R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

neu2this 06-23-2015 11:36 AM

With the new "V2" shock shafts that came out with the screws instead of eclips are you required to buy new pistons - or can you make the old ones fit?

Wildcat1971 06-23-2015 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by neu2this (Post 14065628)
With the new "V2" shock shafts that came out with the screws instead of eclips are you required to buy new pistons - or can you make the old ones fit?

you need the new pistons

daviboy 06-23-2015 06:57 PM

Servo horn

Hey everyone I just picked up a b5m . I'm going to install a savox 1258tg servo I have a tlr 22 horn on the savox now I test fitted it but the ae ball stud for the steering don't fit into the 22 horn unless I drill it out im not sure if anyone has done this or if there's a different ball stud I need for the tlr servo horn. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

lbckevin 06-23-2015 07:27 PM

I just run the stock servo horn. Never had a problem with it. Its the correct height for the car.

Mantis Toboggan 06-23-2015 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by daviboy (Post 14066241)
Hey everyone I just picked up a b5m . I'm going to install a savox 1258tg servo I have a tlr 22 horn on the savox now I test fitted it but the ae ball stud for the steering don't fit into the 22 horn unless I drill it out im not sure if anyone has done this or if there's a different ball stud I need for the tlr servo horn. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

The threads on the Losi horn are 4-40, the AE ballstud is 3mm. You could drill it out, but an aluminum horn with no servo saver is going to be really hard on your servo. If you crash more than maybe once a race, stick with the stock plastic AE horn.

There is a thread on here about a guy that had Savox servos with aluminum horns in AE vehicles, and now the servos have centering issues. When you crash a lot all the forces are transfered to the servo because an aluminum horn has no give.

Cridd 06-23-2015 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mason (Post 14065537)
I wouldn't be surprised if a Worlds Car comes out after the Worlds. Or at least the parts/conversion kit for our nearly full-time carpet brethren.

If they just tossed in the new fox shocks it could be a new version.

JeepnMike 06-23-2015 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Redsawacs (Post 14064079)
Thanks Mike, I have had a hard time finding the size of wheel I need (hex size). One site says I need an adapter to run 12mm wheels.

Can you confirm or deny that? I want yellow proline wheels....that shouldn't be too hard should it?

If you are absolutely sure you want to run Proline wheels, ordering them for a B5 can be a little confusing if you are weary. Proline doesn't anywhere list their wheels as being "for a B5". The wheels for the B4.2 with hexes are the correct wheels for a B5m, F&R.

The Proline wheels are pretty nice, well built, and have a different look, that is what I am currently running too.

daviboy 06-24-2015 02:18 AM

Thanks for the help guys I will put the plastic horn on it and run it like that . Thanks again everyone !!

trashedmaxx 06-24-2015 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by daviboy (Post 14066241)

Thanks

I just ran a 3mm tap into the 4-40 threads. Then put a thin 3mm nut on the back side. Have been running it that way for months.

bigcracing 06-24-2015 06:17 AM

I am upgrading my B5M stock gear box with the new aluminum V2 top shaft can that go in the stock gear covers or do I have to get the new V2 gear box covers

Thanks Chris

HBRob 06-24-2015 06:33 AM

HBRob 06-24-2015 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by bigcracing (Post 14066813)
I am upgrading my B5M stock gear box with the new aluminum V2 top shaft can that go in the stock gear covers or do I have to get the new V2 gear box covers

Thanks Chris

Same cover for v1 and v2. Change is bearing size in top shaft.

bigcracing 06-24-2015 07:47 AM

So the V2 top shaft will work in the old cover? Or should I buy new V2 cover and bearings?

Thanks Chris

Wildcat1971 06-24-2015 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigcracing (Post 14066922)
So the V2 top shaft will work in the old cover? Or should I buy new V2 cover and bearings?

Thanks Chris

v2 case and new top shaft bearings...gear cover is the same for 4 gear v2 as 4 gear v1

motorcitymatt 06-24-2015 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE (Post 14061268)
I run the +4 mount on my T5M and I honestly didn't feel any difference at all.

The claim from AE is the +4mm mount "improves stability". It is a little hard to quantify how this change affects the car when you consider how many things are impacted by the changes in geometry, which include but are not limited to the following:
  • Lowers the static roll center due to the increased length of the upper link (assuming the same locations and shimming are used on each side)
  • Alters camber gain due to the increased length of the upper link
  • Affects suspension as the rear shock gets laid down by moving the arm out
  • Reduces rear droop
  • The wheel rate increases (center line of the wheel closer to the outer hinge pin) See section 2.8 here: Wheel Rate
  • Having the center line of the wheel closer the outer hinge pin also reduces the amount of force transferred to the upper link
I leave it to you all to interpret how all this adds up to "improved stability". Maybe someone from AE would be willing to elaborate/explain the reasoning behind it?

I recently put the +4mm mount on the car but without being able to run it back-to-back under the same exact track conditions without it I cannot really say with confidence how it changes the handling characteristics. I might venture to say the rear end feels a bit more "locked in" on a medium/high bite indoor clay track but take that with a grain of salt.

If I have a chance to try the regular mount in the same session I will post my experience here.