought this would maybe help get the thread back on topic...... Build went smooth, nothing missing, threw in some spare electronics and look forward to trying it out tomorrow evening. Gonna test the B5M, RB6 and 22 2.0 all back to back to back and pick a winner
A Shootout?! Sounds fun. Are you going with box stock setup on each one or have you developed a good baseline setup that you think will work well with each one? I look forward to your opinions haha!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
I don't know who to make yhem all got in the box. The spectrum reciver and Orion esc with all it's parts takes up a huge apint of space
Its very tight but I got it all to work the only dif is the receiver.

My ESC is turned around from how yours is in the same spot and the rx is where you have the switch. The on off switch is mounted out of the box and next to the esc and the capacitors are mounted in the front next to the rx. The transponder is sideways in front of the esc.

Hope that makes sense.

I would post a pic but the file is to big. I will try later if needed.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My bias is 35% front and 65% rear with my current electronic set up with a reedy 4200 saddle pack and a full size servo
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by What up?
Its very tight but I got it all to work the only dif is the receiver.

My ESC is turned around from how yours is in the same spot and the rx is where you have the switch. The on off switch is mounted out of the box and next to the esc and the capacitors are mounted in the front next to the rx. The transponder is sideways in front of the esc.

Hope that makes sense.

I would post a pic but the file is to big. I will try later if needed.
please post i kind of understand then again not really
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Naters
A Shootout?! Sounds fun. Are you going with box stock setup on each one or have you developed a good baseline setup that you think will work well with each one? I look forward to your opinions haha!
I have a good baseline for the 22 2.0, RB6 and what I believe will be good for the B5M. All are configured in mid motor and so far the B5M is the heaviest out of the bunch by almost 25grams. Not much of a difference but all we run is 17.5 blinky so weight is always an issue. I will run a few packs through the B5M first, try a few things and go from there once I feel comfortable with it. Worst thing that can happen is I don't like it and it ends up in the sale thread as a RTR....LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I am assuming that the shoot out will be all mid motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.