Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

yep pre-ordered mine from tower for $225 shipped with their current code till 12/31.

i plan to just rob my b4.2 for turnbuckles, rear hexes, shock parts.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Has anyone heard if the body is going to be specific to the car, or is it the Centro body?
Old 12-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I plan to keep my B4.2 race ready for a while. For the first few months B5 parts may be iffy at the Hobby shop.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Has anyone heard if the body is going to be specific to the car, or is it the Centro body?
The body is specific to the car.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

While I want the MM, I've heard it won't be out till April? If so, planning to get the rear buggy and convert it when indoor opens again next October.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner
$100 (or more) for a battery is nuts, that includes full size cars.... paying almost half of the kit price for one battery is a bit out there for me. I'll have to 'stuff' some of my pro match shorty's in
Less than the cost of 4 gallons of nitro fuel, never mind the $250-300 engine that will be lucky to get through twice that amount before scrap. $100 for a good quality lipo is a bargain, we've just gotten spoiled.

Irony to the battery layout, we tried saddle packs on the original RC10 for a while and went back to stick packs, where we stayed up until the revival of mid motor cars.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So much complaining

AE wouldn't have made the car only accept shorties and saddles unless they thought it was going to win like that. They are not trying to 'screw' you people with stick packs (I only have stick packs), they are doing what they think will be more competitive. They still want to win championships and I doubt they would compromise that opportunity to win just to make us all switch battery packs, especially since we most likely won't all switch to Reedy.

As for the price on the brick, it's the same with shorties. Once more people start making the same design or a similar one, the price will probably drop. Especially once the cheaper brands start making them.

But back to a topic that actually matters other than complaining about something that we don't have yet and that we are not forced to buy...
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigH
Battery choices, seems that with the mid motor, you can run saddle packs or a shorty side ways but not front to rear like the rear motor car. Is this correct?
yeah.. it appears you can run a shorty sideways, but not lengthwise in the MM kit. Opposite in RM kit. you can run it lengthwise, but not sideways. (at least with an unmodified chassis, that is)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard

But back to a topic that actually matters other than complaining about something that we don't have yet and that we are not forced to buy...
I will buy the shortys, saddle packs or SQ pack, whatever I have the money. The AE engineer chimed in on the last thread and the reasoning for not allowing a full stick pack was because that is basically old shape technology from the NiCad days. That is a very poor reason not to include the ability to use a full size stick. Performance, weight and balance etc. are fantastic reasons for not including that, but that isn't what I was told when I asked.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by predu
Anyone notice the chassis in the release pics looks molded not aluminum
The main chassis on the mm is aluminum with molded side rails
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rear Motor for me!!

Ironically the description on Associated's site says they purposely built RM & MM versions because anything else would be a compromise, but I see the B5m to be a more refined patchwork design. Still, looks to be the best of the patchwork style MM cars available, but it I were going to go MM, the KF is the only check if consider because it is the only purpose designed and built TRUE MM car.

But this RMB5... Wowow WeewAh!

Brick pack looks killer but they better hug acorns with their ridiculous price. No thanks. There are far too many quality saddles out their for much, MUCH less!!! Reedy falls into the Jerry Seinfeld joke about the people in the airport not knowing the cost of things everywhere else in the world.

Can't wait to get my B5!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

4wd buggies don't use stick packs either!

Traditional full length lipo packs are based on old 6-cell NiCd and NiMH. However, batteries have continued to improve and the power output of smaller lipo batteries are better than early full length lipos. With that said the B5 and B5M use can use saddle packs and the Reedy square pack which are equivalent to full length pack. Although a LOT of people run shorty packs and I think you'll see batteries continuing to get smaller and additional ballast add where desired instead.

He spoke about the better balance/weight in there, just not as much as you (or I) would have liked. But I wasn't talking about having to buy the batteries I was talking about complaints about the car that would force those of us who only have stick packs (me included) to buy more batteries if we were to buy it. Honestly though, I don't see a need to upgrade to the new car (personally) but I do need to get a shorty pack and try out the different weight distribution. Seeing AE come out with these new models has definitely gotten me toying around with my 2wd buggy again though, that's for sure!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

funny this thread isnt as popular as the rm thread. I am so more interested in this then the rm
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

I wonder if it's just because everyone that follows AE and wants a MM car are either happy with the C4.2 or still tweaking it so that they can be happy. I like that AE came out with a new model and that they made two separate cars for RM/MM but I think the rushed decision to use the C4.2 in the Worlds hurt the release of this version of the car. At least they aren't losing business though because the two models are competing with themselves
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
I wonder if it's just because everyone that follows AE and wants a MM car are either happy with the C4.2 or still tweaking it so that they can be happy. I like that AE came out with a new model and that they made two separate cars for RM/MM but I think the rushed decision to use the C4.2 in the Worlds hurt the release of this version of the car. At least they aren't losing business though because the two models are competing with themselves
+1
I have a 2-B4.2 and 2-C4.2, going with RM first, will kick back on MM since C4.2 is new for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.