Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Has there even any new news for a release date on the b5? (RM)
Old 01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this might have covered already, if so my bad, but with the new front hex design will there be new B5 specific rims or will current Associated rims work?
Old 01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
It was first pointed out by someone studying the pictures but the rc car action article confirmed it.
Oops my bad, I skipped that part.Thanks for correcting me.

We need a straight arm and a gull-wing arm and compare the distance between shock mounting positions and hinge-pin holes. There's must be something I am overlooking.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

iam all over this buggy like fat kid on cake lol
Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by manson98
.... I know a lot of people have driven RM for many many years and it is like learning to drive all over again for me
I started racing 2wd buggy last year, so I had to start from scratch.

Got myself two Yokomo bmax2's, build one MM and one RM. I have always been faster with MM than with RM. When started my RM was a bit more consistent and it felt a bit easier to drive, but even then my fast laps with MM were already faster. After some time and some training of left index finger i found both speed and consistency in MM.

I drive on an outdoor clay track wich has medium traction on a very good day. Normally it's dusty and pretty low grip.

Now I have 2 MM cars, just setup slightly different.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Some of you guys are so full of crap that I can't contain myself. The diffs in these cars are all basically made from the same parts. The 22 diffs suck and always will because of the materials. If you buy BFast parts for a Kyosho diff, an AE, and a TLR how could one be smoother than the other? Same parts. The design is basically the same! The only exception is that the diff with more balls theoretically should be smoother because there is more surface contact between the balls and plates and each ball [theoretically] has less psi of pressure being exerted on it. I'm not an engineer but this is not rocket science either. What I'm saying is that nobody's diff is better than anyone elses barring Durrango which is a little different...I only built a couple of those. Its been a while. I don't remember anything other than the weird cir clips and what happened if you put them in upside down. Anyway, a diff is pretty much a diff. If AE decides to step up the quality of the materials then there could be a substantial difference. More balls should be better as you should be able to get more clamping pressure on the diff rings.

On a side note, mid motored cars, pretty much all the Kyosho cars, have been doing well locally in all traction types. I'll probably convert everything to mid motor eventually.
Here you go--NOTHING to do with inferior materials--read on.
Oh-and also-no need to be so aggressive with your "you guys are so full of crap" comments--everyone is just trying to learn from one another. I for one will take the "high road" here hoping that people like yourselves can too!!

http://pittables.blogspot.com/2012/1...-14-vs-12.html
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Oops my bad, I skipped that part.Thanks for correcting me.

We need a straight arm and a gull-wing arm and compare the distance between shock mounting positions and hinge-pin holes. There's must be something I am overlooking.
After reading that RC action article I don't have any confidence in anything they reported, they hadn't even seen the pictures of the car with the body off. I studied the pictures last night and I can tell any difference in the shock towers width.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
this might have covered already, if so my bad, but with the new front hex design will there be new B5 specific rims or will current Associated rims work?
The B4 hex wheels will fit
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Wanted to ask a quick question which might have been answered. Can I use my B4.2 shocks on the RC10B5?

Thanks
KB
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
Not saying your wrong, but your not right. Try a MIP diff, my month old one is smoother than a brand new AE, don't know why but it is.
MIP diff parts are great. I have used them on rebuilds and just build from scratch with them now. Going to put the puck system into my 17.5 and rebuild diff with the MIP parts. Time will tell on the new diff and is it better all around or just better for Mod / stock.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Hey Guys,

Wanted to ask a quick question which might have been answered. Can I use my B4.2 shocks on the RC10B5?

Thanks
KB
Pretty sure they are the same other than the caps.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
Pretty sure they are the same other than the caps.
The new cars come with the "V2" big bores.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
The new cars come with the "V2" big bores.
Same length though right? So you should be able to use the b4.2s on the B5.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
Same length though right? So you should be able to use the b4.2s on the B5.
99.9 that yes you can.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
MIP diff parts are great. I have used them on rebuilds and just build from scratch with them now. Going to put the puck system into my 17.5 and rebuild diff with the MIP parts. Time will tell on the new diff and is it better all around or just better for Mod / stock.
I'm running the pucks and its pretty damn awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.