Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jlemieux
ive been into RC along time but am just now getting into racing, I bought the B5 kit and set it up as manual states, im having a problem pushing in the corners can someone please help me resolve this issue? Thanks
Please read the thread, we have all tackled this issue numerous times.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
That's nowhere near 2-3 seconds a lap
Your right, my bad. More like 2-3 seconds out of a 5 min run. Still better!!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Please read the thread, we have all tackled this issue numerous times.
can you give me a page number or a link? to go through 160+ pages would take quite a bit of time
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Start on page 130'ish. and work up until now.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Start on page 130'ish. and work up until now.
Thank you
Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

To take away push entering a corner

You can try simple things first. Make sure your ride height is right, then maybe take out some rear camber or take out some rear toe. Add a liitle toe out in the front. There's alot of things to do but those are some easy ones
Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The stock spring for the front of the b5 rear motor is green which is one "stage" heavier than black. White comes stock on the b5m, which is two stages heavier than black.

The first thing I would change if my car has an evident push, is tire compound. Front push is cause by 2 things; A.) to much initial momentum, B.) more rear traction than front traction. If you have a push, it is because your car is not grabbing in the front end.

If changing the tires, and compound did not help, I would then go to making the shock softer. For instance, kit is 30 wt front oil, white spring. A white front is 3.15 I believe. I went to a thicker oil, of 32.5, but a black spring, which is 2 stages softer on spring. I went up on the oil, 1 stage because I didnt want to lose overall dampening, but wanted a softer feel of the front end for it to bite more. If I went to a green spring with harder oil, that is only 1 stage in both directions and would essentially yield no difference in feel.

At this point, I now had more front traction than rear traction, MUCH easier to deal with in my eyes. I tried different tires first again, helped but didn't cure. Went down to 27.5 shock oil from the kit recommended 30, and VOILA!

To each their own on setup, but this is my method of attacking traction related issues.. Always one change at a time, unless wtih my front shocks, two were needed to make that change effective.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holeshot114
At 702 last weekend i went from a 15/5:05 to a 15/5:03. In qualifying i got a 15/5:00 (almost got my first 16 lapper).
Nice. what class are you running? i will be there tonight
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
Nice. what class are you running? i will be there tonight
I'll be there Sunday for the points race. Im running expert mod, too bad im in the bottom of the pack lol.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

haha. yeah i'll be there sunday too. 17.5 sct and 17.5 buggy
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The first thing I would change if my car has an evident push, is tire compound. Front push is cause by 2 things; A.) to much initial momentum, B.) more rear traction than front traction. If you have a push, it is because your car is not grabbing in the front end.

If changing the tires, and compound did not help, I would then go to making the shock softer. For instance, kit is 30 wt front oil, white spring. A white front is 3.15 I believe. I went to a thicker oil, of 32.5, but a black spring, which is 2 stages softer on spring. I went up on the oil, 1 stage because I didnt want to lose overall dampening, but wanted a softer feel of the front end for it to bite more. If I went to a green spring with harder oil, that is only 1 stage in both directions and would essentially yield no difference in feel.

At this point, I now had more front traction than rear traction, MUCH easier to deal with in my eyes. I tried different tires first again, helped but didn't cure. Went down to 27.5 shock oil from the kit recommended 30, and VOILA!

To each their own on setup, but this is my method of attacking traction related issues.. Always one change at a time, unless wtih my front shocks, two were needed to make that change effective.
I thought kit spring was green front white rr?
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Legend

More help please Captcha.

Gticlay has the correct compound & tires already.

Can't understand how softer front springs or changing front oil & piston could help him.
So please explain how softer springs in front will cure on power push .

tip for those who need to know

On power push is cause by the front end raising while accelerating
Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Some help

Gticlay has the correct compound & tires already.

Can't understand how softer front springs or changing oil & piston could help him.
So please explain how softer springs in front will cure on power push .

tip for those who need to know

On power push is cause by the front end raising while accelerating
I could try a third limiter in front to keep it from lifting as much. The weight is a super easy thing to try as well.

BTW, it's not a bad push - just something I'd prefer to resolve than try to drive around.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15
The stock spring for the front of the b5 rear motor is green which is one "stage" heavier than black. White comes stock on the b5m, which is two stages heavier than black.
Originally Posted by 071crazy
I thought kit spring was green front white rr?
You both are right, I had the fron and rear reverse in my head. I did try with the kit spring, and still had push, hence why I went to the black front.

Also there are more contributing factors to front end push to more than just, "the front end raising" It is based off an overall lack of traction, WHATEVER may be causing it, not just it lifting off the ground.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You both are right, I had the fron and rear reverse in my head. I did try with the kit spring, and still had push, hence why I went to the black front.

Also there are more contributing factors to front end push to more than just, "the front end raising" It is based off an overall lack of traction, WHATEVER may be causing it, not just it lifting off the ground.
In the video you posted, your car "looked" like mine felt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.