Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proraptor
built my B5m kit last night but had on problem....One of the blue adjustable shock collars would not screw onto any of the shocks. Seems there is a problem with the threading on the collar as all the other collars screw onto the shock bodies just fine.

I faxed a request in to AE. Hope they can send me one ASAP.....I want to race! Or does anyone know where to buy them?
try to thread one of the "good" ones onto the shock body with the issue. I could be the threads on the body. I have always found the AE collars to be easy to cross thread because the threads are so fine and small. So I always take my time with them. Also, make sure the oring is fully seated inside the collar.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Got to drive a friends B5M right after I finished up racing my B5R this weekend. B5M is definitely faster in the turns, whereas the B5R is faster in straight lines, and does not become as upset over the ruts that have developed at LRH. Both are excellent cars, and will be winners, just depends on your track, high bite clay with a lot of 180 degree turns, and chicanes, B5M, looser bumpier conditions B5R.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Save the fancy theory's ,anyone that has tried knows the rebound is speeded up with a taper* just by pushing the piston up & down with the spring removed.

*Mounted taper piston flat side up inside shock.
When is the last time you had your fingers precision calibrated?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
This is already wrong because the surface area that is avaible on compression is bigger then it is on the rebound.

The 3mm shaft and 12mm bore in this case make the avaible surface on rebound is 6.25% smaller.

Thus even the flat piston has a lower resistance on rebound than compression.
That extra 6.25% area on top of the piston provides a surface for the pressure to act on under compression as well as for the vacuum formed during rebound. It's a wash and has no affect on compression/rebound disparity. Fluid flow resistance is all that is needed.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
This is already wrong because the surface area that is avaible on compression is bigger then it is on the rebound.

The 3mm shaft and 12mm bore in this case make the avaible surface on rebound is 6.25% smaller.

Thus even the flat piston has a lower resistance on rebound than compression.
Surface area of the piston is unimportant. Surface area of the openings is what is important. This is what the fluid is going through as your piston goes up and down. Total surface area of the openings includes any holes/slots/grooves in the piston and the gap between piston and shock body inner wall combined.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Alright, so I have been out of the offroad thing for a small while now, but have my hands on both B5 and B5M. Debating selling the RM, perhaps.

Since I'm in LA, what do you local LA/OC guys recommend I keep if I only keep one car? I'd be going mostly to OCRC but I do want to try out other tracks in LA/OC.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
i guess i am a sloppy guy too then. my esc had to mount at an angle to fit right. oh well
i'd post a pick but for some reason it always says upload failed.
figured it out pics were too big
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m2.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m3.jpg  
Old 03-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Alright, so I have been out of the offroad thing for a small while now, but have my hands on both B5 and B5M. Debating selling the RM, perhaps.

Since I'm in LA, what do you local LA/OC guys recommend I keep if I only keep one car? I'd be going mostly to OCRC but I do want to try out other tracks in LA/OC.
probably stick with the b5m if mostly indoor i know ocrc is going to be mid motor same with ierc, air dawg, and even sdrc in san diego. buuuutttt if you're looking to sell the mm i'd take it off your hands
Old 03-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
A little confused , you now say the car is pretty decent.
Guess your push is gone ?

Set up your using is a great choice, don't try to change it too much.
Doublt the tire compound is wearing off.
so now suggest
Checking the faster cars for what tires ,inserts & traction compounds they are using.

Or even better git one of the fast guys to test drive your ride & try to drive his so you can learn the differences in just a few laps.
The car was really undrivable on power with dues exact setup. The few changes I made got it drivable. It just can't be pushed hard in the turns like I know it should. I'm using all the same stuff and I am one of the faster guys. I had another guy try my bug and he said it was undrivable just like I said with dues setup. Between him and I we came up with the few changes that I made from dues setup.I understand it's a new bug and my first associated . I guess I was expecting a bunch of steering like the b4 had. I'm sure well get it figured.the only thing I got left is to try and free up the rear a lil more with the rear links and then play the tire game.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Look what the postman just dropped off. Looks like the daughter and I have a long night ahead of us. Need to head down to Burger King, grab some Whoppers and start building!

Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

just finished my build,wow a lot different then my b4 buggy and my t4.2 i built last week,plastics are a lot better,shocks feel a lot more plush then my t4.2 shocks,not sure if its because the seals fit a lot better in the body but they are butter smooth.I ended up with thielke setup to start with and see how it is. How is everyone running there shortys? back or forward? also are you adding weight anywhere to the car? my track is med bite and tires are ss/soft or some really sauced up clays.Waiting on my lid to be painted and my tires now
Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running the pack forward. I would only run the pack backwards outdoors. I tested both and forward felt significantly better to me. No weight was required for plenty of steering indoors with 2mm trailing axle setup.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Look what the postman just dropped off. Looks like the daughter and I have a long night ahead of us. Need to head down to Burger King, grab some Whoppers and start building!

Maybe Sonic will help too.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Maybe Sonic will help too.
Nah, he just gets drunk and yells profanities at me while I build.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Nah, he just gets drunk and yells profanities at me while I build.
Probably steals french fries too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.