Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Are there words to describe how little I care about the wrong sticker on the back of the box?

No...

Ship the mislabeled product to me.

same... you hear that sean and kody lol
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Has anyone tried Chad Due's setup yet?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok...why the 3mm insert and not the 30* kick up? Just looking for reasoning of the difference in the adjustments, I'm not good at tuning so I'm really looking for the whys of why your way might or might not be better.
The difference between 25 & 30 degree kick up on the chassis is the static feel of the shocks based on 30 degrees at the wheel, obviously if you are 25 at the wheel then you have more low speed steering, hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
same... you hear that sean and kody lol
I'm just ribbing these guys, I know they have to and want to make it right.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can I just have my box and car now, and you send me a new side sticker later? I promise I'll put it on the box.

Or just use a sharpie and write in an "M". I don't mind.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kurtblastoff
Has anyone tried Chad Due's setup yet?
yes i run his set up ..only change i made was 10g weight in the front buggy was a little light for me.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bshack
Were you guys at Shawnee Raceway? I ran my B5 in practice on Sunday. I'm gonna practice again this Sunday, and Race Mod buggy the following week. A few weeks of practice are needed to clear the cobwebs after a 3 year break.
Yeah, shawnee, kcrc. Tuesdays are pretty fun. The club says the track getting redone today so Friday practice should be great. I have been clearing the same cobwebs and just need to build some confidence in modified. That's why it was so nice to see what my buggy can really do in the hands of a really good driver. Mental picture for what to strive for and Wayne's setup is perfect cause I know it's driving adjustments that need done from here, not tuning.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BHammer002
It was really, really good, Wayne.
Great set up, Wayne. Should be posted on the front page for sure. At the least as a much better starting setup, but I think its pretty much the end all setup with only some really advanced tuners making subtle possible changes. I wont be changing a thing. Thank you.
Awesome. Glad it helped you. The biggest part of it is the damper setup--the softer black front/green rear spring lets you lighten the damping and pack to handle the bumps in our local tracks without being under damped. The "team" setups are just too stiff for our local tracks, especially KCRC, and bounce around a lot. If you go down in oil or piston, then they're twitchy if the track is watered because they're under damped for the springs. The team setups would be better at smactrac or any clay surface where the surface stays smooth and together. Our local tracks are packed topsoil, and they tend to get bumpy.

I don't think it's the end all setup though. If I were on a higher bite smoother track, I would be going up in spring and piston/oil as well because the car, while it would drive fine, could be a lot more competitive in the corners at that point since the surface would allow it.

Wayne
Old 02-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Are there words to describe how little I care about the wrong sticker on the back of the box?

No...

Ship the mislabeled product to me.
Same here, I'm not driving the box. I'm driving whats in the box
Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Corners
Or just use a sharpie and write in an "M". I don't mind.
best idea ever.

or put an "ALSO AVAILABLE AS" sticker on the RM side
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Anxious to see how you like the new car Jake. Another couple of months and the wife will be removing my leash and letting me race again . Can't complain at all. I'm lucky enough to be laid off for the moment and have been staying home with my little guys. Oh, we're selling our house and looking for a bigger one so I guess you could say the Dork has been quite busy. See you soon bud.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

looks like the date changed on tower,went from early march to late feb,can't wait to get it and start the build
Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Outside of the issues with the packaging it looks to be a little early for product release. The manual is not even loaded to the AE site yet. In addition the chassis has not been released/finalized (just assuming as there is no picture of the chassis available yet)

These may have just been things that were overlooked but do seen to be pretty important
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mason
If you get one of those you might want to seal it in a low uv/air density room and wait 15 years.
Ha ha! I'm with the other guys. Just give me the box with the wrong printing.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

To Tradin Paint

They don't release the chassis until the kit is released. At least they are better then before and release parts so they can be stocked before the people start breaking their kit car.

I just wish they would give a couple kits to the company's that produce nice body's before the kit comes out would be nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.