Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeHavo
So I am just getting back into after a 5 year hiatus and just picked up a B5M gonna run stock for a bit what kind of things do I need to do to the buggy to be competitive? (aftermarket parts) Thanks
If your running mod then nothing. 'Stock' on the other hand...

Too be honest I would concentrate on practicing your driving, this accounts for 90% of your end result
Old 04-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila
I was going to put a Futaba 9551 low pro servo in mine but the side where the wires come out the servo is in the way for me to screw in the blue aluminum servo holder. Is there a way I can make it fit without forcing it and pinching the servo wires???
I use the same servo in mine. I took the bottom of the servo case off and used my dremel a bit to widen the cutout where the wires come out. A new case is cheap if I decide to move the servo to another car down the road, but it keeps most of the pressure off of the wires.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I assume you are referring to me. I don't consider myself elite by any stretch... Im just opinionated, but express such opinions within the letter and spirit of the site. I spend countless hours of my own free time keeping this place a clean and friendly environment where people can come talk about RC. A large part of my time is taken up cleaning up bogus accounts, such as yours, created for no other reason then to come into threads like this, and create and spread drama.

And you're right, I do delete posts... I delete any post where people come in here and outright talk crap or trash talk the RC community as a whole, or everybody in this thread as a whole, (which has happened a half dozen times in this thread in particular, over the last few weeks) or who spout out personal insults, just like you have here. Leaving those posts UP is what creates a bad environment.

Seriously.. this is like the 10th warning by as many moderators in the last month. Lets stay on topic... The B5m.
Amen!
Old 04-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I missed the "big race" last weekend but got to run last night on the layout with the track still have very good grip, my car was very good, rotated well and was fast. I managed one hero lap of the night, but a few only .1-.2 slower ended up 2nd in the main. Here is a video of the track from the weekend:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...message_bubble
Old 04-01-2015, 08:53 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I like that simple flowing layout and the surface looks like modeling clay or play dough. Nice looking track. I also like the hustle the marshals put into their efforts. I know I am probably in the minority but I love marshaling. It was kind of hard to see on the back stretch but it looks like the race was decided by a bobble in the far corner? Nice close racing otherwise.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I am pretty sure he took every TQ, and every win through the entire series across all the tracks up here.

There always seems to be a guy or two who are regionally fast at all their local tracks.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bilster44
There always seems to be a guy or two who are regionally fast at all their local tracks.

yeah, we have a couple yahoos here named Spencer Rivkin and Ryan Maifield that think they are fast by winning all of our events.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

I talked to Matt from MIP and he said not to do it, but companies always act on the conservative side. Anyone using Bi-metal pucks with a 13.5 in the B5s? My daughters B5M outdrives are looking a little beat up. The pucks last forever in my car with a 17.5 and grease on the pucks. What kind of life can I expect with a 13.5? Keep in mind, I do not have her 13.5 cranked up. Some people say to use the shiny bones with the alum outdrives, but the only place to get those seems to be directly from MIP.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Some people say to use the shiny bones with the alum outdrives, but the only place to get those seems to be directly from MIP.
For 13.5 I would use the alum bones with the steel outdrives...the outdrives are going to wear the most I would think. You can get everything from Amain...just search 'pucks b5m'.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
For 13.5 I would use the alum bones with the steel outdrives...the outdrives are going to wear the most I would think. You can get everything from Amain...just search 'pucks b5m'.
Cool, it looks like amain added some more MIP Shiny parts a couple weeks ago. thx
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, he went to St. Louis in Feb for the JC race and ended up winning it if I remember correctly. He struggled at the beginning of that race, but was on pace when it counted.

The best thing is when the fast guys from sticky high grip tracks go to a low grip track and are two laps off pace. I'd love to see how Schoettler drives when his car isn't glued to the track.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Michael Schoettler has come up to our annual big race here in Ottawa Canada the past couple summers and raced on our outdoor/circus tent covered track of hard packed dirt/clay and put on a great display of racing against other factory drivers. Always great to see guys like him race. I gotta get his set up, but I doubt it'd work for my skill set, or lack thereof! Lol.

Fast guys are fast, everywhere.

This is just a club night:http://youtu.be/Qr5DExqRxFA
Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Yeah, he went to St. Louis in Feb for the JC race and ended up winning it if I remember correctly. He struggled at the beginning of that race, but was on pace when it counted.

The best thing is when the fast guys from sticky high grip tracks go to a low grip track and are two laps off pace. I'd love to see how Schoettler drives when his car isn't glued to the track.
High grip, medium grip, low grip.. he's a beast.... he's been a full ride factory driver for a while now, and only got faster in the B5m over his B4.2
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
yeah, we have a couple yahoos here named Spencer Rivkin and Ryan Maifield that think they are fast by winning all of our events.
I have heard those two are up and coming
Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

I just watched those two Schoettler mains...whoa, he is a beast! That white car in A3 tried to stay with him, but he is truly like a machine wheeling that 5M!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.