Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

no fan should be needed.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
while that is true.... If you can wait, I would. If you have more money than sense, just buy the current car. But keep in mind, the lite comes with a lot of standard upgrades like the alum camber block, alum top shaft, alight weight motor plate, ti turnbuckles and the factory team bearing set. You save a ton of money by waiting. if you cant weight, I would buy a lightly used car with most of the upgrades for cheap, since people are dumping their cars.
But would you want the 3 gear for mod?

Looking at the pictures, it also comes with B5 front arms.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeepnMike

a 4 gear case, motor plate an idler gear are cheap. compared to the ti turnbuckles, bearing kit and all the other goodies.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yep
Old 02-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
a 4 gear case, motor plate an idler gear are cheap. compared to the ti turnbuckles, bearing kit and all the other goodies.
Thanks for the replies. I was asking for the OP asking about the new kit, and for me as well (running the new car in mod). I did what journalistic duties I could today and am coming to the conclusion that there isn't going to be a B5m FT and this Lite is the next new thing and that is it for a while.

I have been running a B4.2 (mod) and have been procrastinating getting a B5 waiting for the FT kit. I am obviously not a hardcore racer, but I do like to build nice buggies. I love researching here, learning, buying, trying, building, etc. I have popped in and out of this thread since it started but haven't read it all, so I am far from an expert on what works on this B5m platform. From what I can tell, the 3 gear is a little questionable and possibly dare I say "sketchy"? It looks like some don't like it in stock, which is exaggerated even more running mod?

If you were me, would you buy the Lite, throw in a 4 gear tranny for mod, and enjoy? One thing that drives me nuts about this new car, it doesn't come with aluminum steering components. I know that is no big deal, it was just one of the little things on my wish list for what I was wanting in the FT kit.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Yep
Yep to both?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks for the replies. I was asking for the OP asking about the new kit, and for me as well (running the new car in mod). I did what journalistic duties I could today and am coming to the conclusion that there isn't going to be a B5m FT and this Lite is the next new thing and that is it for a while.

I have been running a B4.2 (mod) and have been procrastinating getting a B5 waiting for the FT kit. I am obviously not a hardcore racer, but I do like to build nice buggies. I love researching here, learning, buying, trying, building, etc. I have popped in and out of this thread since it started but haven't read it all, so I am far from an expert on what works on this B5m platform. From what I can tell, the 3 gear is a little questionable and possibly dare I say "sketchy"? It looks like some don't like it in stock, which is exaggerated even more running mod?

If you were me, would you buy the Lite, throw in a 4 gear tranny for mod, and enjoy? One thing that drives me nuts about this new car, it doesn't come with aluminum steering components. I know that is no big deal, it was just one of the little things on my wish list for what I was wanting in the FT kit.

Thanks again for your help!
The 3 gear is less traction, which translates into more steering. sort of. you may want 4 gear for lesser bite tracks. I run on high grip with slicks. The 4 gear/3 gear is just a tuning option. I do not see why this car could not be great in mod. I am willing to get that for our US tracks, the pros will be running the light weight chassis. And we have no idea how the extra milling will effect flex. it may even add traction. I see no reason to buy the current car, with the lite around the corner. you can add the steering rack if you like, even though it is useless. And I agree, this is the only FT you will see for a while. I could be wrong, but AE does not normally release 2 versions of the same chassis at once. next january? who knows. IMO, I can see the current car being phased out, in light of the "Lite" model.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help Wildcat. I will likely do just as you said.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A few of us have been running the 3 gear on our indoor clay track, med to high bite, and it didn't really feel like it took away any traction or forward bite, it just made the car easier to drive.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Ok! Thank you very much for all the comments.

So my preliminar conclusion is that I should wait for the lite version, as I I will get more value for money. Then I can invest very easily in a 4 gear transmission and made the comparison myselft.

However, I am still wondering if the lower weigth of the car is beneficial for mod class, carpet tracks and slicks tires, where forward bite is not really really high. Any views on that?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by fmm
Ok! Thank you very much for all the comments.

So my preliminar conclusion is that I should wait for the lite version, as I I will get more value for money. Then I can invest very easily in a 4 gear transmission and made the comparison myselft.

However, I am still wondering if the lower weigth of the car is beneficial for mod class, carpet tracks and slicks tires, where forward bite is not really really high. Any views on that?
you can always run a square or saddles for for weight. I got my car to 1550 and I ran mod on high bite clay. it was fine in handling. again weight can be added.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

has anyone had problems with quality of kit. i just recieved mine yesterday the ft ball stud washers half of them are missing and ones that are in kit there is not 2 the same thickness. the rear ball stud mount has a twist in it. i never seen associated let these things happen in all years i been racing always had associated cars.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ww29
has anyone had problems with quality of kit. i just recieved mine yesterday the ft ball stud washers half of them are missing and ones that are in kit there is not 2 the same thickness. the rear ball stud mount has a twist in it. i never seen associated let these things happen in all years i been racing always had associated cars.
Call AE.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:17 AM
3de
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Questions?? electric noobie question

Sorry for the noob question, been outta the car loop for a few years, my last was a xray 808 09'.. Just bought a b5m and wondering ballpark a good modified motor speed controller combo. I have zero experience with electrics and a little guidance would be much appreciated. I have searched, but so many numbers Im just a bit lost. Sorry again in advance.
I plan to run at Nor-Cal Hobbies once I get this set up.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3de
Sorry for the noob question, been outta the car loop for a few years, my last was a xray 808 09'.. Just bought a b5m and wondering ballpark a good modified motor speed controller combo. I have zero experience with electrics and a little guidance would be much appreciated. I have searched, but so many numbers Im just a bit lost. Sorry again in advance.
I plan to run at Nor-Cal Hobbies once I get this set up.

Welcome back! Youll absolutely love the b5m but I honestly would recommend running stock for at least your first year back. It really makes you a better driver bc you have to focus on your lines and how to hold speed. But if you really want to run Mod (and at that track) I would recommend a 10.5 and if you want more just boost it. I know when I started running stock from running an 8.5 I started running faster and more consistent lap times so don't over motor yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.