Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
My 3 gear review is simple, it's good Less good in dusty conditions, the thing I noticed most was it unloading the rear under braking.
so when braking your ass end would get a little skittish and feel really light?
Old 01-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
so when braking your ass end would get a little skittish and feel really light?
Yes, we have an off camber 180 hairpin where I noticed the most, it's not a huge difference, but it was noticeable, I turned down the brake a little to compensate. I was more consistent overall this week, hotlap was the same.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Just throwing my two cents in, I have the associated 3 gear in my b5m running stock 17.5 with puck system, I see a couple differences, First off less rear traction but I personally like it better than when I couldent get the front to hook up, We run on medium to high bite clay, If definitely feels more consistent in lap times and a slight more predictable, But now I can clear most the mod jumps the stock isnt getting close to, So I say the 3 gear is a win, Gonna experiment with saddle ran as a square pack tommorow, As it is I have the shorty all the way back amd speedo right in front and the ass end is still a little slick even when traction does come up.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt777
Just throwing my two cents in, I have the associated 3 gear in my b5m running stock 17.5 with puck system, I see a couple differences, First off less rear traction but I personally like it better than when I couldent get the front to hook up, We run on medium to high bite clay, If definitely feels more consistent in lap times and a slight more predictable, But now I can clear most the mod jumps the stock isnt getting close to, So I say the 3 gear is a win, Gonna experiment with saddle ran as a square pack tommorow, As it is I have the shorty all the way back amd speedo right in front and the ass end is still a little slick even when traction does come up.
I plan on running with a square pack. OCRC is probably similar traction wise and all the really fast guys run shorties. I am thinking the extra weight will be good for me since i don't run very often.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I plan on running with a square pack. OCRC is probably similar traction wise and all the really fast guys run shorties. I am thinking the extra weight will be good for me since i don't run very often.
The square pack will be quite a bit more weight. With the 3 gear you want to put more weight further back. Myself and another driver at ocrc took our pucks out and are running the stock diff parts. I moved my shorty all the way back and my esc and receiver as well while using the schelle battery strap. Now it feels as stuck as it did with the 4 gear.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mjbtaco
The square pack will be quite a bit more weight. With the 3 gear you want to put more weight further back. Myself and another driver at ocrc took our pucks out and are running the stock diff parts. I moved my shorty all the way back and my esc and receiver as well while using the schelle battery strap. Now it feels as stuck as it did with the 4 gear.
What exactly removing the puck system do?
Old 01-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Less maintenance, same weight.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Took long enough...

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/mip-b5m...-transmission/

During this weekend‘s Reedy Offroad Race of Champions MIP have a new 3-gear transmission for Team Associated’s B5M buggy to show. The sturdy 7075 aluminium case offers improved precision, optimised gear mesh and thus higher efficiency compared to the standard moulded cases. At the same time the transmission package is relatively of the same overall weight as the OEM 4-gear transmission, keeping the weight distribution the same as what the car was designed for which can often be more beneficial than scrubbing tons of weight. Also as the motor sits at a 3mm offset to the left an optimised left to right weight balance is achieved – the needed spacer and new spring will be supplied with the transmission kit. On top of that the all-alloy gearbox will act as a giant heatsink, making for improved motor cooling and a reduced power fade during a run. The 3-gear design also makes for a more efficient operation making the gearbox ideal for stock and modified racers alike.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Why would they make that? No way the can compete with AE's case when it's like $10 to get. Then there's theirs for $58ish or more I bet.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Why would they make that? No way the can compete with AE's case when it's like $10 to get. Then there's theirs for $58ish or more I bet.
It will cost more than that.

And it's pure badass.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

I really like that MIP centered the motor more, that made a difference in jumping level on my kyosho when they released it, I wondered why the B5 wasn't like that since they were redesigning cases and top shafts anyway..
Old 01-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Shock limiters. What would I expect by removing one limiter, from all four shocks?

I race mod class. This weekend I went from my B5-R to a B5-M I purchased from a good friend. The MM car handled similar to the RM except it was difficult to clear small jumps with. Like I had to drive it near full wood to make a 12 foot long jump.

Im' not sure what the setup is. I got the car together for third round of qualifying then ran the main. I am assuming there are more limiters in than my RM had.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Shock limiters. What would I expect by removing one limiter, from all four shocks?

I race mod class. This weekend I went from my B5-R to a B5-M I purchased from a good friend. The MM car handled similar to the RM except it was difficult to clear small jumps with. Like I had to drive it near full wood to make a 12 foot long jump.

Im' not sure what the setup is. I got the car together for third round of qualifying then ran the main. I am assuming there are more limiters in than my RM had.
Drive train loss.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
Drive train loss.
it also can be less actual rear bite, the tires could be spinning just enough to not gain enough momentum.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

IMO, MM does not jump as far as RM. why? the rm car is lighter, spins up faster and has more rear bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.