R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

PFKAOG 06-16-2015 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by lbckevin (Post 14056973)
You can only get it from Stiky Liks Painting on Facebook.

Hobby Action sells them also

HeavyD99 06-17-2015 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE (Post 14055380)
Got a hold of SLRC. Emailed him through Facebook. All I can say is that if you think the Lite is awesome out of the box, you should try it with an SLRC chassis. It is not a milled stock chassis. Its a whole different chassis, made from a different aluminum, that is much higher quality than a mass produced stocker. I bought a car that had one installed already and now I've ordered one for each of my B5Ms and T5M. You can really feel the difference. They are really incredible. Best single product that I've bought lately.

I assume the Factory Lite was put together mostly for 17.5 racing. I run mod on a hard packed, tent covered, outdoor track. I run a 7.5. Is anyone else running the Lite chassis or this SLRC chassis in mod on a similar track surface? How do you like it? How does it feel vs. the stock chassis?

mschumi101 06-17-2015 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by rclove13 (Post 14057090)
3 gear vs 4 gear. I'm running 7.5 mod. What's better and why if u don't mind helping me decide

I also run a 7.5 mod car. I found 3 gear really only works inside on higher grip surfaces. The track needs to be consistent for it to really be noticable. On the right surface 3 gear can give you better corner speed. But it needs to be higher grip. 4 gear works well everywhere and is really needed on an inconsistent or loose track. 4 gear can also work well on high grip. It's just down to preference at that point.

buckeye dan 06-17-2015 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by HeavyD99 (Post 14057258)
I assume the Factory Lite was put together mostly for 17.5 racing. I run mod on a hard packed, tent covered, outdoor track. I run a 7.5. Is anyone else running the Lite chassis or this SLRC chassis in mod on a similar track surface? How do you like it? How does it feel vs. the stock chassis?

Tent covered? how big is track? pics?

HeavyD99 06-17-2015 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by buckeye dan (Post 14057637)
Tent covered? how big is track? pics?

http://youtu.be/xovMJMfez8I

It's a circus type tent we bought from a local events company, 130'x80' I think. It takes about a half dozen guys to put it up and take it down each season. You need a skid-steer as well to put up the main posts in the middle. There are a few tricks to getting it up and down safely, and some muscle power is needed, but it is well worth it!

We are having our big race in late July, it's on rcsignup. We have hosted Lee Martin and Tom Cockerill from the UK in recent years as well as we're lucky to have annual returnees Mike Schoettler, Mikey Brown, Toddie Anderson, Matt Olsen and Keven Hebert, I think I heard that Reno Savoya's coming as well, plus there are usually a few more surprise guests who make the trip up our way. It's all held at a 'club' sized airport for small planes, next to the Canadian Air Museum, all here in Ottawa.

Dino_D 06-17-2015 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by HeavyD99 (Post 14057727)
http://youtu.be/xovMJMfez8I

It's a circus type tent we bought from a local events company, 130'x80' I think. It takes about a half dozen guys to put it up and take it down each season. You need a skid-steer as well to put up the main posts in the middle. There are a few tricks to getting it up and down safely, and some muscle power is needed, but it is well worth it!

We are having our big race in late July, it's on rcsignup. We have hosted Lee Martin and Tom Cockerill from the UK in recent years as well as we're lucky to have annual returnees Mike Schoettler, Mikey Brown, Toddie Anderson, Matt Olsen and Keven Hebert, I think I heard that Reno Savoya's coming as well, plus there are usually a few more surprise guests who make the trip up our way. It's all held at a 'club' sized airport for small planes, next to the Canadian Air Museum, all here in Ottawa.

Having raced on your track for several years at the nationals. I always think that it has high grip. The fact that you can run electrons or ions is a good indication of grip. Plus it is moist during the whole event. I can't say if billy keeps the track that moist during your club races but the best would be to try out both the 3 and 4 gear and see which you like best. 3 gear runs flatter with less weight transfer, while the 4 gear has more weight transfer. It also has more grip as they stated in earlier posts.
Having run the durango before I tried both the 3 and 4 gear variants. For myself, I kinda like the less weight transfer better. Some of my team mates hated it though. But, It really depends on how you drive as well. Also you can't twist or scrub or do flight control as easily in the air with 3 gear.

3srcracing 06-17-2015 07:20 PM

What is the LCG tranny suppose to do?

And has anyone tried the LCG thats on Shapeways?

DG Designs 06-17-2015 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE (Post 14055380)
Got a hold of SLRC. Emailed him through Facebook. All I can say is that if you think the Lite is awesome out of the box, you should try it with an SLRC chassis. It is not a milled stock chassis. Its a whole different chassis, made from a different aluminum, that is much higher quality than a mass produced stocker. I bought a car that had one installed already and now I've ordered one for each of my B5Ms and T5M. You can really feel the difference. They are really incredible. Best single product that I've bought lately.

I got ahold of him on Sunday on FB and just finished installing it an hour ago. For those who really care its about 21 grams lighter than the regular B5M chassis but like everyone has said its different aluminum. From what i googled its a bit softer which is what i assuming makes it work so well. Ill give it a go on Saturday running 13.5 at SDRC.

robbie_gtc 06-17-2015 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dino_D (Post 14056093)
Looking forward to trading paint with you with a similar car.
:blush:

Oh man. Good to hear. The triple a race weekend will probably be my first trip to sids this year. Look forward to seeing another AE ride out there.

mschumi101 06-17-2015 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 3srcracing (Post 14058251)
What is the LCG tranny suppose to do?

And has anyone tried the LCG thats on Shapeways?

It's for carpet and astro racing. It lowers the cg and can help the car handle better on those surfaces. It's pretty much copying the Yokomo yz2 released for the worlds this year.

lbckevin 06-17-2015 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DG Designs (Post 14058386)
I got ahold of him on Sunday on FB and just finished installing it an hour ago. For those who really care its about 21 grams lighter than the regular B5M chassis but like everyone has said its different aluminum. From what i googled its a bit softer which is what i assuming makes it work so well. Ill give it a go on Saturday running 13.5 at SDRC.

I love my SLRC chassis and I have had it about 10 months.

Paul Tani 06-18-2015 04:38 AM

b5 rear arms on a b5m

Just looking for some input on why guys are doing this and what I can expect to be different from stock. Oh and right arm on the left side and left arm on the right

Mason 06-18-2015 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Tani (Post 14058586)
Just looking for some input on why guys are doing this and what I can expect to be different from stock. Oh and right arm on the left side and left arm on the right

I invite you to read through the first page. It will answer most of your questions.

3srcracing 06-19-2015 12:23 PM

If all your car wants to do is wheelie (with brass front bulkhead) is the only thing you can really do is loosen the slipper until you can barely clear the jumps?

Carpet racing w/ 7.5, or should I just turn epa down?

Mason 06-19-2015 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 3srcracing (Post 14060467)
If all your car wants to do is wheelie (with brass front bulkhead) is the only thing you can really do is loosen the slipper until you can barely clear the jumps?

Carpet racing w/ 7.5, or should I just turn epa down?

we really need to know your full setup. Chances are a 7.5 may be too much without some serious finger control or a lot of negative exponential.