Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chef88
K I'm a noob, when comes to off road
Have the same issue as Graham11.
RM = rear motor car front arms?
Rear hubs forward = more rear traction.
please explain the 4mm of trailing.
Thanks
tailing refers to the trailing axle on the front. the kit comes with +2,3,4. +4= 4mm back from the pin. so front wheels are moved close to the rear wheels kind of. the more trailing, the more "forgiving" the steering is. please refer to the tuning in the manual. Yes, RM refers to the ream motor arms. most everyone uses the RM arms front and rear. "If" AE comes out with a FT car, I expect it to come with Rm arms, just because that is what everyone does. yes, hubs forward moves more weight over the rear axles, thus more traction.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
tailing refers to the trailing axle on the front. the kit comes with +2,3,4. +4= 4mm back from the pin. so front wheels are moved close to the rear wheels kind of. the more trailing, the more "forgiving" the steering is. please refer to the tuning in the manual. Yes, RM refers to the ream motor arms. most everyone uses the RM arms front and rear. "If" AE comes out with a FT car, I expect it to come with Rm arms, just because that is what everyone does. yes, hubs forward moves more weight over the rear axles, thus more traction.
Will give it a try
Thanks
Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
wondering if anyone has any good setups? im running the box setup but not having much luck car is loose and pushing real bad. i run on a small indoor tight hard packed dirt track using super soft electrons. any help please.
Had to deal with that also.
Three things that help me out........
Make sure your arms front & back are free.
Be sure to break in those electrons.
Stay in the racing line, once out take it easy for a half lap otherwise your car will be unpredictable.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Had to deal with that also.
Three things that help me out........
Make sure your arms front & back are free.
Be sure to break in those electrons.
Stay in the racing line, once out take it easy for a half lap otherwise your car will be unpredictable.
This is going to sound really stupid but how do you break in tires ?
thanks
Old 01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

will the avid or lundsford ballstuds free up the ball cups?
Old 01-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wondering if anyone has a step by step for drilling the plastic wing mounts to fasten the wing with screws instead of the standard body clips? seen it done on someones buggy and it looks super clean, plus I put the proline wing on my buggy and its a lot more thick so the associated wing shim doesn't fit anymore
Old 01-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
This is going to sound really stupid but how do you break in tires ?
thanks
I found that the super softs work better on hard dirt track with about three five minute runs on them before you race.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I found that the super softs work better on hard dirt track with about three five minute runs on them before you race.
Thank you very much.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Breaking in tires is essentially running them on the car for a little while so the pins wear the front edge off giving the pin more surface area against the track surface. This would only be done on medium to high bite surfaces. You could potentially chuck the tire up on a drill and use a sand paper etc, but i dont have any experience doing that myself. Somebody may have some tips in that reguard.
Slicks would be somewhat similar in that you want to remove the shine off the tire. You can run the tire or chuck it on a drill or dremel the surface with a drum.
Another need to break in tires is to work the foam inserts a little bit so they are a tad more forgiving. Others just cut the grooves or inside supports to facilitate that.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by steelers82
wondering if anyone has a step by step for drilling the plastic wing mounts to fasten the wing with screws instead of the standard body clips? seen it done on someones buggy and it looks super clean, plus I put the proline wing on my buggy and its a lot more thick so the associated wing shim doesn't fit anymore
Pretty sure you dremel disc the knobs off flush then break out a drill bit. Forget the size off hand but i believe you'll want a 7/64, 3mm, .110 for SAE but i think you'll need to step down a size for M3 screws.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mason
Here's a medium-high bite stock setup for you indoor guys to try. It's all stock oem kit pieces with the addition of the aluminum C & D for the extra tunability. Normally I try not to run stock but some days you gotta measure up the young'ns. This setup netted me an 18.3 this past weekend which I believe is about the fastest single lap on our current layout but also probably best overall average as well. I'm still playing with the front end to improve consistency but I figured somebody might benefit from it.

Front:
camber -1, toe 0
flat arms, flat tower
kick up 25, caster 5
3mm trailing, no bump steer spacers
axle middle, caster block centered
ackerman roughly 2mm (scrounged around various washers for this )
Shock Mount 2B, links 1B with 0.75 mm spacer (black plastic kit washer)
ride height arms level
Shocks -
3x 1.4 taper (rebound) drowned in 30 wt ASC on White Springs
all other shock parts/measurements are stock.

Rear:
Camber -1
Ride Height arms level
Links on 2B up with 1mm on inner link mount
Shocks mounted 2B
arm mount - 2.5 x 2 deg antisquat and 0.5 hub inserts

Shocks -
1.7 pistons drowned in 32.5 ASC with White Springs
I run an extra limiter and back out the eyelet 1 turn to get back to stock travel.

Tires are JConcepts Smoothies w/ included dirt tech foams rolling on Bullet rims. Lately spreading some WD40 thinly on the tires then following with SXT 3.0.
Battery is Reedy 4100 shorty all the way back in the tray.
Tekin RS with Reedy Mach 2 running 31 deg timing with 35 pinion and 72 spur. Of course you'll need to adjust for your layout.
Track is 118x46, medium speed with one straight of 80something feet into a long sweeper. Both speedo and motor coming off at 125-130f.
Ball diff at standard settings and stock clutch.

video of the track can be seen - https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRedHobbies/ and also at this unfortunately nasty link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4m...mwQ0mgw/videos

I will probably try bumping the front oil up to 32.5 looking for a little less dive and might even convert the rear to 3 x 1.4s for shtis and giggles.

Let me know if I've forgotten any other important bits of info.

ps.. no I have not scaled it in any fashion but according to just about everyone on here this thing is a pig!
good luck.
Just an update on this. Bumped front oil to 32.5 and weight is 1592g.. whippin up on all the skinny chicks.
Also flipped the steering rack over. Not sure it did much for bump steer but can't say any noticable negative effects either.
Also moved battery forward 2 thin foamies. Would only recommend this if you are running the RM arms as it can get a little light in the rear on some braking points. So looks like i'll be picking up some rm arms.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Went to the gull wing arms and tower last night for the first time.

Was a great improvement from the flat fronts. Gives more initial turn in and also smooths out exit/on power steering.

Also made the car a touch more stable in the rough stuff.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone figured out how to put the mm4gear gearbox in the RM chassis?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Star
Has anyone figured out how to put the mm4gear gearbox in the RM chassis?
Why? The 3 gear in the rear motor is perfect.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

ok I need help I have a new viper 8.5 to a tekin rs gen to esc
some time I have brake some times I don't epa on raido 100 esc set 100 to I think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.