Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Good news...could indicate the wait is almost over.
Not sure where your located or where you are on the "local" Preorder list, but my wait is less than weeks.

Kody was dominate again tonight with his, and Sean C was very effective in stock buggy for someone who had never driven the current layout and just finished building his.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Bill...

You missed it. I drove it for a few minutes after our stock buggy A main race. The mid motor B5m was really good. Sean C had a good baseline setup on it and I even got a few tips from Kody N. on driving the Reedy Race layout.

The shocks and suspension were really really good. The buggy landed the step on step off smooth and you can get back on the power faster ... The stock setup Sean had was just as good as my Centro. I know with some more laps I will be faster with the B5m. I cant wait to get the new buggy.

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...rand=644851506
Old 02-22-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Bill...

You missed it. I drove it for a few minutes after our stock buggy A main race. The mid motor B5m was really good. Sean C had a good baseline setup on it and I even got a few tips from Kody N. on driving the Reedy Race layout.

The shocks and suspension were really really good. The buggy landed the step on step off smooth and you can get back on the power faster ... The stock setup Sean had was just as good as my Centro. I know with some more laps I will be faster with the B5m. I cant wait to get the new buggy.

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...rand=644851506
Same here!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

its tough to build a car with little kids but the car was a roller when i went to bed. once my wife and kids fell asleep i went down stairs to finish the wiring. i shortened the esc wire so that there is about 1.75" of wire coming out of the esc and the futaba bls451 servo wire is a perfect length for clean wiring.

I didn't put oil in the shocks yet because I won't be able to run until next Saturday. I went right to 1.6 tapers and 3mm trail to start.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by BIGSKI15; 02-22-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I have read so much information about this and I am not sure wheter it`s wrong or right.

Can you drive an MM car as good as an RM on low grip? I heard that MM might take over RM because it is more like an allrounder.

sorry for the captial letters, my system changes automatically ( german :P)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Take over RM? Very unlikely IMHO. There will always be a market for both.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
Matt, any reason you went with Avid over Acer? Do you have an "M" on order? Get your tools out.
Because they are less than a $1 a bearing with my discount and they are good quality. M is on order, can't wait. I should be down on the 28th for some practice and possibly club race...see you there.

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 02-22-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice22
I have read so much information about this and I am not sure wheter it`s wrong or right.

Can you drive an MM car as good as an RM on low grip? I heard that MM might take over RM because it is more like an allrounder.

sorry for the captial letters, my system changes automatically ( german :P)
You'll probably want one of each if you race a lot of different tracks/conditions.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

P1 hobbies had some B5's in stock when I ordered mine. Free shipping too, sent mine priority mail the next day I ordered, great service.....
Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Son of a b.... I swear as soon as I think of an idea it pops up somewhere else. The dorsal wing is coming people....it'll be all the rage thanks to the newer LMP cars.

Friggin called it; coming for the b5 as well

Old 02-22-2014, 07:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)

OK guys, I decided to go back to AE this year as its been about 8 years since i ran them. And Ive got a couple of quick questions since I ordered my B5 kit yesterday and I want to know if the new plastics are an improvement over the B4, such as arms and shock towers?

Also is this a necessity or just eye candy? http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=cs&pn=EXO1379

Any other info you may have will be helpful.. Thank you
Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by k1ller rc
OK guys, I decided to go back to AE this year as its been about 8 years since i ran them. And Ive got a couple of quick questions since I ordered my B5 kit yesterday and I want to know if the new plastics are an improvement over the B4, such as arms and shock towers?

Also is this a necessity or just eye candy? http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=cs&pn=EXO1379

B5 plastics are a huge improvement, the arms and kit overall is much more stout than previous AE kits. Best kit i've ever built but I have always run AE.

That Exotek piece is for deleting the slipper in the B4/T4/SC10 kits used exclusively for 17.5 racers. Not sure if it would fit on the B5's.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by k1ller rc

The new plastic is stiffer then the b4 plastic, it comes in-between the plastic & carbon.

The new Hard plastic is very similar to carbon on stiffness.

One of my team mates was testing the Hard rear arms yesterday, said very little difference compared to using the kit plastic arm.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

nah thanks. I just race @ one track at around 15 minutes away from my hometown. (Carpet/highgrip)I was just curious if I "could" race on a low grip track if I want ( there is a Forum Meeting ~ 100km away)or if it ll be shit.

Thats why i prefer the B5M so far ( only driven a B44.1 so far, so I don`t know anything about the handling) but i`m not sure yet.

I am a Little scared that the RM jumps very difficult becaus of the engine at the back, making the nose go in the air at every jump. Jumps have always been my whackness with the b44 xD but at the end I got the way to go with the 4wd. It will be funny to see if itll work with the 2wd as well.

thanks for help though
Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice22
I am a Little scared that the RM jumps very difficult becaus of the engine at the back, making the nose go in the air at every jump. Jumps have always been my whackness with the b44 xD but at the end I got the way to go with the 4wd. It will be funny to see if itll work with the 2wd as well.
You just need to learn how to jump a car. Just because the motor is in the back doesnt mean it will go nose high everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.