Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:58 AM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by gticlay
Do they fit properly in the new V2 BB shocks the B5 comes with (the shaft is slightly larger...)?
The shaft size as some have said is garbage information. The size of the shafts are the same. They are not coated because the traditional coatings may be tough but they are not smooth. Through testing the team found that a polished shaft felt and performed the best. The issue with using the traxxas o-rings is the bore diameter of the v2 shock. The bore diameter has been reduced slightly for use of the new Factory Team o-rings and also better performance with the older red o-rings. Therefore to answer your question no the Traxxas o-rings no longer work like before

Chad Due
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEDUE
The shaft size as some have said is garbage information. The size of the shafts are the same. They are not coated because the traditional coatings may be tough but they are not smooth. Through testing the team found that a polished shaft felt and performed the best. The issue with using the traxxas o-rings is the bore diameter of the v2 shock. The bore diameter has been reduced slightly for use of the new Factory Team o-rings and also better performance with the older red o-rings. Therefore to answer your question no the Traxxas o-rings no longer work like before

Chad Due

Cool, thanks for the information, and darn!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Received confirmation from Pro-Match that they will be selling a Square pack:
"6000 mah is the capacity. 90C constant 180C burst “C” rated. The price is 84.99 a pack."
Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chad Due
Is the V2 BB 12mm bore diameter tightened up as well? The reason I ask is I did extensive testing on the B4.1 when the big bores came out and have found that the b5 appears to be thicker/plusher with the piston/oil combos I used previously. For example, 1.7 pistons actually have some pack on my b5, where as on my b4, they were definitely a good choice at times, but the pack just wasn't there.

Wayne
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Is the V2 BB 12mm bore diameter tightened up as well? The reason I ask is I did extensive testing on the B4.1 when the big bores came out and have found that the b5 appears to be thicker/plusher with the piston/oil combos I used previously. For example, 1.7 pistons actually have some pack on my b5, where as on my b4, they were definitely a good choice at times, but the pack just wasn't there.

Wayne
No change in the 12 mm bore. The reason you are probably feeling this change is because the seal package is constructed much better. Therefore the shaft deflection is much less making the piston function better. This is also the result of the super smooth new shafts. Overall I would say they are the best shocks AE has ever produced

Chad Due
Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Overall I would say they are the best shocks AE has ever produced
They are pimp, indeed.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Wildcat, i am glad they didn't make it on the fly esc tuning, or that would make it illegal. As it is you can adjust parameters, but the receiver must be power cycled. I don't see it becoming roar legal because of that though.

Guy makes adjustment on remote, 3 laps in his car "stops" going, tells marshall to turn it off and back on, and vuala.

Unfortunately there are to many cheaters that will manipulate graet ideas, and turn them into bad ideas.
Hideeho
My understanding of the rule (I could be wrong because I haven't actually read it) is that it only applies to blinky mode for 17.5 stock. I do not believe it applies to mod classes. Again, my Understanding (I have been unable to find this in the manual) the Sanwa zero when in blinky mode can't be programed from the remote. I have been able to confirm that when the link is set to program from the remote there are different lights on both the transmitter & ESC than when that feature is disabled. Even if being allowed to change settings from the tx, it is not something you can do while driving, it is a rather involved process of going through the menu. It's nothing like slaving your brake rate, or throttle EPA, or steering speed to a convenient switch at you finger tips allows you to change those things while driving, which is allowed by roar...
Old 02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

I ran my new B5 for the first time this past weekend. Good car right out of the box. I did notice after taking the car apart last night that the front wheel bearings are crunchy. Only one bearing per side. I too think the crush washer may be the culprit, or the bearings are just garbage.
During my build, I attached the wing mounts to the transmission. I then put the screws though the shock tower to attach the wing mounts to the shock tower. Did anyone notice if the wing mounts were touching the tower? My wing mounts were about 2 mm from the tower. I called Associated about these problems and got the old "haven't seen this problem"... They're gonna send me new front bearings though. If everyone on here is having these types of problems, are you contacting Associated?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:46 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Don't hit the pipe at the end of the straight!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

B5 on the way soon

Question, what upgrades would you suggest? IE easily broken parts.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Don't hit the pipe at the end of the straight!
Hey Sean - how are the lap times now compared to when the track was new at the Reedy Race? In the NW at TRCR it's possible to keep up at a fresh track but after they have had a few weeks of micro-tuning for the track (and there's rubber down on the dirt) watch out!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntJeff
B5 on the way soon

Just turnbuckles. You may want to get the alu front brace too, but good luck finding one right now. There are many options for turnbuckles from the FT TI ones to aftermarket options.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
B5 on the way soon

I have broken nothing essentially, but I did replace the C hinge pin brace in the rear to the FT aluminum with inserts because I oblonged the factory plastic one. I also went to the FT front hinge pin brace, and when available I will get the D brace for the rear.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

The lap times now at OCRC are better than the Reedy Race. The track is super fast and a definite fast groove.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Captcha
Wildcat, i am glad they didn't make it on the fly esc tuning, or that would make it illegal. As it is you can adjust parameters, but the receiver must be power cycled. I don't see it becoming roar legal because of that though.

Guy makes adjustment on remote, 3 laps in his car "stops" going, tells marshall to turn it off and back on, and vuala.

Unfortunately there are to many cheaters that will manipulate graet ideas, and turn them into bad ideas.
Someone in the 22-4 thread says that's only for Boost on/off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.