Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
Care to share the better options for the money?
I have found that in the electronics department...you get what you pay for. Pay a little more for quality products (not saying SMC isn't, because they've been around forever) and you will get your R.O.I. on what you purchased.

Only thing I've used it Reedy and never been disappointed with any of their products.

TK
Old 12-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well, pre-ordered my B5RM. Can't wait to try it out! I plan to run a shorty pack.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

SMC is all that we run. All I can say is that the #s are for real the pack are what they say they are and the power is off the hook. Danny stands behind his stuff and has a great line of batteries. I run shorty, saddle, and a reg. size pack in all my off road. We never had anything go wrong with SMC packs as far as a puff in the case thats is not going to stop the pack from doing its job. besides you can't beat the price
Old 12-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a SMC shorty, and it is a great battery, has swelled as others say though.

I switched to Vant batteries, and couldnt be more pleased, best battery on the market for 2s shorty, roar legal, and 45$. Its a 4600mah 90c roar legal shorty.

Dirtcheaprc.com is where I get them from, can also get them on ebay. We have 8 or so of them now, and not a single has puffed or swolen.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel
I have found that in the electronics department...you get what you pay for. Pay a little more for quality products (not saying SMC isn't, because they've been around forever) and you will get your R.O.I. on what you purchased.

Only thing I've used it Reedy and never been disappointed with any of their products.

TK
I have seen a few reedy's puff and break the case on the first charge. Granted Reedy did replace the packs. As for the turnigy packs, just stay away. The case is pathetically soft. Also, I cycle and check the IR and capacity on my packs about once a months and save the results. After 6 race weekends, the turnigy has almost tripled its IR. And the pack is definitely feeling slower on the track. This "feeling" only seems to mater in 17.5 blinky to me. That being said, I am shopping around for a new battery manufacture. I have run most of the brands out there and most are pretty disappointing. The Venom Packs have been the worst. Horrible IR new and had several packs die from landing jumps. Although, they did replace those packs free of charge, I just ebayed them after the fact. I will probably try the Aero-Model packs next, once they get more in stock. Sadly, they dont sell saddles, which I may want also.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I will probably try the Aero-Model packs next, once they get more in stock. Sadly, they dont sell saddles, which I may want also.
Ahh.....but they do....

https://www.aero-model.com/4_159_197...2S80PRO-S.html
Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Sorry re-read post and it makes more sense
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know if people realize there is only a couple battery cell manufactures in the WORLD. So every company out there producing lipo packs potentially get their cells from the same place(China). The only company I am aware of that actually matches and test their cells before selling them is SMC. They even come with a sticker showing Ir and cell voltage.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
I don't know if people realize there is only a couple battery cell manufactures in the WORLD. So every company out there producing lipo packs potentially get their cells from the same place(China). The only company I am aware of that actually matches and test their cells before selling them is SMC. They even come with a sticker showing Ir and cell voltage.
There may only be 3 manufacturers, but there are A, B, C, and possibly D ratings from said manufacturers.

Also my SMC did NOT have an IR rating, just cell voltage.

Like I said, I am pleased with the performance of the SMC battery, but I race alot of roar rules events, under roar rules a battery can not be swolen or puffed, Danny at SMC told me all of their batteries do this, so unfortunately I had to find another battery company. Since the switch 8 months ago, no issues, and no complaints. Still use my SMC on practice days though, it does not lack performance, and gets great run time.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
There may only be 3 manufacturers, but there are A, B, C, and possibly D ratings from said manufacturers.

Also my SMC did NOT have an IR rating, just cell voltage.

Like I said, I am pleased with the performance of the SMC battery, but I race alot of roar rules events, under roar rules a battery can not be swolen or puffed, Danny at SMC told me all of their batteries do this, so unfortunately I had to find another battery company. Since the switch 8 months ago, no issues, and no complaints. Still use my SMC on practice days though, it does not lack performance, and gets great run time.
That's what I'm saying. At least with SMC they match their cells A,B,C or whatever. You know what you are getting. Can't say that for most other companies. As far as the sticker with Ir rating, that is something new. My older pack did not come with one. I have yet to puff either of my packs and I run them with my 4x sc which are amp hogs. Guess I have just been lucky.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
weird, when I was looking over the site I could not find them, but cool.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
The bottom of the chassis is still being developed but the top is complete. Thats why AE has only shown some of the top up until now
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
This has GOT to be the stupidest reply I have ever heard on this site.
Hideeho
Sarcasm font fail
Old 12-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I got some of these and they work great. A little more than SMC and a little less than ProTek packs but as good or better than anything out there. And I know a guy who will discharge at 20amps and immediately recharge at 40amps in blinky and they show no signs of puffing/damage.

https://www.aero-model.com/4_159_196...0-2S80PRO.html
I wish you guys would have started this portion of the conversation over the weekend. I have always used the Reedy's with great success but I am not a fan of the "new" 4100 pack it doesn't seem to have the punch of the old ones.

I picked up two of the Peak shortys yesterday.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ing-Pro/Detail

I was considering the SMC's but the puffing issue concerned me, Mat had I thought to ask your opinion I would have gone with the Aero-model's oh well next time...
Old 12-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
I wish you guys would have started this portion of the conversation over the weekend. I have always used the Reedy's with great success but I am not a fan of the "new" 4100 pack it doesn't seem to have the punch of the old ones.

I picked up two of the Peak shortys yesterday.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ing-Pro/Detail

I was considering the SMC's but the puffing issue concerned me, Mat had I thought to ask your opinion I would have gone with the Aero-model's oh well next time...
Those look pretty nice. I am still struggling with what battery to order. I want good batteries, good price. I really wanted SMC but the potential puffing really concerns me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.