Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went to 3mm and added no shims to the ackerman like they were and my car is planted. A few pages back I posted my exact setup I ran this weekend, and the car was the best it has felt since putting it together.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone know when that pictured Reedy ESC will be available? I'm trying to decide whether to hold out on doing a Reedy ESC w/ Mach 2 17.5 or go Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 17.5. Thanks for your opinions!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ragsrc
Anyone know when that pictured Reedy ESC will be available? I'm trying to decide whether to hold out on doing a Reedy ESC w/ Mach 2 17.5 or go Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 17.5. Thanks for your opinions!
Should be available sometime this summer....so not that soon.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
I just sold my RB6. Ran it in mid motor and rear motor. Did very well with it. What would you like to know? Both are great cars. I think the only real big advantage the AE has on the RB6 right now is the adjustable front trailing axle -- that really makes RM on small tight tracks so much better. Other than that, I can't say anything extremely one way or another on either. The RB6 is nice that you can convert it, but damn, the b5 in RM is so super plush--up until driving my new b5, I would have always given the nod to kyosho on shocks, but the b5 is like a frigg'n cat, and I can't explain why, it just is.

Feel free to ask specifics.

Wayne
I have the Kyosho now and I just can't get it to drive to my style of driving, it does not like to be ran aggresive it likes to push on power or even mid turn on all my different setup changes I either gain or lose one or the other. My current track has a lot of turns and the 22-b4.1-2 are just lot more constant and can power on through the corner as where I feel I have to baby it a littler more in the turn. Just curious I guess on how it drives can you be aggresive more with it compared to the rb6
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I really like the idea of the sanwa esc. Since I use Airtronics radios. The built in telemetry and esc tuning from the radio, it kinda pimp.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I have the Kyosho now and I just can't get it to drive to my style of driving, it does not like to be ran aggresive it likes to push on power or even mid turn on all my different setup changes I either gain or lose one or the other. My current track has a lot of turns and the 22-b4.1-2 are just lot more constant and can power on through the corner as where I feel I have to baby it a littler more in the turn. Just curious I guess on how it drives can you be aggresive more with it compared to the rb6
I'll tell you if your thinking of going 22 rear motor you'll run into the same problems . I fought a push in that thing for over a year. The only way I could get it to turn for my style driving was mm.Thats why I'm gonna give the b5 a shot.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

There's a new video of Sean driving the b5m. Sorry don't know how to make link with my phone.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Wildcat, i am glad they didn't make it on the fly esc tuning, or that would make it illegal. As it is you can adjust parameters, but the receiver must be power cycled. I don't see it becoming roar legal because of that though.

Guy makes adjustment on remote, 3 laps in his car "stops" going, tells marshall to turn it off and back on, and vuala.

Unfortunately there are to many cheaters that will manipulate graet ideas, and turn them into bad ideas.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
I think the big fix for the push is going to the 3mm front insert setup. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Most of the newer team setups seem to go this route.
Originally Posted by Captcha
I went to 3mm and added no shims to the ackerman like they were and my car is planted. A few pages back I posted my exact setup I ran this weekend, and the car was the best it has felt since putting it together.
Ok...why the 3mm insert and not the 30* kick up? Just looking for reasoning of the difference in the adjustments, I'm not good at tuning so I'm really looking for the whys of why your way might or might not be better.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
175mm would be ideal but we are using 200mm.
Thank you. That's exactly what we needed
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok...why the 3mm insert and not the 30* kick up? Just looking for reasoning of the difference in the adjustments, I'm not good at tuning so I'm really looking for the whys of why your way might or might not be better.
I believe the 30* kick up is more for corner entry. My feeling was that car had more mid corner push and through sweepers.

However, reading through the manual tuning tips they say the same about the 3mm trailing axle adjustment.....so now i'm curious as well.

I feel the 30* caster would have an effect on the suspension setting as well so maybe the trailing axle is a less drastic measure. Can anyone confirm?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Already driven with both .
Differences between the two on the track is very small.

The new plastic is already a lot stiffer the old b4 plastic which explains why .
George, you know when TRCR is getting more B5's in stock? I know Scott's in Hawaii atm, maybe Gene would know??
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BHammer002
Wayne,

I was pretty close to what you posted here. Had brown in front with 30wt and black in rear with 25 wt with 1mm still on the steering rack. Started to go off the rails and added weight - knew I wanted to start over at that point. Yanked the weight and went over to your posted setup for a try. Was wondering if you had experimented with the .5 rear hub. I had it and the 30 degree kick up in and couldnt decide if it added more push than helped the rear end. Plan to be running it tonight at Kcrc.
The setup I posted should be pretty good there as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Originally Posted by VegasHB
I believe the 30* kick up is more for corner entry. My feeling was that car had more mid corner push and through sweepers.

However, reading through the manual tuning tips they say the same about the 3mm trailing axle adjustment.....so now i'm curious as well.

I feel the 30* caster would have an effect on the suspension setting as well so maybe the trailing axle is a less drastic measure. Can anyone confirm?
As far as difference goes, I do not know. It was something I just figured I would try to see what it did, and it gave me all the steering I wanted and more.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ntJeff
George, you know when TRCR is getting more B5's in stock? I know Scott's in Hawaii atm, maybe Gene would know??
Have no clue when more come. Don't believe Gene knows also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.