Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
does the b5 use reg wings like any 1/10 buggy wings? tryin to order some parts and they out of the b5 wings.
Yes normal wing but you may have to play with it a bit. The factory lexan is REALLY thin for both the wing and the body. I tried an Upgrade Vortex wing which is much thicker and couldn't get body clips in. I will have to modify to get that to work.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Yes normal wing but you may have to play with it a bit. The factory lexan is REALLY thin for both the wing and the body. I tried an Upgrade Vortex wing which is much thicker and couldn't get body clips in. I will have to modify to get that to work.
if this ends up being an issue, you might need to do the screw down mod
Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

My JC wing was not going on with the body clips I usually used on my B4.2 but when I tried the smaller clips the car comes with it was fine.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I can see with different thickness wings, that the screw in style might be really good. O n my car, the current wing is kinda thin, so I had to cut up an old wing to make a spacer to prevent the wing from flopping around.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow - great car. That is all.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jake S

mid body
I like that look--very sharp and sleek--is that body made by AE?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
if this ends up being an issue, you might need to do the screw down mod
Yea I'm thinking about it for sure...I was thinking about it for the B4.2 and that didn't need it at all.

Matt, yes I was trying to use the kit clips which are thinner than I was using with my B4.2. The Votrex wing is thicker than the JCon wings I have used in the past.

Honestly the kit wing held up better than I thought it would. I'm not the best racer and put some abuse on my wings so I was worried it would even make it through one race day but it still looks just fine.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jdemonto
Looks like we will see the B5m at the Cactus classic. After driving the B5rm I was going to cancel my B5m order now I'm not so sure. Can it really be any better?
Our AE pro (Chad Due) has been running the RM and feels it's as good as his Centro. He further stated that he thinks the B5M will be like cheating.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I found the problem with mounting my Novak Pulse in the B5. The guy on B5 Nation used a smaller cap. It's Novak #5690. I thought I'd pass that along in case somebody else has the same problem.
Bill
Old 02-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Well what can I say? Though I had to buy two kits to race at a local trophy race this weekend (first kit missing D block, AE has my replacement on the way) I am genuinely impressed with this buggy on every level so far.

I have been a long time Kyosho fan and after trying an SC10 and b4.2 in the past to only sell them with wearing issues and I never could get use to/tune the vehicles to my driving style.

After hearing everything about this buggy and wheeling a local factory drivers car I decided to pull the trigger. The build was amazing, even though I had a missing part, and could have just ran my tried and true rb6, I went and bought a second kit got the thing together Saturday and practiced that day. Box stock this thing felt as good if not slightly better then my RB6 after tuning that car for over a year. Note: 17.5 blink. It DOES jump better. It DOES steer more consistent. And IT IS easy to drive and predictable.

Race day qualified 4th out of 20. And had a rough main but still finished 7th and it was the most competitive I had been against the level of local competition in a long time. Didn't break anything, nothing wore badly or developed a. Ton of slop. And I'm gunna spend my day cleaning my new car, go over it and make a few changes (lengthen my front camber link just to gain a small amount of steering, and 1.6 pistons in the rear to hopefully gain a little more forgiveness on the overjump)

Bravo AE you took a long time hater and made me a believer well done

"Ducky"
Old 02-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great setups, thielke doesnt show rear hub position though, but I am assuming it is B.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you want a great thicker wing, check out the Leadfinger Racing Hammer wing
http://www.leadfingerrc.com/

it is very thick and resilient!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Great setups, thielke doesnt show rear hub position though, but I am assuming it is B.
Probably because he is running the aluminum hubs that are not available.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Look to the notes to the left of the setup sheet. It calls out the factory hubs with what position and spacing.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

just to stir all the others..

maybe he was testing a secret new upgrade!

Alright everyone, I drove Brandon's "Captcha" car after he and some buds were fiddling with settings/setups.
Yes, its true. Most of the slop is gone at initial build stage. The rear arms were beautifully snug and the front arms are probably going to be the best they can be without an upper wishbone in lieu of the turnbuckle.

On to the driving.
I think I might have had sloppy seconds after a few others had a turn at the wheel but I hope I was the first one to put it on its lid. It was on the 2nd "jump" which is literally a speed bump just out of a 180 and i was moving a long at a brisk 3 mph so it was just poetry in motion as the car flipped forward, nosed in on the front side of the "landing", and then teetered over. I even do this with my wore out B4 as its one of those race track obstacles that seemed okay in thought but the "execution of the build could have been better" type of things. The car responded well in all but 2 areas and the driver was to blame for that. I think it was 2 laps in and I was putting competitive lap times down even while failing those 2 spots. The steering is quite responsive that in fact I kept turning into the pipe after landing our big jump which just put me behind the pipe. Overall the car is pretty sweet. After 3 or 4 of us beat up on the car on sunday I believe it stayed in one piece minus a ball stud pulling out on the caster block. Not my doing!

Can't wait to see the first build up of the Mid Motor and then I'll make my decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.