Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You can use saddles but the square pack looks bad ass.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S

atleast its not as bare bones as the original rc10b4 team kit was.
The one that Billky East on won world's with? ;-)

Originally Posted by trixter91
Hopefully nanotech comes out with a square pack cause a 100 bucks for 1 pack is max amps prices.
You didn't race back in the NiMH/nicd days, huh? I recall the 1st Losi short packs being a little pricey too, at least the square pack is a "whole" battery. I think it's great. We're starting to take advantage of lipo's flexible shape.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
The one that Billky East on won world's with? ;-)

You didn't race back in the NiMH/nicd days, huh? I recall the 1st Losi short packs being a little pricey too, at least the square pack is a "whole" battery. I think it's great. We're starting to take advantage of lipo's flexible shape.
Yea I raced back then but with gens ace and smc 100 bucks for a pack is a waste unless your competeing on like a pro level. I mean there are some exceptilns but 60 bucks you can get a killer pack.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

I mean dont get me wrong ill still probably drop 400 on 4 squares but hopefully they drop in price ya know.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trixter91
I mean dont get me wrong ill still probably drop 400 on 4 squares but hopefully they drop in price ya know.
I get ya. Racers can always go with a short pack and weights or saddle packs too. If the configuration proves superior then lower cost versions will follow.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
you say this, but in a b4.2 with a shorty and the esc in the tray, the weight distribution is within 95% the same.

Jake,

How can you say this do you have a B5-RM...?

I'm just saying from the looks of how the weight is spread through out the chassis it looks like the buggy could have some similar characteristics of MM & RM.

The weight placement is different on the B5 with the Reedy lipo than a B4.2 with a long pack or a shorty or Shorty with ESC in the tray you can see that from the pics.

Looks good to me.....
Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

$100 (or more) for a battery is nuts, that includes full size cars.... paying almost half of the kit price for one battery is a bit out there for me. I'll have to 'stuff' some of my pro match shorty's in
Old 12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Jake,

How can you say this do you have a B5-RM...?
photoshop ghost overlay comparison. with shorty its close, with the saddle, yes it put more weight on the front.

i should have saved it to post. ill see if i can get the pics again.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner
$100 (or more) for a battery is nuts, that includes full size cars.... paying almost half of the kit price for one battery is a bit out there for me. I'll have to 'stuff' some of my pro match shorty's in
When the reedy SQ came out it was 154.99, now that is crazy.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I still don't understand why you would limit purposely, the type of battery in a vehicle. MM kits that don't have room, 4wd kits that need saddle packs etc I totally get. But the RM B5 clearly has the room, easily has the room, why partition it off and punish those that use standard packs?
Old 12-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
why partition it off and punish those that use standard packs?
to sell more stuff....
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
to sell more stuff....
to be able to mount the esc in the tray legally? you should be able to easily make a shelf for the esc and rx and run a full pack.

narrow 2wd is what every company really is doing. this was associated take on it, i like then doing that tho, for the people that get a RM and a MM, it will be the SAME BATTERY in both.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I still don't understand why you would limit purposely, the type of battery in a vehicle. MM kits that don't have room, 4wd kits that need saddle packs etc I totally get. But the RM B5 clearly has the room, easily has the room, why partition it off and punish those that use standard packs?
so where would the esc and receiver go with a stick pack? And please dont say an esc shelf..... You also apparently see no advantage to using saddles in this configuration. Many people on other chassis are mounting packs width ways across the chassis to help change the bias for stability. They have done it most recently on the RB6. In the past we add weight on the outside by putting weights, the esc and receiver to give that stability. But then everyone wanted inline to make the car more nimble. But ROAR said "NO" to putting electronics in the trays, because a shorty or saddle could not fit without removing the electronics. I know most people dont race roar and dont care, but there are many, to include their own factory drivers, that do. Could they have made a chassis that accepted stick, up the middle, shorties with inline electronics and saddle across for the most weight tuning? Sure. Would the car still be legal or drivable? probably not. So several companies are now starting to configure cars for saddles and shorties only. I also mostly use stick packs, but I will happily sell them and pickup saddles or shorties if the b5 drives as good as it looks.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Saddles and shorties look to be gaining popularity. B5 probably was tested and performed better with set configuration. Like the day they stopped putting cassettes in cars and punished those with tapes. Progress ain't cheap.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pre ordered!!
I figure as these kits sell the Reedy 5800 square battery will probably be hard to get. So order one of those as well. Plus turnbuckles!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.