Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the MIP bypass kit in their shocks? Just put them in last week, to give me a bit faster rebound (valve on top of piston) and really did not notice too much of a difference. My theory was to get it to transfer quicker from side to side when running through an S section. Anyone try this, and if so , suggestions or thoughts?
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
sorry for off topic, I use different batteries in my B5M for stock racing and can't remember the last time I checked their IR so thought I would ask. We were discussing Reedy and Orion batteries a few pages back and their performance in a B5M and I shot off topic.

Socket thanks for info.

I moved from a front at 1.6 at 32 to a 1.4 at 32 with grey and have the rear at 1.6 green tonight in stock, felt pretty good. My son ran the old B4.2 bumper which looked huge now a days, but looks to protect much better. Now is that back on topic .
It's fine for the questions, that's why it's called a forum!
Old 02-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Whats a good battery resistance and what is not good and should get rid of the battery?

The good, bad and ugly.
well...depends on what you are using to check the IR. Different tools will read differently. If you track you packs from the time they are new, you can trend their IR. For instance, if they started out at 2 for the pack and not they are 8, that could imply that it is time to sell. Locally most everyone is using the icharger 406b. Thus, we can compare numbers from different packs and what not. On my 406b, I would prefer my race packs to be under 3. But currently, they are around 4 to 4.5. Since my battery vendor went out of business, I am on the hunt for a good replacement pack. And please dont say SMC, their number are not very good and get worse quickly.

A buddy of mine was asking me the same thing. I put his batteries on my charger to check the IR. They all read like 8-10. He bought a couple new packs that read around 3-4. He said their was a noticeable difference in 17.5 buggy over his old packs.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
well...depends on what you are using to check the IR. Different tools will read differently. If you track you packs from the time they are new, you can trend their IR. For instance, if they started out at 2 for the pack and not they are 8, that could imply that it is time to sell. Locally most everyone is using the icharger 406b. Thus, we can compare numbers from different packs and what not. On my 406b, I would prefer my race packs to be under 3. But currently, they are around 4 to 4.5. Since my battery vendor went out of business, I am on the hunt for a good replacement pack. And please dont say SMC, their number are not very good and get worse quickly.

A buddy of mine was asking me the same thing. I put his batteries on my charger to check the IR. They all read like 8-10. He bought a couple new packs that read around 3-4. He said their was a noticeable difference in 17.5 buggy over his old packs.
How do you check IR? I have the Hitech quad charger, is that possible to check with that??
Old 02-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fyrmed2
How do you check IR? I have the Hitachi quad charger, is that possible to check with that??
You should check your manual. He is using an iCharger 406 Duo to get his numbers.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-406duo.html
Old 02-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anybody have an idea of when the B5M Lite will be available?

I originally got the B5 RM because our track was generally lower traction, but has gotten quite a bit better recently so I'm thinking about switching to the B5M. What setup changes should I be looking at going from the RM to MM? I got the RM used and the setup felt great to me so I've never even messed with it.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heinen81
Has anyone tried the MIP bypass kit in their shocks? Just put them in last week, to give me a bit faster rebound (valve on top of piston) and really did not notice too much of a difference. My theory was to get it to transfer quicker from side to side when running through an S section. Anyone try this, and if so , suggestions or thoughts?
I would also like to know if anybody uses these or has tried them? I run them in my SCTE 2.0 and MIP Pro8 and they work great there.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Joe!

Its Nick up at Innovative, with the all black 44.3 and B5M. Pit across the aisle from you.

The Lite, I was told by Sarah down at Trackside, was supposed to be March.

I'll tell you one thing, the B5M is right on the edge of either being really good or just average at Innovative. Andy has his dialed, and Brian and I have been close but still have a push in and loose off once the track takes dust. When we get there, practice and round 1 they are amazing, but as the 2nd round and mains start... it is a real battle for steering and traction, especially if the track isn't blown off beforehand. Vaughn runs the RM, and it looks like he has plenty of both, consistently throughout the night. I actually bought a Schumacher KR to give RM a try, just to see if there is anything to gain for myself. Its just hard to say the B5M is the way to go, when the track really isn't consistent from week to week... one week it holds moisture and the MM feels great, the other it dusts over, and it becomes a handful. If you want to try my B5M this weekend, just come over and tak'er for a spin. Just installed the bi-metal shiny drive, lightened top shaft and Fantom HT motor.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Socket
You should check your manual. He is using an iCharger 406 Duo to get his numbers.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-406duo.html
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default What are you running for setup?

What are you running for setup as our track at RJD Hobbies in Lincoln, IL goes from tacky to light dust and slick by the end of the night some times but I have been very happy with the B5m as well as many others. With that said there are a few RMs that hang right there but does not seem to be a clear advantage by the end of the night, but when traction is up the B5ms are much faster... Let me know as I can share our current setup as well that is work for us.

Originally Posted by heinen81
Hey Joe!

Its Nick up at Innovative, with the all black 44.3 and B5M. Pit across the aisle from you.

The Lite, I was told by Sarah down at Trackside, was supposed to be March.

I'll tell you one thing, the B5M is right on the edge of either being really good or just average at Innovative. Andy has his dialed, and Brian and I have been close but still have a push in and loose off once the track takes dust. When we get there, practice and round 1 they are amazing, but as the 2nd round and mains start... it is a real battle for steering and traction, especially if the track isn't blown off beforehand. Vaughn runs the RM, and it looks like he has plenty of both, consistently throughout the night. I actually bought a Schumacher KR to give RM a try, just to see if there is anything to gain for myself. Its just hard to say the B5M is the way to go, when the track really isn't consistent from week to week... one week it holds moisture and the MM feels great, the other it dusts over, and it becomes a handful. If you want to try my B5M this weekend, just come over and tak'er for a spin. Just installed the bi-metal shiny drive, lightened top shaft and Fantom HT motor.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Fyrmed2
How do you check IR? I have the Hitech quad charger, is that possible to check with that??
no the hitec cannot do IR.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JFuel11
What are you running for setup as our track at RJD Hobbies in Lincoln, IL goes from tacky to light dust and slick by the end of the night some times but I have been very happy with the B5m as well as many others. With that said there are a few RMs that hang right there but does not seem to be a clear advantage by the end of the night, but when traction is up the B5ms are much faster... Let me know as I can share our current setup as well that is work for us.
IMO, the MM is a good car. But if you have changing track condition, you need to be on top of your tires and read the track. I find this activity to be lessened with the RM car. Tires are always important, but IMO the RM is easier to use when the traction levels constantly change. I know a few drivers running MM on ever changing traction, but that have the tire game down. They often use different tires for the first qual, second qual and the main. Because traction comes up as the night goes. I run slicks on tracks with consistent grip, so IMO the MM is a better car than RM. The skinny is, know your tires and what works when.

Last edited by Wildcat1971; 02-05-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
so IMO the MM is a better car than MM. The skinny is, know your tires and what works when.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Fixed :P
Old 02-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JFuel11
sure! sounds good. See attached.

I agree wildcat, i start out on bar codes, but choose the electrons when it develops dust, as they seem the best for me.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-2-5-2015-12-06-57-pm.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.