Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
ill give you the consistency part but not the "it keeps it even"
mod keeps it even and fair because you cannot cheat because anything goes. stock buggy is the biggest cheater class in existence
Yep. In stock class, the guy with the most money will have the fastest car (car only, not car+driver, different story), thus have an advantage. Mod, your car will as fast as you want it to be, and sometimes faster.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
ill give you the consistency part but not the "it keeps it even"
mod keeps it even and fair because you cannot cheat because anything goes. stock buggy is the biggest cheater class in existence
100% man everyone looks for that edge to go faster!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

What servo horn goes with the savor 1258? I can count teeth but letters are new to me haha
Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Naters
What servo horn goes with the savor 1258? I can count teeth but letters are new to me haha
F
Old 03-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I'm putting my money on the MM to take 17.5 at CC. Corner speed is the name of the game in 17.5. If They can get the B5M down to weight and figure out how to keep heat out of the motors (locals were actually rigging up fans to run on the motors to keep them cool on there centros and it worked) They will be dialed! I've put my 22 2.0 MM up against the B5 and won in 17.5 on a medium bite track. I can't wait to get my B5M dialed in. I also bought a B5 just in case... Wink Wink
I have no idea how it will wash out. Tanner beat a lot of MM car with he B5RM. I am hoping the B5M will be the end all car in 17.5. But I am definitely looking forward to see the outcome of the CC.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

+1 It's gonna be good. I'm really interested in seeing how the B5M does in all classes.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corners
Yep. In stock class, the guy with the most money will have the fastest car (car only, not car+driver, different story), thus have an advantage. Mod, your car will as fast as you want it to be, and sometimes faster.
In theory...but but I don't fully agree with this thought.
Raced my 5M yesterday for the first time. Due to not having a full enough field to support both Mod and 17.5, we ran together, with 2 Mods and the rest 17.5 in the A. I'm using a year ( or more? ) old shorty with a Turnigy ( supposedly Reedy Mach1 knock-off ) 17.5. I took 2nd, one of our youngn's also running 17.5 was just behind me. A sponsored youngn won, with a Mod.
He ran 20 6:00
I ran 19 6:17
In regards to fastest single laps...I had the third overall fastest of the day at 18.2. Our shop owner whom took 4th in the main, dropped an 18.1. Yes, the Mod driver did have the fastest single lap.
Now, I know this is only one club race...so take it with a grain of salt. But I can say I definitely ran against and beat several with much bigger wallets than I have.

Anyhoo...I havn't read on this thread at all until now, so I apologize in advance. But I'm wondering about the MIP Puck sytem. Will the existing work with the 5series? Or is something being worked on by MIP if not?
Thx
Old 03-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

F or J should work on a Savox.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Tyler Hicks posted this on FB about mounting the rear camber links plate wrong..
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Raced my 5M yesterday for the first time. Due to not having a full enough field to support both Mod and 17.5, we ran together, with 2 Mods and the rest 17.5 in the A. I'm using a year ( or more? ) old shorty with a Turnigy ( supposedly Reedy Mach1 knock-off ) 17.5. I took 2nd, one of our youngn's also running 17.5 was just behind me. A sponsored youngn won, with a Mod.
In regards to fastest single laps...I had the third overall fastest of the day at 18.2. Our shop owner whom took 4th in the main, dropped an 18.1. Yes, the Mod driver did have the fastest single lap.
Now, I know this is only one club race...so take it with a grain of salt. But I can say I definitely ran against and beat several with much bigger wallets than I have.

Anyhoo...I havn't read on this thread at all until now, so I apologize in advance. But I'm wondering about the MIP Puck sytem. Will the existing work with the 5series? Or is something being worked on by MIP if not?
Thx
they are working on it. Probably by summer
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thx
A local racer just spoke to MIP reps over the weekend at JBRL Round 1 here in SoCal over the weekend. The B5 pucks are in prototype now, and shouldn't be too far out on a release. I'd expect that means within a couple months (?). You can put all the B4 parts needed for pucks into the B5 now if you want.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thx
MIP puck system for the b5 is in the works but others are finding work arounds using the b4.2 puck system. If you read back just a couple pages you can find what they are trying.
As far as stock class, a track layout and traction can have a huge influence on what separates mod and stock or even a $ built 17.5 and stock/stock. If it's technical and lacks a big straight away 17.5 rocks and can lay down something stout. Add limited traction and the separation between $ built 17.5 and a stock/stock and the separation is further diminished.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

that's exactly it in stock or mod... if you figure the average track has between 8 and 12 corners.. and you can corner even 1/4 a second quicker in each.. your talking about being 2-3 seconds a lap faster... that's huge!

stock and most money wins???? no don't think so.. stock is fun because now with modern equipment things are a lot more even. yes there are always cheaters.. here we had some team kyosho boys cheating with orion motors in stock .. pathetic...

but it can be a really fun class... even in mod most people I see use way more motor then they should to go fast around the track.. sure a 7.5 is fast.. but I think if people tried a 13.5 or 10.5 or? they may be surprised to find there lap times are quicker.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

oh.. and I am not sure about the stock front axels.. I built my kit with the associated clamp hex kit and proline hexes.. also never used the stock tranny shaft as I built mine with the alloy shaft to start. spacing seemed fine that way. I am sure associated will get any problems fixed for those who are having problems though... although from everyone I have seen, nobody has had any issues like on here.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Corners
Well, in stock it hones driving skill vs power. When the skill level is close or the field is very tight, then the only way to get an advantage will be....

1. Setup of the suspension and geometry. With that all equal. Then its deliverable power.

2. Getting the right gearing for stock.

3. Most important is rolling resistance (either degrease the bearings or use ceramics),

4. Getting good high C rated batteries. But if your car is dragging, it really doesn't matter about C rating.

5. Good motor with torque and speed.

6. Reducing chassis weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.