Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
It's like everyone forgot that we've been running the 3 gear forever! Lol
Not in a mid motor car.

That said, Kody has been running the 3 gear in mod with zero complaints, and a few Reedy Race heat wins also.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Not in a mid motor car.

That said, Kody has been running the 3 gear in mod with zero complaints, and a few Reedy Race heat wins also.
That's true!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

So the team kit is truly obsolete for a person who doesn't have the B5M I think would be a safe to say. Correct? I can't think of a reason...
Old 02-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aeRayls
The original is just a team car which is always the first offering from AE = the basic kit. Then comes the factory team car... The Lite car is a new offering for the ever booming (weight crazed) stock guys.

The Factory team car will be the all around racer kit, the team kit will fade away and then there'll be RTR's with all basic parts that were in the team kit.
I agree with the weight crazed stock comment. Its getting ridiculous and this BM5 Lite feeds right into it. Running carpet or super high bite? Absolutely overall weight can be a factor, but for the club race driver...which 90% of its B5M customers are, we are running on low to medium bite tracks that generally wont respond well to most of what that "must have" new car will come with. I would keep your B5M and spend that $270 on tires, a bi metal puck system, aluminum top shaft and other ways to save rotating weight. The one thing that seems to kind of keep a B5M competitive on a loose track is a slightly heavier chassis to keep the car planted. I just hope people dont feel the need to replace the B5M they have been working hard a year on, to get competive on low to med bite tracks, for something that will take them out of the ball park again just because TA rolls out another "must have".
Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know if this has been talked about yet but don't you think the new B5m lite will have an issue with those front axles? Didn't Associated try those non-steel before in B44? And they were horrible, snapping all the time.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heinen81
I agree with the weight crazed stock comment. Its getting ridiculous and this BM5 Lite feeds right into it. Running carpet or super high bite? Absolutely overall weight can be a factor, but for the club race driver...which 90% of its B5M customers are, we are running on low to medium bite tracks that generally wont respond well to most of what that "must have" new car will come with. I would keep your B5M and spend that $270 on tires, a bi metal puck system, aluminum top shaft and other ways to save rotating weight. The one thing that seems to kind of keep a B5M competitive on a loose track is a slightly heavier chassis to keep the car planted. I just hope people dont feel the need to replace the B5M they have been working hard a year on, to get competive on low to med bite tracks, for something that will take them out of the ball park again just because TA rolls out another "must have".
maybe they will make a heavy edition for you with +70 grams of weight. Imo, rear motor is for the conditions you describe.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So the team kit is truly obsolete for a person who doesn't have the B5M I think would be a safe to say. Correct? I can't think of a reason...
If you're a stock driver then yes. However, they wouldn't have designated it as "Lite" if that was going to be the only Factory kit.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kbish76
I don't know if this has been talked about yet but don't you think the new B5m lite will have an issue with those front axles? Didn't Associated try those non-steel before in B44? And they were horrible, snapping all the time.
On the original FTB4 yes, they had blue alum screw-in axles up front. Those things snapped like tooth picks on high bite. Of course there's always that one guy who never had an issue lol

I see these being better. A lot thicker than the old ones.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
maybe they will make a heavy edition for you with +70 grams of weight. Imo, rear motor is for the conditions you describe.

Honestly I'll never go back to rear motor. I can make the M generate so much grip I'm not worried. Last July 2 very good drivers at our Regionals dropped their rear cars for the mid. They were ballistic with them on a real outdoor track with light fluff using double dees and flipouts. This is also before we were using the rear motor rear arms and brass pieces. We've also figured out a lot about the mid car since then.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Cole and Chad both ran the 3 gear tranny last night at trackside and both said it was decent. I think with some practice and setup changes it will be as good if not better than the 4 gear in mod.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

If you're a stock driver then yes. However, they wouldn't have designated it as "Lite" if that was going to be the only Factory kit.
This "lite" version will Handle mod no problem
No reason to have 3 versions of the same car
Old 02-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm struggling to decide weather to go rear or mid motor. My local track is low to med grip and med size track. As of now my mind is on mid motor, and for one reason. The rear motor is going away. Mid is the way things will be moving forward. That's why you don't see them coming out with a rear T5. So we might as well get the mid and start to learn how to drive it.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by storm800
Cole and Chad both ran the 3 gear tranny last night at trackside and both said it was decent. I think with some practice and setup changes it will be as good if not better than the 4 gear in mod.
For sure Jim, there's a lot of potential there. With the tracks I run on being medium bite and rough, the 4 gear is great.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

This "lite" version will Handle mod no problem
No reason to have 3 versions of the same car
I'm not saying it can't handle mod no problem... I'm just saying what it's marketed for.

Who wants to make a bet about there being a Factory Team car besides the Lite?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

I'm not saying it can't handle mod no problem... I'm just saying what it's marketed for.

Who wants to make a bet about there being a Factory Team car besides the Lite?
I bet no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.