Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
  #3106  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (39)
 
Franchize04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lil Roc AR
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

I am willing to trade my NIP Flat arms and tower for your NIP Gull wing setup. PM me
Franchize04 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 PM
  #3107  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
racer_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

anyone tried the schelle nova by any chance? if so...thoughts?
racer_guy is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM
  #3108  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
bilster44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sactown, Ca
Posts: 666
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer_guy View Post
anyone tried the schelle nova by any chance? if so...thoughts?
That is the same slipper as the Avid Triad...I really like mine.
bilster44 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM
  #3109  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,700
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer_guy View Post
anyone tried the schelle nova by any chance? if so...thoughts?
Same as avid setup
Just the schelle comes with the spring adapter to fit over shaft on b5 so you need to use the stock slipper spring setup.
Mxer59 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM
  #3110  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 203
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default B5M setup

Hey guys, one of the best Pacific NW driver's setup sheet for his B5M here.
There's actually 2 setups on there to try

http://2wdmod.com/2014/04/02/luke-sm...ing-b5m-setup/
sir_thomas is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 03:43 PM
  #3111  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

The VTS always seemed fine to me. I've never tried the Avid / Schelle. What makes it better exactly? I run mod.
rigor is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
  #3112  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
BillPear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The O.C. 92646
Posts: 748
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
The VTS always seemed fine to me. I've never tried the Avid / Schelle. What makes it better exactly? I run mod.
It was originally released before the VTS so many got it, I stay with it because, say it with me, it's lighter. And in MY OPINION(!) more consistent.

Last edited by BillPear; 04-03-2014 at 05:16 PM.
BillPear is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:30 PM
  #3113  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillPear View Post
It was originally released before the VTS so many got it, I stay with it because, say it with me, it's lighter. And in MY OPINION(!) more consistent.
Yeah I never grabbed the old Avid slipper setup for my B4.1 (running stock at the time). I was running my B44.2 a lot which had the VTS when it was brand new from AE, and it was way more consistent and easier to set than the old style slipper on on my old B44.1 , so I was happy.

Just bought a bunch of other new goodies for my B5m, so I'll have to yet wait again to try the Schelle slipper setup.
rigor is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  #3114  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sir_thomas View Post
Hey guys, one of the best Pacific NW driver's setup sheet for his B5M here.
There's actually 2 setups on there to try

http://2wdmod.com/2014/04/02/luke-sm...ing-b5m-setup/
Luke Smith is a monster... if you have a similar surface to TRCR, this is the guy to follow
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 PM
  #3115  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sir_thomas View Post
Hey guys, one of the best Pacific NW driver's setup sheet for his B5M here.
There's actually 2 setups on there to try

http://2wdmod.com/2014/04/02/luke-sm...ing-b5m-setup/
Most good indoor clay setups I've seen have been pretty similar, with very slight tweaks in oil / spring / roll centers
http://www.rctech.net/forum/13152007-post3075.html

Seems a lot are gravitating towards 3 x 1.4mm front pistons, and oils are getting lighter. Also the inside rear shock tower hole on the rear seems to be a popular option.
rigor is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM
  #3116  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (101)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,864
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
Most good indoor clay setups I've seen have been pretty similar, with very slight tweaks in oil / spring / roll centers
http://www.rctech.net/forum/13152007-post3075.html

Seems a lot are gravitating towards 3 x 1.4mm front pistons, and oils are getting lighter. Also the inside rear shock tower hole on the rear seems to be a popular option.
+1, the guys around here are running box stock set-up and loving it!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
  #3117  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
pumpkinfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Schwenksville, PA
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone adding weight? I noticed on the Yokomo thread, they are adding 11g to the nose when in mid motor. They also seem to like the gear diff.
pumpkinfish is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 PM
  #3118  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
+1, the guys around here are running box stock set-up and loving it!
I kinda hated the box setup. IMO the rear end was too loose (again, indoor clay). A few small changes really got the car more locked in.
rigor is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM
  #3119  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

as of late how dare you mention adding weight lol, im jk but alot of peers on here are doing everything in their power to shed weight. Car comes in at roughly 1550 gr. which in my opinion is pretty good. If i need a lil more steering or rear bite i will transfer a weight stack to either fron or rear and it seems to help. I run mod though, stock driver would probably frown on this tuning option.
Skeeter36 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 PM
  #3120  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
pumpkinfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Schwenksville, PA
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
as of late how dare you mention adding weight lol, im jk but alot of peers on here are doing everything in their power to shed weight. Car comes in at roughly 1550 gr. which in my opinion is pretty good. If i need a lil more steering or rear bite i will transfer a weight stack to either fron or rear and it seems to help. I run mod though, stock driver would probably frown on this tuning option.
I run mod also. 8.5turn feels great in this car on my track. Still curious about gear diff also. One guy with a Centro runs one and his car is always locked in.
pumpkinfish is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service