Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

no
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

I moved my receiver (airtronics rx-371, #92524) and speedo (tekin rs) inline, also shortened up the wires a bit as they were never "fitted" for this car when I originally did them. Rx is in front, esc is part way into the battery tray using stock battery brace. I also ran the sensor wire underneath the battery after relieving some of the underside of the back part of the tray to make sure the wire did not get pinched. I have enough room for 3 battery spacers to move battery around. currently 2 spacers in the back. Unfortunately I did not get to scale the car before or after (whoops). With all the cold fronts coming through the air has been really dry causing the track to dry out more than normal this weekend so the first half of the first round was a little slow. There is definitely a noticeable difference in weight bias. With this electronics layout/tires the car pushed more than normal but by the mains the track came around to the car so I was able to push harder comfortably but the car was still tight in the groove in some areas. The only changes I had time to make was to lower the roll center. (1mm spacer on stock inner mounts front and rear from 0 at last sunday's test n tune) I'm still not happy with the front end gripping inconsistently through out the event so it's probably time to play with it again. I'm pretty sure some of this is slacking on shock upkeep.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

some things I do differently from your video is I put some oil on the shock shaft, slime up the seals and build that package onto the shaft. Obviously you can boof up an o-ring when putting the seal into the shock body depending on which shaft end you use and how gentle you are. The other deal and probably would make this far easier for everyone is to pre-thread your shock eyelets with one of the other kit screws. The other thing I do is put a drop of oil on my finger and lube up all the external o-rings. It makes me feel better if anything

props to proper usage on "meniscus"

Last edited by Cpt.America; 02-09-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spam
Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Prophet

I also lube the shaft. It just feel better when I slide it in.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
some things I do differently from your video is I put some oil on the shock shaft, slime up the seals and build that package onto the shaft. Obviously you can boof up an o-ring when putting the seal into the shock body depending on which shaft end you use and how gentle you are. The other deal and probably would make this far easier for everyone is to pre-thread your shock eyelets with one of the other kit screws. The other thing I do is put a drop of oil on my finger and lube up all the external o-rings. It makes me feel better if anything

props to proper usage on "meniscus"
+1 on installing on the shaft.. Ive F'd up multiple orings that way..

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I also lube the shaft. It just feel better when I slide it in.
lol.. frazeing
Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by WonTonsChicken
+1 on installing on the shaft.. Ive F'd up multiple orings that way..

lol.. frazeing
2 things I do to my builds. Use xrings and I replace the crappy button head screws with cap head screws. Especially on the alum caps. More screw material to bite into and lower risk of stripping out the head.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
People actually use the red o-rings?

Why?
Because not everyone can justify the $8 price difference for the performance gain.

Some may not be able to notice the difference, on the track, why should they spend the money?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The red o-rings were fine on v1 big bores. On v2, they're horrible because the bladder is smaller and it really compresses them. Even brand new, they stick like crazy. On the v1 big bores, you could run a set of reds forever because they leaked at first, then they swelled up and sealed and wore in perfect. Now you need the clear x-rings to have a smooth shock. Kinda a lateral movement that was best for racers building their shocks more often, but not so good for the hobby guy.

Wayne
Old 02-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Because not everyone can justify the $8 price difference for the performance gain.

Some may not be able to notice the difference, on the track, why should they spend the money?
I built my b5m with the x rings, as previous AE cars with red orings had leaky shocks within 3 race days. I have not had one leak yet with the x rings, and if it does, it's so minimal I don't see it. Thats worth it to me.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

i was going to buy the mip gear box to just run up and down the street was not a good move i got the 3 gear box from ae
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Don't quote that crap, just report it.

(referring to the now deleted vulgar troll post)
Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if the B5M Lite will came with the VTS slipper? Apparently it seems so and I don't really understand why if the car is aim for high bite tracks

Looking at this past weekend photos of the Jconcepts indoor national series, none of the AE guys were using the lite version. Do you know why?

I am going to buy a new b5m and I am not sure that the lite version is the way to go for mid class on medium traction tracks.

And why is the gear diff (91461) out of the stoco everywhere?

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fmm
Does anybody know if the B5M Lite will came with the VTS slipper? Apparently it seems so and I don't really understand why if the car is aim for high bite tracks

Looking at this past weekend photos of the Jconcepts indoor national series, none of the AE guys were using the lite version. Do you know why?

I am going to buy a new b5m and I am not sure that the lite version is the way to go for mid class on medium traction tracks.

Thank you in advance!
V2 slipper (2 pad)
Old 02-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
On v2, they're horrible because the bladder is smaller and it really compresses them.
Bladder?

Reds seem fine to me /shrug
Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fmm

Thank you in advance!
Are you identifying which B5m they are running based on their chassis? In talking with an e-acquaintance at AE, they don't have the cars / parts yet either.

You and I are both chasing down the same cat.. The Lite car is the only next release, we are going to have to figure out how well it works in mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.