R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

racer1812 04-02-2015 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 13939610)
+1

also, anyone swapping out ball cups and if so what are you using?

:confused: Why would you want to?

kaiser 04-02-2015 12:26 PM

don't like'em thats why. tight. i'd prefer a ball cup that just fits right the first time. the rpm and jconcepts cups and even the replacement ae cups for the b4 are better IMHO. better fit anyway.

iTz Nicholas72 04-02-2015 12:30 PM

I'd much rather have to squeeze the ballcup with some pliers to loosen then up than to have to pop off one every time I wanted to adjust roll center, camber gain, or even adjust my diff.

Wildcat1971 04-02-2015 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 13939758)
don't like'em thats why. tight. i'd prefer a ball cup that just fits right the first time. the rpm and jconcepts cups and even the replacement ae cups for the b4 are better IMHO. better fit anyway.

AE is updating the cups to be more free. I am told the only way to make sure you get them though, is to order from AE directly, as shops might have old stock

kaiser 04-02-2015 12:32 PM

i've never had that issue in the past, doubt i would in the future.
i'd like cup that fit correctly instead of cups that are all goobered up from pliers. i guess i'm in the minority. :confused:

bilster44 04-02-2015 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 13939773)
i'd like cup that fit correctly instead of cups that are all goobered up from pliers. i guess i'm in the minority. :confused:

With out a doubt you are the minority. Stock cups work just fine, with just a little "adjusting" on some of them.

Mizchief 04-02-2015 02:25 PM

Yea they are also a must-have upgrade for the b44.3. I really like not having to pop them off and on the stud every time you need to adjust the slipper or something

Kraig 04-02-2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 13939773)

It is ok to be in the minority. You could always wrap your pliers in a towel or something and then squeeze. That should not leave a mark 99% of the time.

I think the AE balls are bigger than anything else on the market right now so it might be hard to find something that is a direct replacement. I could be wrong though.

lee111m 04-02-2015 03:35 PM

I thought they did a manufacturing change on the cups, so they would fit better?

Woulvesbaine 04-02-2015 03:37 PM

Anyone try the 3 gear yet? I find it odd that AE is going 3 gear on the ft lite. When I used to run Durango, 4 gear seemed to provide best forward traction for mm.

Cpt.America 04-02-2015 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cautrell05 (Post 13939588)
Has anybody run across titanium hinge pins yet? Looked around a bit and never found any.

Nick

Nobody runs titanium hinge pins that I know of... too soft and will surely bend too easily. It's one of the few places you typically want quality hardened steel. The factory pieces seem pretty bullet proof to me.

onefast8 04-02-2015 04:55 PM

For me, the advantage to titanium H-pins other than a slight weight savings would be eliminating the rust issue.

Logi Maker 04-02-2015 06:52 PM

Just polish the stock ones... they look titanium and perform like steel. Seriously... how much weight savings will you gain? :lol:

Is way to eliminate weight savings need... strap in a 7.5...:D

Mantis Toboggan 04-02-2015 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 13940157)
Nobody runs titanium hinge pins that I know of... too soft and will surely bend too easily. It's one of the few places you typically want quality hardened steel. The factory pieces seem pretty bullet proof to me.

Lunsford made them. I have a set in my XX4, and while they do bend easier than steel, if you don't smash off stuff all the time it isn't an issue. The full set on my XX4 still roll true on a glass surface.

As for the weight savings, you could feel the weight difference by hand very easily. The main thing is the outer pins save unsprung weight.

PFKAOG 04-02-2015 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 13940157)

I do. They work great