Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Potato potahtoe.

U dislike the bulldog body and some if us detest the hideousness of the finnisher bodies.
The 44.2 body makes it look like and old lady with a square ass. REALLY kills the look of the car IMPO. Cab forward bodies are the current trend and some are well done but most are made just to feed the market with smithing different. Many claim aero improvements and very few deliver. Without the aide of fancy wind tunnel testing (which I'm confident almost no manufacturers use) common aero knowledge clearly shows that the older bodies offered superior aero in that they covers the air dams that are shock towers with an aero efficient cover sweeping air past the shock towers smoothly which then transitioned right into the wing.

Cab forward bodies are arro efficient up from and do a decent job of sweeping air right along to the rear of the body but with literally no up sweep, the air runs right into the shock tower which immediately disrupts the airflow and actually sends it outward innevery direction and less air is transferred directly onto the wing compared to the rear cab bodies. In all, this is merely the current trend and eventually someone might produce a body that's a happy medium with all the pluses and very few of the minuses.

You know that the squeegly red lines under the words you type are the spellcheck right? it helps you make sense!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
I'm pretty sure mine hasn't shipped yet and I'm a little pissed because the eBay add said if I paid in the next hour it would ship same day and I don't have any shipping info yet.
I guess we learned that you should support your local track or LHS.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
I am a club member and didn't see that discount. I used a 25 off coupon which made it 215. how did you get it for 200?
Mine was only $194 shipped from Tower. Now I don't remember what code bit it was here that I found it.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
So what's your guys opinion do you think AE will finally get rid of the Factory Team kits from here on out?

I noticed in the interview video with Bob it doesn't sound like the FT kits are needed in the new AE line-up.

http://youtu.be/xcnb5SPVawo
There will be a Factory Team kit (there always has been in the past), however as we have an opportunity to run the car for a while we can then determine what necessary parts or changes need to be made to make the car even better. There is not a current ETA on the FT kit but there are a LOT of FT parts that are available now (or very soon).

The car stock is VERY well equipped and does not 'need' anything, with only the clamping rear hexes being a nice convenience part. The steel turnbuckles are fine as well because the new ball cups are a larger diameter and longer so it supports more of the turnbuckle from buckling. Although, guys that are more weight conscious might switch to Ti for weight reduction.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
You know that the squeegly red lines under the words you type are the spellcheck right? it helps you make sense!
Burn me at the stake. I was on my iPhone when I wrote that but here it is with all the necessary corrections.

"Potato potahtoe.

U dislike the bulldog body and some if us detest the hideousness of the finnisher bodies.
The 44.2 body makes it look like and old lady with a square ass. REALLY kills the look of the car IMPO. Cab forward bodies are the current trend and some are well done but most are made just to feed the market with something different. Many claim aero improvements and very few deliver. Without the aide of fancy wind tunnel testing (which I'm confident almost no manufacturers use) common aero knowledge clearly shows that the older bodies offered superior aero in that they covered the air dams that are shock towers, with an aero efficient cover sweeping air past the shock towers smoothly, which then transitioned right into the wing.

Cab forward bodies are arro efficient up front and do a decent job of sweeping air right along to the rear of the body, but with literally no up sweep, the air runs right into the shock tower which immediately disrupts the airflow and actually sends it outward in every direction and less air is transferred directly onto the wing compared to the rear cab bodies. In all, this is merely the current trend and eventually someone might produce a body that's a happy medium with all the pluses and very few of the minuses.

"

Last edited by the incubus; 02-01-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillPear
@Bill, did you mean squiggly?!?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patiofurniture
@Bill, did you mean squiggly?!?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

There will be a Factory Team kit (there always has been in the past), however as we have an opportunity to run the car for a while we can then determine what necessary parts or changes need to be made to make the car even better. There is not a current ETA on the FT kit but there are a LOT of FT parts that are available now (or very soon).

The car stock is VERY well equipped and does not 'need' anything, with only the clamping rear hexes being a nice convenience part. The steel turnbuckles are fine as well because the new ball cups are a larger diameter and longer so it supports more of the turnbuckle from buckling. Although, guys that are more weight conscious might switch to Ti for weight reduction.

Many thanks Tim....
Old 02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So Tim do you have any opinion on the effectiveness of the cab forward
body designs?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I race what ever the marketing department tells me is fast!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JsK
So Tim do you have any opinion on the effectiveness of the cab forward
body designs?
In short, I don't think it is something most people need to worry about. I won't say it doesn't make a difference, but I think it is a very minor tuning option, especially on a 1/10 buggy compared to other cars.

A lot of times people worry about stuff like this instead of making sure their shocks, diff, tires or the rest of the car is well prepped. For example, I remember having someone ask if they should trim their truck wing down an 1/8" to try and get more steering meanwhile his suspension was bound up. Point, being to make sure the REALLY important stuff works well.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Nice plastics on this thing. Got mine done up to turnbuckles and shocks. Build is typical AE smooth and fast.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well, out at warehouse 3 tonight we had about 5-6 B5's out here racing. Just to confirm the Associated drivers are not allowed to run the older car once they receive a new car. They are also not allowed to run the centro bodies on the B5 .
Old 02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Anyone drive one yet?
Drove mine tonight. Very smooth, easy to drive fast and going to be hard to break (well maybe the rear axles). Well improved over the b4.

Last edited by Fabulous; 03-02-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

In short, I don't think it is something most people need to worry about. .
Especially since we really don't have a choice. Most non-cab-forward bodies have been discontinued.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.