Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Do you really think you can feel an eighth or quarter inch of moving the motor forward? Will it give you enough edge to be faster I doubt it. Ill say it again start with a standard setup and PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
yes, you can. its kinda like that ounce of weight everyone wants to slap on by the servo.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Do you really think you can feel an eighth or quarter inch of moving the motor forward? Will it give you enough edge to be faster I doubt it. Ill say it again start with a standard setup and PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
Originally Posted by tmail55
Yes you can.
Originally Posted by Jake S
going from 81t to 78t in mod is a huge difference, its as major as moving the rear hubs 1mm-2mm imho.
Your AVERAGE club guy....you could put down two identical cars with only that change, and I'll bet money they wouldn't know the difference.

But even that is open to debate because for some the average club guy is one of the Ryans and for others it's some 12yr old kid who 3 weeks ago bought a Slash.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer1812
Your AVERAGE club guy....you could put down two identical cars with only that change, and I'll bet money they wouldn't know the difference.

But even that is open to debate because for some the average club guy is one of the Ryans and for others it's some 12yr old kid who 3 weeks ago bought a Slash.
This hobby is like most, 90% mental. If you have made changes to your car and you think it is faster. Then that's all that matters.
Bill
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Status....shipped!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Steven Hartson ran his B5M Wednesday for the first time.
His fast lap was the same as what he ran with his B5 but his overall was 2 seconds faster for 5 minutes. This was at OCRC on the Reedy race layout. Traction was up as everyone was going fast that night. Steven says his car was ok but he still wants to adjust the shock set up some.
Interesting as I've read that the track is significantly faster now than it was during the Reedy race. Sounds like he may have been slower with the "M".

Originally Posted by racer1812
Maybe not with someone else's car but I bet it'd be noticeable if you performed that test with the driver's own car that they were already familiar with. But like you said, who is the "average" club racer?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Interesting as I've read that the track is significantly faster now than it was during the Reedy race. Sounds like he may have been slower with the "M".
It was never stated how fast he went compared to his centro c4.2 at reedy...Sean said that he was faster with the M compared to the R on the reedy layout.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka

\
i think he meant that it is the reedy layout, not his time at the reedy race, js.

^^^ beat me to it
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone making a machined motor plate yet? Stock one feels like a fat chunk of aluminum, miss the extra cooling the b4.2 plate offered.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
It was never stated how fast he went compared to his centro c4.2 at reedy...Sean said that he was faster with the M compared to the R on the reedy layout.
Steven's best run at the Reedy was 15 5:01. His best run with the B5 a week or so ago was 16 5:08. His best time on Wednesday was 16 5:06, I think it was about his 7th pack on the car.

I am not trying to bias any info and say one car is better than another. I am only trying to post some facts. Honestly on this track between B5 and B5M it is almost a push. There is only 2 spots on the track I think the mid is better than the rear, coming on the straight and exiting the straight down the steps.
The rest of the track the rear might be a touch better.

It would be cool to see a real head to head shoot out but honestly it is a lot of work to do it properly and the track probably isn't consistent enough all the time to get a perfect answer. It really just comes down to what the driver is most comfortable with.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:56 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Posting this here as I replied in the other thread to a question.

Steven's best run at the Reedy was 15 5:01. His best run with the B5 a week or so ago was 16 5:08. His best time on Wednesday was 16 5:06, I think it was about his 7th pack on the car.

I am not trying to bias any info and say one car is better than another. I am only trying to post some facts. Honestly on this track between B5 and B5M it is almost a push. There is only 2 spots on the track I think the mid is better than the rear, coming on the straight and exiting the straight down the steps.

It would be cool to see a real head to head shoot out but honestly it is a lot of work to do it properly and the track probably isn't consistent enough all the time to get a perfect answer. It really just comes down to what the driver is most comfortable with.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

5 showed up at the hobby shop about 30 mins ago.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Legend

DUEL !!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran

Pretty darn good time for only 7 packs on the car. My big fear is the RM will now be completely ignored set up wise as the fast people switch to the MM for the more groomed, high traction tracks they run on at the big races.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Nice to see some factory reps post in an AE thread.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gticlay
Pretty darn good time for only 7 packs on the car. My big fear is the RM will now be completely ignored set up wise as the fast people switch to the MM for the more groomed, high traction tracks they run on at the big races.
With the tracks they race on most of the time, I sadly see this happening.

Granted the B5 is a more refined B4, odds are once a solid base setup is established most won't deviate from it very much. so constant team set ups won't really be needed. It's not gonna take 10 years to get his car dialed in. On average most peoples B4 setups didn't change much, I doubt they will with the B5 either..just a guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.